So, What is our personal standing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does our personal 'treasure chest' look like ?

Prov.11.18 ".... to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward."

Matt. 25 19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliverest unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Also...what are the - "few things"... ?
...and what is the - "ruler over many things" ?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hat does our personal 'treasure chest' look like ?

Matt. 25 19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

I think we will all be very surprised at what is in store for us. If we are humble the surprise will be good. If we are proud...not so much!
So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliverest unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

I believe we grow into different statures if we are faithful. So then the 5 talents were received one at a time and lived out so as to bring to maturity the fruit we are expected to produce... according to the grace given to us.

Every detail is important. God sees all. But He is looking for people to rule with Christ in the next age. Cities, planets, solar systems...etc.. :)

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP --->

My personal STANDING, is "IN CHRIST".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

Bless you, sister! I personally believe the "few things" in Matthew 25 to be revelation from God - the "true riches" - which Christian leaders and teachers are to build upon in order to feed God's people, and the "ruler over many things" to be kingship in Christ's coming kingdom (Matthew 24:45).

As for how I'm doing, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I think I'm doing pretty good, maybe better than most. But time will tell.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Jesus will reject many who claimed mighty works in his name, saying he never knew them. So I think we need to clarify what good works are in his view. And then become faithful in even the most elementary of them. I think an attitude of thanksgiving is paramount in all that confronts us. Taking the unpleasant in faith as a blessing in process. And finding love for a motive instead of remorsefully fulfilling legal quotas. Trusting Jesus has atoned for even our best works, making them acceptable. Etc., etc.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we will all be very surprised at what is in store for us. If we are humble the surprise will be good. If we are proud...not so much!

I believe we grow into different statures if we are faithful. So then the 5 talents were received one at a time and lived out so as to bring to maturity the fruit we are expected to produce... according to the grace given to us.

Every detail is important. God sees all. But He is looking for people to rule with Christ in the next age. Cities, planets, solar systems...etc.. :)

Thanks.. I like that ..amen. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally believe the "few things" in Matthew 25 to be revelation from God - the "true riches" - <snip> and the "ruler over many things" to be kingship in Christ's coming kingdom (Matthew 24:45).

Oh great I like that...never seen that the " few things" as the revelation of God.
I had see the point #2 though and have believed it that way for years..
As does @Episkopos too it seems... :)

Thanks Chris.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<snip> . I think an attitude of thanksgiving is paramount in all that confronts us. Taking the unpleasant in faith as a blessing in process. And finding love for a motive instead of remorsefully fulfilling legal quotas. Trusting Jesus has atoned for even our best works, making them acceptable. Etc., etc.

Thanks Dave...and I so agree...I like the reminder that a great part of our "good fruit" is not 'running around doing' all the time...but rejoicing in tribulation , etc as King David did. I see that has a lot to do with us becoming the Overcomers...( Rev 3)
The the very important fact of LOVE always being our motivation. Amen!

Thank you... :)

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cheater... :D
I am sure we all agree with that... but what about these questions asked?

Broadly I would say the FEW things; hinges on individuals Mimicking Jesus, (our Example). And the MANY things: is Gods Authority over BOTH the faithful and the deniers.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Tecarta BibleI guess this could be considered a few things. But when exercised in us by the Spirit of God, all the Holy law is fulfilled.

Reactions: brakelite

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

Relationships

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Dave...and I so agree...I like the reminder that a great part of our "good fruit" is not 'running around doing' all the time...but rejoicing in tribulation , etc as King David did. I see that has a lot to do with us becoming the Overcomers...( Rev 3)
The the very important fact of LOVE always being our motivation. Amen!

Thank you... :)

For reals Helen! :D it's the battle while living by faith...flesh vs Spirit! We win some battles and we lose some. I lose many battles yet am still up and fighting this spiritual battle...the war was won before the foundations of this earth and time itself. So, where I stand is: Everyday anew! As His mercies ARE new everyday ♥♥♥ My treasure is at Gods right hand at the moment :)

"Also...what are the - "few things

Makes me think of this verse:
Luke 16:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 “If you are faithful in little (or, few) things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.
I don't know if I answered

""...and what is the - "ruler over many things" ?" Same principle maybe? Dunno!

Good Thread Helen!

Reactions: Dave L and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan." Rev 2:9

"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:" Rev 3:17

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our personal standing (which is solely in Christ) and our personal treasure chests are two different things. And only God knows the contents of the latter.
Also...what are the - "few things"... ? ...and what is the - "ruler over many things" ?
Compare this with Luke 19:16-19: Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

So what do we learn from these two parables?

1. Faithful and diligent service for Christ on earth will be rewarded.

2. Since God has designated His children as kings and priests, He will give then royal authority when they reign with Christ.

3. Our responsibilities will be commensurate with our service. Which means that actual cities, provinces, states, kingdoms (or even planets) may be assigned to those who had worked diligently and productively for the Kingdom of God on earth.

4. No one will be idle in eternity, since God hates idleness. Every Christian will have a job, but those who were lazy and indifferent will not be too happy with their jobs.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good one Enoch ...thank you... :D

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

Well, of course, I don't believe it is money or riches, but gifts of the Spirit for ministry.