So what IS the point of this forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsalie

Sep 21, 2007
If you guys don't want nonchristians to question you, why do you open it to nonchristians at all? It's stupid. Don't refer to us as "those who aren't saved by christ", because how is some guy gonna save our souls? We're fine how we are, and it's just derogatory.

Reactions: Tiddy

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
When you join a christian site the word mean followers of Christso if you are not a follower your not saved by him as you must accept him as your savior to be saved. those are the facts so whats the problem you are what you are. if you have chosen that road to follow why are we at fault for calling what you have choosen to be??? If we call you what you are how is it derogatory?

The Brucemaster

Sep 9, 2007
It's derogatory because it implies that Christians are morally superior to others based on their belief that Jesus Christ has saved them and not others. It is also not a fact that everyone needs to be saved. Such a thing cannot be objectively proven. You are perfectly entitled to believe that that is the case but it is far from being a verifiable fact.

Reactions: Tiddy

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's derogatory because it implies that Christians are morally superior to others based on their belief that Jesus Christ has saved them and not others.
I'm sorry, but you came and signed up for a Christian forum. I don't make it a habit to sign up for an post on Atheist, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhists, boards and so on and then complain about the implications one way or another. It's a Christian forum, as that is the declared purpose of this website. It's not a religious website open to all religions of the world to talk about what they want to, period.Around here, either you're Christian...or you aren't. That's your choice, but our choice is for this to be a Christian forum. Don't sign up if you don't like it.Frankly, there's nothing derogatory about it unless you come here looking for something to be such.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
I'm happy you are here. Hey questions mean you are searching, and that is a good thing. None of us were grandfathered into the faith. We each came to Jesus because we realized we were incomplete & couldn't measure up to God's standards on our own. But the good news of Christianity is that God made a way for us. Jesus bridged that gap.If anyone came across as haughty or confrontational, I apologize. No Christian has a right to brag. We aren't superior. Only Jesus made our salvation possible. And them gave us his Spirit to live in our hearts, so that we could live a life in harmony with God. We should be the humblest people around-because we KNOW we can't measure up on our own.My hope & prayer is that you will forgive our poor representation of Jesus. And open your heart to God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Astral;20541)
You can't have faith in something if you can't find a way to believe in it. I know many atheists who would love to believe if they could. But they can't convince themselves it's the truth. So now they have to suffer even though they are trying their hardest.Christianity or any other religion you come across and take a liking to, isn't by choice, it's normally because it lines up with your morals etc. If it lines up with what you believe in, naturally you are going to be drawn into it and become a part of that particular belief.I find people who "choose" to be of a particular religion, have no real faith of their own.A simple question:Would it be better for someone to run around lying saying "I'm Christian etc etc" and really not have any faith at all? Or is it better for them to be honest with themselves and others and say "I really just can't believe, I need more evidence/proof etc"
Like my dear sister Kriss in Christ. It is called faith.Let me tell you something, I was an atheist in my whole life until a Christian lady told me about God and Christ in January 2006. To make a long story short, I suffered so much pain physically and mentally for 4 months. I felt like I was going to die in a minute.I repented of my sins and have Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I felt a new. (This was summer time)The best advice for believing in the truth of God and Christ is to let go of yourself. Life is too short to hold on to your own pain and never let Him take it away so that you can feel better.Love much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Astral;20547)
What you're saying makes 0 sense. Faith and belief are nearly the same thing. You can't have faith without belief.Definition:Faith - Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.You can't be confident in a belief if you don't believe in it.So I reiterate:You can't have faith in something if you can't find a way to believe in it.(thesuperjag)
Let me tell you something, I was an atheist in my whole life until a Christian lady told me about God and Christ in January 2006. To make a long story short, I suffered so much pain physically and mentally for 4 months. I felt like I was going to die in a minute.I repented of my sins and have Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I felt a new. (This was summer time)The best advice for believing in the truth of God and Christ is to let go of yourself. Life is too short to hold on to your own pain and never let Him take it away so that you can feel better.
That's great and I'm happy for you.Also if you can, can you answer my question
happy.gif
Would it be better for someone to run around lying saying "I'm Christian etc etc" and really not have any faith at all? Or is it better for them to be honest with themselves and others and say "I really just can't believe, I need more evidence/proof etc"Dear AstralLying to yourself or a friend is far worse than telling the truth. Even though I rather have him say that, (that was highlighted in the quote) but at the same time, I ask him, Is their a difinate truth? If yes, he should ask God to show him the truth, if no, then we rely on ourselves and wonder what's the purpose of life. Either we believe that Christ died for our sins or don't. Either we believe that Christ is the Son of God or don't. Faith can not be forced.Much love, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
(Astral;20537)
Not everyone chooses not to be Christian, it's just that they have a hard time believing. It's not like we got to see the wonderful miracles of Jesus or anything.
I read over your posts several times hoping to discern your question. And I think I hear you. In a nutshell, how can you change yourself & go from having no faith, to having faith? The bottom line is you can't. We don't have the human power to "make" ourself Christians. Because unlike other changes in idealogy, becoming a Christian involves a change in our basic nature. It requires a choice on our part. And an action on God's part.Before you think you are up a creek without a paddle, God knows it isn't possible for us (in ourselves.) The faith that will help you find God, is actually a gift from God. Yes, I know this sounds circular. But God has a deep abiding love for each of us. He wants us to know Him.So let's say that is where you are. Okay, what do you do? Just (out loud) ask God to show Himself to you. Something along the lines of:God, other people say you exist & are real. Help me know you. Help me find you. Make you presence known to me.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
Since you've brought up the supernatural twice, I will tell you what I think. Miracles do cause people to stand up & take notice. They make people aware that the world isn't only what they can see, touch & feel. But I don't think, in themselves, they lead to a changed life. The conversion experience is a far more quiet event. Involving just a person & God. Not any less miraculous, just more profound.It is good to ponder things & not just rush into any decision. But at some point, action is better. Have you tried talking to God? Do you have a bible, so you could read about God?Help us understand where you are, so we can point you in the right direction. I have problems with my hands, so I limit my typing. But there in another thread with many bible verses showing God's plan.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
I like the way Nova approaches things with a humble heart. This is a sure sign of true Christianity. I cannot discount the rest who have addressed this but maybe their spiritual gifts are slightly different. I appologize for any inappropriate behavior, but Christians arent perfect, we are all still a work in progress.Let me share something with you, I have been on both sides of the table. I started out, raised Christian, belief , faith, miricles, feelings, the whole nine yards, until I was 15, I rebelled bad.So bad that I used my Christian knowledge to attack and try to destroy the faith of other Christians. God let me do this, but when it was time for me to return He broke my heart and I came back bawling like a baby. I didnt want to be a Christian, I wanted nothing to do with it at all. Why was I this bad off against God, because I couldnt see what I thought was legitimate proof of His existance or His truth. But once He broke my heart and opened my eyes, I cannot help but see his truth even when I am not looking. The Lord tells us we must come to Him as a child with childlike understanding. We must be born again, but we cannot do this in and of ourselves, we must submit to Him and His truth. If we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts,He is faithful to give us everlasting life. We cannot always feel God as we would like to but He is there. Blessed are those who believe by seeing,but even more blessed are those who believe without seeing.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(RobinD69)
I like the way Nova approaches things with a humble heart. This is a sure sign of true Christianity. I cannot discount the rest who have addressed this but maybe their spiritual gifts are slightly different. I appologize for any inappropriate behavior, but Christians arent perfect, we are all still a work in progress.Let me share something with you, I have been on both sides of the table. I started out, raised Christian, belief , faith, miricles, feelings, the whole nine yards, until I was 15, I rebelled bad.So bad that I used my Christian knowledge to attack and try to destroy the faith of other Christians. God let me do this, but when it was time for me to return He broke my heart and I came back bawling like a baby. I didnt want to be a Christian, I wanted nothing to do with it at all. Why was I this bad off against God, because I couldnt see what I thought was legitimate proof of His existance or His truth. But once He broke my heart and opened my eyes, I cannot help but see his truth even when I am not looking. The Lord tells us we must come to Him as a child with childlike understanding. We must be born again, but we cannot do this in and of ourselves, we must submit to Him and His truth. If we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts,He is faithful to give us everlasting life. We cannot always feel God as we would like to but He is there. Blessed are those who believe by seeing,but even more blessed are those who believe without seeing.
Nice word Robin
smile.gif
, i kind a like the point of what you are saying
smile.gif
.Wallahu a'lam.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
What's more right to you Astral? To say truth to everybody that might have joy in the Lord, that He promised us eternal life, or not to say truth that you don't care about a person.Not saving souls is like hating a person and that same person who refused to save souls is like he/she doesn't want God in life as Lord and Saviour.P.S. Slave and servants are two different words and meaning. Slave is on the KJV only twice. once on the OT and once in the NT. It is a previledge to be a servant. I hate modern versions (politically correct bible) cause it really feels like "Hey, stay away from God, He wants you as slave and Satan can free us that" That's a pure lie.Love much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
You say you want to know God as a friend and not as a slave.He offers you more than that,He offers you a relationship,and yes that relationship can be misinterprited master slave.But realy take a look at it,What has God done for you?He gave you life,He gave you the ability to think,He gives you breath in your lungs,light by day as well as by night.God has served us all in many ways we cannot realize and all He asks is the same in return.He wants your love and mutual respect.None of us can ever be good enough to be His equal,but He is willing to provide a way for us to be His family even when we are not worthy.I dont think you have a mental problem,but I do believe you might be confused by the limits of this world.We all are.We all try to limit God by our perspective without truly considering His perspective.The world will tell you to believe theories as facts and they will force you to listen,but God asks you to believe and He wont force you to.You mentioned you have weird desires,join the crowd,we all do but many are unwiling to admit they do.God doesnt betray us but He does release us of our strongholds as He sees fit.Paul had a thorn in his side,some speculate it was his eyesight,some think is was an apostate in his midst,while others think of numerous strongholds it could have been,but the point God made to him was"My grace is sufficient for thee".Perhaps your hardships and strongholds are Gods way of drawing you nearer to Him.When these desires or hardships come on,pray,reach out to God for deliverance and believe He will provide a way out.Look at all the Apostles,Disciples and Prophets,they all suffered much more than any of us probably ever will,and they still had faith in Gods promise.Know this,when we are weak He is strong.We all have bouts with doubt,but you have already declared that you believe in God,start believing He is listening and acting in your life and remember Satan will attack you and keep you full of doubt if he thinks he is hurting God and you.Just reach out to God and show Him your love even when you dont feel loved in return.And when you dont feel loved in return,just look around at everything He has done for you and at all those who are worse off than you and you will see that He does love you as well as those worse off than you,but the world is the problem that gets in the way and tries to steal our blessings,and Satan is the one leading the ways of the world so he can cause harm to the elect and God.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
(RobinD69)
You say you want to know God as a friend and not as a slave.He offers you more than that,He offers you a relationship,and yes that relationship can be misinterprited master slave.But realy take a look at it,What has God done for you?He gave you life,He gave you the ability to think,He gives you breath in your lungs,light by day as well as by night.God has served us all in many ways we cannot realize and all He asks is the same in return.He wants your love and mutual respect.None of us can ever be good enough to be His equal,but He is willing to provide a way for us to be His family even when we are not worthy.I dont think you have a mental problem,but I do believe you might be confused by the limits of this world.We all are.We all try to limit God by our perspective without truly considering His perspective.The world will tell you to believe theories as facts and they will force you to listen,but God asks you to believe and He wont force you to.You mentioned you have weird desires,join the crowd,we all do but many are unwiling to admit they do.God doesnt betray us but He does release us of our strongholds as He sees fit.Paul had a thorn in his side,some speculate it was his eyesight,some think is was an apostate in his midst,while others think of numerous strongholds it could have been,but the point God made to him was"My grace is sufficient for thee".Perhaps your hardships and strongholds are Gods way of drawing you nearer to Him.When these desires or hardships come on,pray,reach out to God for deliverance and believe He will provide a way out.Look at all the Apostles,Disciples and Prophets,they all suffered much more than any of us probably ever will,and they still had faith in Gods promise.Know this,when we are weak He is strong.We all have bouts with doubt,but you have already declared that you believe in God,start believing He is listening and acting in your life and remember Satan will attack you and keep you full of doubt if he thinks he is hurting God and you.Just reach out to God and show Him your love even when you dont feel loved in return.And when you dont feel loved in return,just look around at everything He has done for you and at all those who are worse off than you and you will see that He does love you as well as those worse off than you,but the world is the problem that gets in the way and tries to steal our blessings,and Satan is the one leading the ways of the world so he can cause harm to the elect and God.
:angel10: it's kind like full of wisdom
smile.gif

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
Depending on which translation you use, the word may be either servant or slave. But in the Greek, the word is slave. And if it was anyone other than God, I'd run in the opposite direction, too. I don't have a problem with the idea of being a slave of God. Unlike a human person; God is perfect, loving, wise & dependable. The Word says, I can either be a "slave to sin" and suffer the consequences both here on earth from my poor choices & the eternal ones from rejecting God's offer of salvation. Or I can be a "slave to Jesus" (as Paul called himself) & have both companionship with God now & thruout eternity. God's plan is a better deal all around.Despite all the negative connotations to the word slave, I rather prefer it. Because it reminds me I was bought with a price. It cost something to gain my salvation. It wasn't cheap or easy. Jesus lived sinless & died (not to pay for any sin on His part), but to pay for my (our) sins.Secondly, it reminds me that I am human (part of the created world) & not God. So the things I accomplish aren't for myself, but rather my master (God.) It is hard to get an over inflated ego, when I reflect on me vs God (on the goodness/worthiness scale.) This helps keep me humble. Plus, it reminds me the I stand under the authority of God. And my actions on God's behalf, stem from His Spirit & power flowing thru me. So I have no basis for boasting about my own accomplishments.Third, I have found that an awareness that I am a slave of God, helps protect me from evil. I can't find a scripture verse that specifically describes this. But it is something that I've experienced several times. Perhaps it is because I have a childlike confidence that God is in control. Or perhaps, it is because I don't see my Christian walk as something I can abandon when I run into hardships. An awareness & acceptance that I am (because I have chosen to be) a slave of God has some intangible benefits.The scripture also calls us; children of God, joint heirs with Christ & friends of God. So slave isn't the only term used to describe this relationship. But I think if you explore God's nature, you won't find the idea of being a slave as scary.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
If you asked me to sum up in one word the relationship between God & a Christian, it would be companion. That is what He originally created humanity to be. And I believe is remains at the core of the relationship.Reading you posts, you sound like you want Him. But are torn. Okay, I can understand that. So I've decided the best thing I can offer you is my prayers. I can't be there with you to help you. But I can lift you up & ask for God to make Himself known.

Status
Not open for further replies.