Social Security goes bankrupt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am 67 years old. The first “job” I was employed to do; took out of my paycheck the following;

Social Security & Medicare taxes

What was left was/is the “money” I can spend wherever I choose; As in “cash”

As one recipient of Social Security benefits I can say, “Thank You
for sending me money to spend as I choose For the rest of my life.,.

Even if I live to one hundred and ten years (110)…,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,,.,,,,,………….,,.,.,.,.

After all it was/is always was my money

In the first place

Thank you :)-

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am 67 years old. The first “job” I was employed to do; took out of my paycheck the following;

Social Security & Medicare taxes

What was left was/is the “money” I can spend wherever I choose; As in “cash”

As one recipient of Social Security benefits I can say, “Thank You
for sending me money to spend as I choose For the rest of my life.,.

Even if I live to one hundred and ten years (110)…,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,,.,,,,,………….,,.,.,.,.

After all it was/is always was my money

In the first place

Thank you :)-

images

Same here in Australia. I paid my taxes throughout my life so that I would have funds to receive an Age Pension when I retire. That's the truth and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m 73 years old and I receive a monthly check for $2,229. It is in my view the most successful government program ever enacted. Today the Republicon’s are trying to find a way to get their hands on this money for self-serving reasons.

Our federal government has borrowed over a trillion dollars from the SSTF and still the SSA has a positive balance of $2,852 billion.

The Social Security trust funds are financial accounts in the U.S. Treasury. There are two separate Social Security trust funds, the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund pays retirement and survivors benefits, and the Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Fund pays disability benefits.

Social Security: The Trust Funds
Updated June 29, 2022

Projections show the OASI fund remaining solvent until 2034,

whereas the DI fund is projected to remain solvent throughout the 75-year projection period

The Trustees project that the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund will be able to pay full benefits on a timely basis until 2034

The accumulated holdings of the Social Security trust funds totaled
$2,852 billion at the end of calendar year 2021.

https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/RL33028.pdf