[Solved]Matthew 12:31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

what are the sins considered against the holy spirit?

if I sinned against the holy spirit it would be better for me to die now I will also die in the next life I have no hope says christ and this is reality

it's so depressing but what can I do it is reality can I do anything to forgive me nothing.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
but I'm not sure if I really blasphemed the holy spirit

so what if I did it out of ignorance?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
will they forget this if I fall to Christ Jesus? will they forget my sin as well as what I did in the holy spirit ?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

what are the sins considered against the holy spirit?

if I sinned against the holy spirit it would be better for me to die now I will also die in the next life I have no hope says christ and this is reality

it's so depressing but what can I do it is reality can I do anything to forgive me nothing.

You have to have the Holy Spirit in you to sin against Him. It is the sin of apostasy. That is someone who was a Spirit-filled Christian, and later turns against Christ, and turns to other gods or other religion, or atheism. It is impossible for these people to turn back to Christ.

Hebrews 6:
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have all been trying to figure that one out for the past 2,000 years.

We may grieve the Holy Spirit in us by failing to do something you are lead to do. But QUENCHING the Holy Spirit, the Spirit leaves. That is the unpardonable sin of apostasy.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
We have all been trying to figure that one out for the past 2,000 years.
this is serious now if i did blasphemed the holy spirit even if i die of this pandemic there's nothing to it i'll die in the next world anyway was like i've been killed now

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You have to have the Holy Spirit in you to sin against Him. It is the sin of apostasy. That is someone who was a Spirit-filled Christian, and later turns against Christ, and turns to other gods or other religion, or atheism. It is impossible for these people to turn back to Christ.
You haven't done it.
i just hope you are right... but how do you know?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
A person who has sinned against the Holy Spirit and no longer believes in Christ, doesn't care like you do. So you haven't committed it. You still trust in Jesus don't you?
yes thank you
and yes i trust his word this is his words he was the one who said this

i doubted your words but after i remembered i did pray before taking a look at the replies

maybe this is the answer to it
"you haven't done it"

Reactions: Nancy and Stan B

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes thank you
and yes i trust his word this is his words he was the one who said this

i doubted your words but after i remembered i did pray before taking a look at the replies

maybe this is the answer to it
"you haven't done it"

Right! You wouldn't care if you had done it, so you haven't. Now, just keep growing.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A person who has sinned against the Holy Spirit and no longer believes in Christ, doesn't care like you do. So you haven't committed it. You still trust in Jesus don't you?
I would tend to lean toward the concept that it is the Holy Spirit that convicts of sin, and reveals the answer in the Saviour. Rejection of His revelation is probably not a healthy path to choose.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
this is serious now if i did blasphemed the holy spirit even if i die of this pandemic there's nothing to it i'll die in the next world anyway was like i've been killed now
We have a firm commitment from God:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." John 3

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It is simpler than you think. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is simple to call a miracle performed by the Spirit the work of Satan.

For example, say I was to lay hands on a sick person and command them to be made whole and they were made whole and someone said "Oh that was satan who did that and made you think it was the Holy Spirit." That person is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First you would have to know what it means to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

People are not Naturally Born Believing in God/ or Christ Jesus.

People can learn and begin forming thoughts, to lean toward belief, and still be reserved, wonder, doubt...and continue learning or completely stop hearing and learning and take a firm STANDING ...
To Believe IN God, but NOT Christ Jesus,
To NOT believe in God and Christ Jesus.

That may be their STANDING position...
For awhile- and return to learning;
Or remain denying until their physical dying death.

Whichever ^^ will prompt the saving or not saving or their souls, which is not the point here.

It is men who Do NOT Believe....that go above and beyond their personal disbelief...
In THREE ways, that "Will Not be Forgiven."
1)
A man who does Not Believe WHO;
Preaches, Teaches, Encourages, Promotes, Advocates, "for others" TO NOT Believe.
2)
A man who exalts, enjoys, esteems, stands up for in support, the man described as # 1.
3)
A man who during the last Days Tribulation, have become Marked with Allegiance TO the anti-Christ Beast....and again, encourage others to do the same...

Every man has his own learning About God, About Christ Timeframe and deciding to Believe or Not. Wondering, doubts, denying, Believing ...are normal behaviors when learning anything New.
And Why.... men can be forgiven.

But landing on unbelief and...then going beyond the individual's choice...to purposely Prevent, Or encourage others to Not Believe...is Unforgivable.

Hope that helps.

Glory to God,
Taken

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
For example, say I was to lay hands on a sick person and command them to be made whole and they were made whole and someone said "Oh that was satan who did that and made you think it was the Holy Spirit." That person is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
oh i think i did that but how can you really know it was the work of the holy spirit

thing is you can't* put a dot on it i'll tell how i did it after you reply

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians) having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was casting out demons in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus had an unclean spirit and casts them out by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) Jesus was very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and these Pharisees who committed this unforgivable sin were not believers.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians) having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was casting out demons in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus had an unclean spirit and casts them out by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) Jesus was very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and these Pharisees who committed this unforgivable sin were not believers.

That is like some popular Cessationists who hate Pentecostals and claim that everything they do is by the devil. Have they committed the unpardonable sin?

Besides, many of those Pharisees didn't believe until AFTER the Resurrection. The sign of Jonah.

Last edited: