Some tips on reading short stories

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ben Abraham

Dec 13, 2020
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some short stories can be a bit "long-winded" yet some are "short" short stories. Some say; "Well, this one is just too long to read." Then, what can you do? Does anyone read the Bible in one sitting? of course not. We take our time and read, study the Word of God little by little, to let the WORD sink in.

The same is with faith-inspiring short stories. I would not write a short story if it does not connect the reader somehow with God, with a faith experience, or just to put yourself in the shoes of the character or characters. Sometimes, we can not do that in one sitting. So, if you feel the story is too long. If it is, it is continued under "reply". then...you can...

1. Get up and drink some coffee, 2. Go walk the dog, 3. Go walk the cat, 4. Feed the dog 5. Feed the cat. 6. Feed the goldfish. 7. Go outside for a walk. 8. Look up into the sky and see if you can sight a UFO.

OK, now that I made you smile or laugh, just take a break and come back later. Don't stop reading just because it is long. Most of my short stories are long, but there is a meaning in each of the stories. Allow yourself to be blessed by the reading. I took a creative writing course when I attended Liberty University. It was well worth it. We were all challenged. So, if you have a special writing gift, use it, if you enjoy the writings of others, then READ!

Ben Abraham. be blessed in 2021.

PIC: "Here's looking at Ya!" (a little kitten in a humble house in one of the "barrios" in San Salvador, El Salvador. SAM_1447.JPG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ben Abraham Thank you for your efforts here in the work of God!

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Give God the glory my friend

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some short stories can be a bit "long-winded" yet some are "short" short stories. Some say; "Well, this one is just too long to read." Then, what can you do? Does anyone read the Bible in one sitting? of course not. We take our time and read, study the Word of God little by little, to let the WORD sink in.

The same is with faith-inspiring short stories. I would not write a short story if it does not connect the reader somehow with God, with a faith experience, or just to put yourself in the shoes of the character or characters. Sometimes, we can not do that in one sitting. So, if you feel the story is too long. If it is, it is continued under "reply". then...you can...

1. Get up and drink some coffee, 2. Go walk the dog, 3. Go walk the cat, 4. Feed the dog 5. Feed the cat. 6. Feed the goldfish. 7. Go outside for a walk. 8. Look up into the sky and see if you can sight a UFO.

OK, now that I made you smile or laugh, just take a break and come back later. Don't stop reading just because it is long. Most of my short stories are long, but there is a meaning in each of the stories. Allow yourself to be blessed by the reading. I took a creative writing course when I attended Liberty University. It was well worth it. We were all challenged. So, if you have a special writing gift, use it, if you enjoy the writings of others, then READ!

Ben Abraham. be blessed in 2021.

PIC: "Here's looking at Ya!" (a little kitten in a humble house in one of the "barrios" in San Salvador, El Salvador. View attachment 12275

Some threads on here are so good. But I can't get past the first paragraph. But with other topics, have to pick out truth from not truth. So I really don't get into them much.

With Bible studies, it is digesting them.

But with short stories and rpg, I get really into them.

Do you like to write with people? Id love to get back some good, short public rpg stories going.

I may not be good at the discussing theology, but God blessed me with a writer's heart. It used to be dark and I have to safe guard against that, but it is such a great ministry tool.

Reactions: amadeus

Ben Abraham

Dec 13, 2020
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I like writing ABOUT people, and events concerning their lives. always faith-related. If it doesn't point a person to God, it isn't worth writing.