Some Truisms for those New in the Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The central theme of Scripture is redemption from mankind’s sin through God’s Son.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is sufficient for doctrine and instruction in righteousness.

Prayer and Bible reading are like two wings of a bird, over emphasis of one over the other will send you in circles.

We are all born in sin and sin as part of our old nature.
Jesus is God in the flesh, who fulfilled the demands of righteousness in our stead, who bore the wrath of God due us.
Salvation is offered as a free gift on the merits of Jesus alone.
The Trinity consists of three Persons/One God- the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
Jesus will return in Judgment.
He presently is at the right hand of God interceeding for the saints.

The Christian walk involves Him increasing and us decreasing.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The central theme of Scripture is redemption from mankind’s sin through God’s Son.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is sufficient for doctrine and instruction in righteousness.

Prayer and Bible reading are like two wings of a bird, over emphasis of one over the other will send you in circles.

We are all born in sin and sin as part of our old nature.
Jesus is God in the flesh, who fulfilled the demands of righteousness in our stead, who bore the wrath of God due us.
Salvation is offered as a free gift on the merits of Jesus alone.
The Trinity consists of three Persons/One God- the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
Jesus will return in Judgment.
He presently is at the right hand of God interceeding for the saints.

The Christian walk involves Him increasing and us decreasing.

EXCELLENT , and well said.
( except one line....but what’s one line among friends...it was worth a ‘like’ even though.

( I see all judgement in Fathers hands , the Son coming to receive His Kingdom ....but it’s just all words really ...)
Good post .

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXCELLENT , and well said.
( except one line....but what’s one line among friends...it was worth a ‘like’ even though.

( I see all judgement in Fathers hands , the Son coming to receive His Kingdom ....but it’s just all words really ...)
Good post .
Yes, that is why I used the adjective 'some' in the Thread's title, as it is not an exhaustive list...others can add to it. :)

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I liked the way that you said :-

We hear, and see so much on here which would lead us to somehow believe that instead of The Lord Himself being the central theme it is sin which is of the major importance! :rolleyes:

I like a little line I hear decades ago....
"If we are focused on Him we wont get focussed on sin. "

Much like Pauls verse from Galatians, " This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

PS
When I start a new thread I often tag people (if no one has noticed it)...maybe you should give it a try ?
BTW I started one yesterday...but I am sorry I couldn't remember everyone!!
I forgot you...it went quickly and is far advanced now. But some good posts in there if you are interested. :) < When is a christian NOT a Christian? >

Bless you...Helen

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked the way that you said :-

We hear, and see so much on here which would lead us to somehow believe that instead of The Lord Himself being the central theme it is sin which is of the major importance! :rolleyes:

I like a little line I hear decades ago....
"If we are focused on Him we wont get focussed on sin. "

Much like Pauls verse from Galatians, " This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

PS
When I start a new thread I often tag people (if no one has noticed it)...maybe you should give it a try ?
BTW I started one yesterday...but I am sorry I couldn't remember everyone!!
I forgot you...it went quickly and is far advanced now. But some good posts in there if you are interested. :) < When is a christian NOT a Christian? >

Bless you...Helen
Yes, I have a tendency to fly under the radar lol.

Reactions: Helen