Someone Here Needs to Hear This

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Heart2soul I needed that…….mine is a small battle with an abscessed tooth , but it’s linked to some deep fears about healing. I have been to the dentist, had anti biotics ( two lots ) I don’t want a root canal or to lose another tooth as I lost a tooth a month ago ( then this other tooth started up ) Running alongside all this it was also the time when God started working on my youngest sons life ( years of waiting ) He came to faith on Thursday …..and yet here I am battling and faltering and it’s been affecting my mental health.
Now it’s a battle between giving in and going back to the dentist or trusting for a healing that I don’t know will come x
I am so tired of dealing with the tooth issues -what’s happened with Dan is amazing xx
Rita

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Heart2soul I needed that…….mine is a small battle with an abscessed tooth , but it’s linked to some deep fears about healing. I have been to the dentist, had anti biotics ( two lots ) I don’t want a root canal or to lose another tooth as I lost a tooth a month ago ( then this other tooth started up ) Running alongside all this it was also the time when God started working on my youngest sons life ( years of waiting ) He came to faith on Thursday …..and yet here I am battling and faltering and it’s been affecting my mental health.
Now it’s a battle between giving in and going back to the dentist or trusting for a healing that I don’t know will come x
I am so tired of dealing with the tooth issues -what’s happened with Dan is amazing xx
Rita

Prayed for your tooth. God bless.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
I am praying for your tooth....warm salt water rinses are amazingly effective in reducing the swelling.
As for Dan
I am raising a HALLELUJAH in the face of the enemy! And the Holy Spirit is moving mightily in his life and in yours.
I give God the Glory that when you are weak He is strong and you never give up.
I was praying and meditating about battles and I heard "the battle has already been fought and won, quit trying to fight what isn't there to fight, lean into the one who fought and won the victory...Jesus!"
I thought...well what is my armor for?....The good fight of Faith....the enemy is always attacking you to destroy your faith in Him who has already defeated our enemy.
I said wow, that is quite a revelation....now I get it!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
Praying with and for you sister!

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I did....

Great share sister,
Loved the comparison with Florence Chadwick. He's so right! Right when we seem to want to throw in the towel, He shows up...never late!
But let's take faith a little further and believe in the things that we might no even live to see!!! If it is His will, and we know that...then, we can rest assured in our full believing of what we might never see come to pass in this lifetime.
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for your tooth....warm salt water rinses are amazingly effective in reducing the swelling.
As for Dan
I am raising a HALLELUJAH in the face of the enemy! And the Holy Spirit is moving mightily in his life and in yours.
I give God the Glory that when you are weak He is strong and you never give up.
I was praying and meditating about battles and I heard "the battle has already been fought and won, quit trying to fight what isn't there to fight, lean into the one who fought and won the victory...Jesus!"
I thought...well what is my armor for?....The good fight of Faith....the enemy is always attacking you to destroy your faith in Him who has already defeated our enemy.
I said wow, that is quite a revelation....now I get it!

IKR, about Dan?!! :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great share sister,
Loved the comparison with Florence Chadwick. He's so right! Right when we seem to want to throw in the towel, He shows up...never late!
But let's take faith a little further and believe in the things that we might no even live to see!!! If it is His will, and we know that...then, we can rest assured in our full believing of what we might never see come to pass in this lifetime.
xo
I loved his testimony about his own struggle this past year....thinking his time was over because he hadn't heard anything from God.....I am so glad he persevered and gave this message to us. Made me cry....because I was feeling the exact same way.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved his testimony about his own struggle this past year....thinking his time was over because he hadn't heard anything from God.....I am so glad he persevered and gave this message to us. Made me cry....because I was feeling the exact same way.

God's timing is superb! I do so hate those times when He seems distant. I wonder if He pulls back sometimes to test and grow our faith. Will we continue to reach out to Him no matter what, or toss in that ole towel!
Sometimes those thoughts can sneak in and grab hold. But then..."where would we go?" :)
I want to send this to one of my brothers. Again, good share.
xo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My R.U.Q. pain has greatly increased over the past several months...I just weighed myself and found that I've lost 10 pounds over the same time.
In order to get through the day, I must walk a tightrope of faith. The Lord has cautioned me several times that I'll stand by faith or I won't stand at all. "Looking down" here is unbelief. I need to keep looking straight ahead.
At times like this, I get out my bible, my Jacob's Well binder, and peer intently into His supernatural word. He did not bring me out this far to let me fail. Giants in the land? Sure. But He that is in us is a giant slayer. I can do all things that I need to do, because He gives me the strength to do them.
"I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done."
He has made some promises to me that haven't happened yet.
One thing that I've learned about Him is that when He says He'll do something, it will happen.
If necessary, He will move heaven and earth to do it.
Give God the glory! - Timely video! Thanks.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's timing is superb! I do so hate those times when He seems distant. I wonder if He pulls back sometimes to test and grow our faith. Will we continue to reach out to Him no matter what, or toss in that ole towel!
Sometimes those thoughts can sneak in and grab hold. But then..."where would we go?" :)
I want to send this to one of my brothers. Again, good share.
xo
Our faith will be tested and tried by fire...Paul says to rejoice in our trials and tribulations because it works patience in us....i presume patience that God is working it out for our good but in His timing. I have heard it said many times don't ever give up on what God has promised you because your breakthrouh is just around the corner.
I liked what this pastor shared about Florence Chadwick....she threw in the towel and quit and got in the boat and discovered she was only a half mile away from reaching the shore and setting a new world record.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True grit is a precious personal quality today, and getting more rare by the decade it seems.
Yes it is...it is easier to quit than to persevere....I believe the reason for many is they don't have anyone around to encourage them to keep going. So much negativity in the world.
I just did myself a "friendship" cleansing....I removed the toxic people in my life that inwardly want me to fail. That would keep me on their level ..if I succeed in my goals then they get left behind or they are confronted with guilt for not persevering in their own life.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

Rita root canals are fun, they only use 2" drill bit lol. No there no to bad I have had a few. Worse part is tje time in the chair but the procedure is not bad just a little deeper feeling :)

Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita root canals are fun, they only use 2" drill bit lol. No there no to bad I have had a few. Worse part is tje time in the chair but the procedure is not bad just a little deeper feeling :)
Lol, it’s not to the root canal I fear, have had a few myself. It’s too complicated to explain, but the Lord has really spoken to me about things today, and also the pain has been under control. It’s about walking through things WITH him, it’s about being patient x
When I was little we were often asked by the dentist if we wanted the fast drill or slow drill ( long before they had injections !!! ) Ouch ! Rita

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is...it is easier to quit than to persevere....I believe the reason for many is they don't have anyone around to encourage them to keep going. So much negativity in the world.
I just did myself a "friendship" cleansing....I removed the toxic people in my life that inwardly want me to fail. That would keep me on their level ..if I succeed in my goals then they get left behind or they are confronted with guilt for not persevering in their own life.
H2S: I've never been a quitter when the odds seemed slim or bleak. For the important things in life of course. I remember when I was nearing 40 years of age and my marriage was becoming a burden and it seemed it was going to be lost during those many months. I struggled and overcame these trials on both a spiritual and mental level as they are so intertwined. I turned to God really at the start of it all, and there was no evidence of support until months later when I was being repaired along with my wife. The grit that was at work within me was also shared/felt with my Lord. He carried me over the finish line. I still remember the lowest days and when the sun eventually came out again. I knew I needed fixing even years before. I just did not know it would come in this form of testing and trials that encompassed my entire being. A life changer that took grit built upon the foundation of faith and perseverance held up in the firm hands of my Lord Yahshua/Jesus.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S: I've never been a quitter when the odds seemed slim or bleak. For the important things in life of course. I remember when I was nearing 40 years of age and my marriage was becoming a burden and it seemed it was going to be lost during those many months. I struggled and overcame these trials on both a spiritual and mental level as they are so intertwined. I turned to God really at the start of it all, and there was no evidence of support until months later when I was being repaired along with my wife. The grit that was at work within me was also shared/felt with my Lord. He carried me over the finish line. I still remember the lowest days and when the sun eventually came out again. I knew I needed fixing even years before. I just did not know it would come in this form of testing and trials that encompassed my entire being. A life changer that took grit built upon the foundation of faith and perseverance held up in the firm hands of my Lord Yahshua/Jesus.
What a beautiful testimony! This is what should happen in every Christian's life but unfortunately too many give up.
I love how you shared about the Lord sharing your pain with you....carrying it/you to the finish line.
God Bless you brother!

Reactions: Helen and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a beautiful testimony! This is what should happen in every Christian's life but unfortunately too many give up.
I love how you shared about the Lord sharing your pain with you....carrying it/you to the finish line.
God Bless you brother!
Thank you sister. You are a real encouragement in my walk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
Hoping your tooth issue is being alleviated, Rita...