Son in law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please HELP me pray for my SIL. He is so lazy, I doubt he would get up from his phone or games to put his own pant leg out of it were on fire. (41 y.o.)

He was laid off @ his job the day after "New Year's". Has done nothing.... No garbage, dishes left where ever he sits them after use, does not empty dish washer nor clean up behind himself @ all.

Thankfully he goes to new job on Monday. Needs motivation to be a responsible man.
( husband 4 my daughter ). I have been dog sitting her canines.

Thank you !

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please HELP me pray for my SIL. He is so lazy, I doubt he would get up from his phone or games to put his own pant leg out of it were on fire. (41 y.o.)

My dad was a workaholic and wanted me to be like him, I hadn't got a job to go to when I left school so he used to knock my door at the crack of dawn yelling "Get out of bed and look for a job, they're crying out for people at the glue factory", but I just thought "Oh stick it" and turned over and went back to sleep because it wasn't my calling..:)

• Wow
Reactions: Keturah

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He was laid off @ his job the day after "New Year's". Has done nothing.... No garbage, dishes left where ever he sits them after use, does not empty dish washer nor clean up behind himself @ all.

Thankfully he goes to new job on Monday. Needs motivation to be a responsible man.

Thank you !
Sadly this sounds like the norm now. I worry for my grandchildren. The older ones are so disconnected and checked out from doing anything, even struggling to have a conversation with you. They talk while on their devices and later have no idea what was said. Not long ago I worked with a young lady…she was very bright. The whole shift though she keep talking as she half-way did her job. I thought she was talking to herself. Later that night I responded as if she was talking to me. She explained she was on Snapchat. This was the whole day where she was at work …but not really AT work. It is sad. Point is you SIL is what is becoming the norm I think, seeing it also over here everywhere. I’m guilty too with my device. It makes you wonder how you ever lived or functioned before without it. I’m scared how it is going to affect those like your grandson who sit countless hours a day not moving their bodies to exercise their hearts or anything else. Then not being able to work. I do get your reference to he wouldn’t even pull his leg out if it were on fire. I believe you! Will be praying for your SIL with also praying for the youth coming up now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you !
Praying!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm 74 and one of my life philosophies has always been "Never tell people what to do, and don't let them tell you what to do" and it works fine..:)
PS- Hey Keturah maybe you should have posted about your son-in-law in one of the main forums so people could give you useful comments etc.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doesn't the Bible say, when you don't work, you shall not eat?
I started working when I was 15 years old and I still work (part time) at 77.
Whats wrong with people?
Yes prayer will work but a kick in the ass does wonders too.
Turn off WIFI, that does do wonders!!!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't the Bible say, when you don't work, you shall not eat?
I started working when I was 15 years old and I still work (part time) at 77.
Whats wrong with people?
Yes prayer will work but a kick in the ass does wonders too.
Turn off WIFI, that does do wonders!!!

Monks don't work but nodody'd dream of hammering on their monastery door yelling "Get a job you lazy gits"..:)

• Haha

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm 74 and one of my life philosophies has always been "Never tell people what to do, and don't let them tell you what to do" and it works fine..:)
PS- Hey Keturah maybe you should have posted about your son-in-law in one of the main forums so people could give you useful comments etc.
Lol.
Yeah, maybe.
It's shameful. My daughter works 10 hr days,comes home and continues working til
bed x.
I can't grasp these younger folks. His mom said he was so lazy growing up they restricted everything out of his br except his mattress on the floor......he didn't care.
His mom & dad are Not like him neither are his sisters.

When my folks said go.....you said where, ect.ect.If this country last how in the world will it be? Scary to think about.

When I go somewhere, my phone stays home. I don't eat nor sleep with it !

I'm praying for his soul as well to be in love with Jesus...double whammy...lazy & lost!

Thank you all.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My parents were happy after bullying me into getting an awful job in a chemical factory even though the fumes were half-killing me.
I was a shy 16-year-old and looking back it's a wonder I didn't commit suicide with depression.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like this has been going on forever, and is a pattern for him. He may not even know he is upsetting so many people. The changes have to be done slowly, and I hope that no one is yelling at him for this because this is what he has done all along and has gotten away with it.
Let's not go with lazy and lost.--he got a job, and so he can eat. Has anyone sat him down and LOVINGLY talked to him? Tell him a few positives about himself (I know, I know) but at least he went out and looked for a new job. You could say That's great, and then talk a bit , and then bring up somehow that your daughter might need a little help at home, and maybe a suggestion. It's worth a try.

Look at him the same way Christ would,. What do you think Jesus would say to him?
I know he frustrates you . I can hear the anger in your voice when you posted "lazy and lost." Please give it a try. Sometimes we are the answer to the prayer that we ask for.

• Love

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds to me that he may suffer depression. I will pray for him. Perhaps a doctor should check him out. Depression can cause a lack of interest in things and cause lack of motivation. If that's the case then the last thing you want to do is be hard on him, it will just make the problem worse. Positivity and encouragement is key and perhaps a doctors care with counseling.

Reactions: Keturah and Nancy

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like this has been going on forever, and is a pattern for him. He may not even know he is upsetting so many people. The changes have to be done slowly, and I hope that no one is yelling at him for this because this is what he has done all along and has gotten away with it.
Let's not go with lazy and lost.--he got a job, and so he can eat. Has anyone sat him down and LOVINGLY talked to him? Tell him a few positives about himself (I know, I know) but at least he went out and looked for a new job. You could say That's great, and then talk a bit , and then bring up somehow that your daughter might need a little help at home, and maybe a suggestion. It's worth a try.

Look at him the same way Christ would,. What do you think Jesus would say to him?
I know he frustrates you . I can hear the anger in your voice when you posted "lazy and lost." Please give it a try. Sometimes we are the answer to the prayer that we ask for.

Thank you for your wisdom.
Simplicity is always best. Look @ the simplicity of finding the Saviour.
Thanks again Cassandra.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you again. I re-read your post.

Sad thing is there is really not going out and getting jobs anymore for most anybody......it's all gone internet, a friend recommended him. If I had to apply now, I'd have to starve to death ( lol, wonder how many days that would take as I consider a healthy stocky short woman )!

If the Lord leads me and it will have to be him, I would NEVER EVER hurt my only child that way, then I will speak.
You are right, I WAS VERY ANGRY, to the point it was draining my joy.

I asked my SIL for forgiveness this morning...he said " you ain't never done nothing to me." I told him that even though  HE didn't know it I had murdered him in my heart.

Continue praying please and thank you for I know even nothing may have to be said for God can work through our " effectual fervent prayers" that can avail much.

Reactions: Nancy