Son of Israel and the Son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just fyi
Israel

yis-raw-ale'

From H8280 and H410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: - Israel.

Hos_11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Mat_2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Just a note about Israel, it is another name for Jesus, just a symbolic name for Jacob. So the children of God are the children of Israel and the land of Israel is the land of God.

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Land of Israel is the whole Earth, or what of outside of the OT lands ?

When Jesus came the whole world was his anyway and Satan claimed that he would give it to him, if only he would do his bidding, when the Devil tried to tempt him with this dribble, Jesus pointed out that the Devil is only just a titch, and Jesus said be gone, that was the end for the Devil as he had been exposed for who he truly is.
Now we should take heed to who that bastard that the Devil truly only is, don't give him an inch or he will take a mile.

Reactions: 101G

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the whole "world" was Jesus'?
best of luck with that one too imo
maybe the whole earth?
Just fyi
Israel

yis-raw-ale'

From H8280 and H410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: - Israel.

Hos_11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Mat_2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Just a note about Israel, it is another name for Jesus, just a symbolic name for Jacob. So the children of God are the children of Israel and the land of Israel is the land of God.
kinda weird in other passages Yah loved Egypt, huh? Or maybe it was the Egyptians, come to think of it

ntmy, mark here.
we already have someone with that ezack avatar, if you care

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just a note about Israel, it is another name for Jesus, just a symbolic name for Jacob
ive heard this before, recently, but was unable to verify it then, and cant now; got any support here? ty

a search of "Israel another name for Jesus" did turn up this,
"Yeshua

The name Yeshua is also used in Israelite Hebrew historical texts to refer to other Joshuas recorded in Greek texts such as Jesus ben Ananias and Jesus ben Sira."

and the assertion is made on one site on page one, preterist something, so obv Cult of Sol, but no support that i can see? it certainly makes sense, but how is it supported? ty

Reactions: r1xlx

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name Yeshua is also used in Israelite Hebrew historical texts to refer to other Joshuas recorded in Greek texts such as Jesus ben Ananias and Jesus ben Sira."
and also to "salvation".

PICJAG.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just fyi
Israel

yis-raw-ale'

that is an excellent point, thing is Isaac is the representation of Christ. Isaac is the beloved son who was offered by the father and Jacob whom God called Israel represents the Holy Spirit of whom we are born of starting with the twelve.

that is how through Abraham Isaac and Jacob is God's work described in which its also important to understand that the accurate reference to what God is being talked about in the bible or Israel is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Father Son and Holy Spirit.

through Abraham Isaac and Jacob does God see the children of Israel.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to be a little confused. Only those who have been born again are children of God. And the earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof.
Zephaniah 1 clearly shows the Jews are doomed to destruction.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zephaniah 1 clearly shows the Jews are doomed to destruction.
One would have to be carful with such a statement, I would say that it's all who reject Jesus as the Christ are doomed.
One could point out that many Jews ? have come to Jesus.
The word Jew or Jews is just such a vague reference, that can go around in circles and get no where nowadays.

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jews hate Jesus and hate the real GOD Yahweh as they worship Satan's imaginary god Moloch.
Moloch is the bullheaded god like the golden calf. JWs put subliminal images of bulls in their literature to show they too worship Moloch.
Acts 7:41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.
42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?
43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
This old Jew-Canaanite calls GOD Yahweh a liar.
Video shows the Canaanites barbecuing meat on a new altar in Jerusalem 10 December 2018 despite YAHWEH saying He hates the stink of burning meat.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
missed this monday i guess, sorry. Not quite sure what you are referring to?
example, Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
"my Salvation"

H3444 יְשׁוּעָה yshuw`ah (yesh-oo'-aw) n-f.
1. something saved.
2. (abstractly) the act or instance of saving or rescuing a soul.
3. (hence) protective aid, victory, prosperity.
4. custodial salvation (that is, in the protective, custodial care of another).
5. (specially) custodial Salvation through the Anointed-One, Yeshua.
[feminine passive participle of H3467]
KJV: deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
example, Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
"my Salvation"
ah well that is all about Yah, not Jesus? Just like It says?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well that is all about Yah, not Jesus?
Nope, it's about God who is Jesus the ONE and the ONLY God.

did you not see the definition?

the "LORD" all caps is JESUS, Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him".

the LORD is JESUS. so, YEA, it's all about JESUS.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nope, it's about God who is Jesus the ONE and the ONLY God.

did you not see the definition?

the "LORD" all caps is JESUS, Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him".

the LORD is JESUS. so, YEA, it's all about JESUS.

PICJAG.
ok, ty. I mean dont get me wrong maybe you believe that, but there is only one immortal, and imo Yah alone is worthy of worship, pretty sure Jesus would think you were off too wadr. My guess is that you hope to become immortal and go to heaven after you have died? to which i say best of luck ok, and you can even pretend that is Christianity if you like i guess

Bc "salvation" is used of Yah in the OT that automatically makes Yah Jesus?
so, do any sects of your religion practice virgin worship, bac?
do any of them practice fertility rites in spring, around the time of Passover?

Last edited:
Reactions: DNB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, ty. I mean dont get me wrong maybe you believe that, but there is only one immortal, and imo Yah alone is worthy of worship, pretty sure Jesus would think you were off too wadr. My guess is that you hope to become immortal and go to heaven after you have died? to which i say best of luck ok, and you can even pretend that is Christianity if you like i guess

First thanks for the reply, I agree that here is only ONE immortal who is everlasting and that's the Lord Jesus, which is not my opinion, but God's himself that is a fact, scripture,,
1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen".

that's scripture, and it's very clear as to who is the only one who has immortality. case closed for me.
no, it is JESUS, listen, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". ok, now who came ans "SAVEED" us?
NO
NO.

BUT we do believe and teach that God, diversified himself and came, meaning manifested in flesh. do you believe that? ... :D

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
no, it is JESUS, listen, Isaiah
Whom "Lord" is becomes pretty clear there in a Lexicon in about one minute bro. If the many, many other vv that make it plain do not. No, it is prolly not Jesus, from His own lips, why do you call me good?
Now i understnd you are not, cannot even read and respond to this in a normal human conversational manner, so this is for our posterity, ok? not for you iow

really? No prayers to virgins or icons of them or anything, in any of our sects?

are you sure? No iterations of Ishtar, no egg decorating, no bunny rabbits hopping about?

BUT we do
practice denial? Speak in facts, just like satan does? confuse Mithraism for Christianity? i wish you the best, ok

Reactions: DNB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom "Lord" is becomes pretty clear there in a Lexicon in about one minute bro. If the many, many other vv that make it plain do not. No, it is prolly not Jesus, from His own lips, why do you call me good?
Now i understnd you are not, cannot even read and respond to this in a normal human conversational manner, so this is for our posterity, ok? not for you iow

really? No prayers to virgins or icons of them or anything, in any of our sects?

are you sure? No iterations of Ishtar, no egg decorating, no bunny rabbits hopping about?

practice denial? Speak in facts, just like satan does? confuse Mithraism for Christianity? i wish you the best, ok
so the scriptures are confusing to you?....... :eek:

our brother James said this, James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways".
hasta la vista ..... :cool:

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so the scriptures are confusing to you?....... :eek:
quite frequently, yes
our brother James said this, James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways".
hasta la vista ..... :cool:

PICJAG.
ok, ty, have a nice day

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just fyi
Israel

yis-raw-ale'

You're being quite simple with your exegesis. After one has read through the entirety of the Bible, we get to appreciate the different literary forms that are used throughout. We start to understand that the Authors correlate passages not in a literal sense, often. Principles are related throughout, but not with an identical historical account.
How foolish to call Israel Jesus, from such a disparate correlation. Both Israel & Jesus were God's son, as were Moses, David and Elijah. All the Patriarchs came out of Egypt, and all went there due to famine, Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Only Jesus went there for a different reason, refugee.
The NT Author is in a general sense, using typology to relate the two events, not literalism, ...which is extremely bad exegesis.
Paul, when talking about missionaries, referenced Moses' command 'don't muzzle an ox when treading the corn'. Does that mean all evangels are oxen, ...and the proselytes corn?

Last edited: