Son Of Man.....prophesy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
As Ezekiel the prophet was called by our Father "son of man," we, as His elect, are also a son of man. As he was instructed to "prophesy and say unto them, 'thus saith the Lord God;" so are we to teach the Word of our Lord, not that of man. There is work for us to accomplish for His work is finished.....

John 17:4 I have glorified Thee on the earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.

19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.​

Ezekiel spoke the words of the Lord and he is our example of what we are to do. The Lord carried him (and us) into the valley full of bones (the valley of the shadow of death)? These dry bones are the "whole house of Israel," and they are instructed to "hear the word of the LORD." Ezekiel prophesied as he was commanded and the bones came together. The house of Israel came together but "there was no breath in them." They live but are not spiritually alive.

The valley of bones, the house of Israel is the church today. They/we love the Lord but do we hear (with understanding) the words of the Lord? Do we have the breath of life? Our Father offers us the Holy Spirit, the breath of life that gives us eternal life and brings us out of our graves. [Ez.37:1-14]

Presently Israel (all twelve tribes) are split into two factions...the house of Judah and the house of Israel. God instructed Ezekiel to join them....

Ezekiel 37:16-17 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.​

How are they to be joined? The house of Israel are today's Christians and the house of Judah are Jews. They won't be joined by belief in Christ. Perhaps it is a political joining for we have a decided connection, a brotherly, protective, union. But...it is written that "they shall become one in thine hand." Then we read that they/we become one in His hand...

37:18-19 And when the children of thy People shall speak unto thee, saying, 'Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?' Say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; 'Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in Mine hand.' '

37:28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.' ' "​

This is future, during the millennium, for it is a time of peace [37:26]. We are one in His hand when "one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more all all." [37:22] We shall be one in His hand.