Sooo love this....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago [1980's] when my immediate family [4 of us] were the only white family [all white as men see us] belonging to an all black church, we loved our time there. To this day, my son [now age 47] still speaks of that time with great favor. His words on it are that that was the only time he is certainly that we were really in the will of God. We only left because my job transferred me.
Give God the glory! It was a glorious time indeed!

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Many years ago [1980's] when my immediate family [4 of us] were the only white family [all white as men see us] belonging to an all black church, we loved our time there. To this day, my son [now age 47] still speaks of that time with great favor. His words on it are that that was the only time he is certainly that we were really in the will of God. We only left because my job transferred me.
Give God the glory! It was a glorious time indeed!
The church where I am now is amazingly mixed. People from Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mauritius, Australia, Philipines, New Zealand, Polynesia, all colours, all races. Such a vibrant community and all bringing different cultural perspectives and beauty to worship and fellowship. Oh, and the pastor is Russian.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church where I am now is amazingly mixed. People from Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mauritius, Australia, Philipines, New Zealand, Polynesia, all colours, all races. Such a vibrant community and all bringing different cultural perspectives and beauty to worship and fellowship. Oh, and the pastor is Russian.

Бог благословляет его! God Bless him,,,your pastor that is...he has a handful...:D

B

brakelite

BTW, if you may not be aware this was recorded at an SDA camp meeting in Cape Town SA. The language in Xhosa, and here are the lyrics in English.
O for that flame of living fire
Which shone so bright in saints of old;
Which bade their souls to heaven aspire,
Calm in distress, in danger bold!

Where is that spirit, Lord, which dwelt
In Abram’s breast, and sealed him Thine?
Which made Paul’s heart with sorrow melt,
And glow with energy divine?

That spirit which from age to age
Proclaimed Thy love, and taught Thy ways?
Brightened Isaiah’s vivid page,
And breathed in David’s hallowed lays?

Is not Thy grace as mighty now
As when Elijah felt its power?
When glory beamed from Moses’ brow,
Or Job endured the trying hour?

Remember, Lord, the ancient days;
Renew Thy work, Thy grace restore;
And while to Thee our hearts we raise,
On us Thy Holy Spirit pour.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if they are all one, or are in the process of becoming one with Him, where can they go wrong! Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, if you may not be aware this was recorded at an SDA camp meeting in Cape Town SA. The language in Xhosa, and here are the lyrics in English.
O for that flame of living fire
Which shone so bright in saints of old;
Which bade their souls to heaven aspire,
Calm in distress, in danger bold!

Where is that spirit, Lord, which dwelt
In Abram’s breast, and sealed him Thine?
Which made Paul’s heart with sorrow melt,
And glow with energy divine?

That spirit which from age to age
Proclaimed Thy love, and taught Thy ways?
Brightened Isaiah’s vivid page,
And breathed in David’s hallowed lays?

Is not Thy grace as mighty now
As when Elijah felt its power?
When glory beamed from Moses’ brow,
Or Job endured the trying hour?

Remember, Lord, the ancient days;
Renew Thy work, Thy grace restore;
And while to Thee our hearts we raise,
On us Thy Holy Spirit pour.
The Holy Spirit is the connecting link among us all, or should be!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They sure did. No lights, smoke and distractions...pure worship.
Lights and flash aren't the problem. Distraction is... Bottom line is you should be able to praise thw Lord accopela or with a band.
My church lost power one Sunday... Didn't impede us at all... It was actually more fun.

Reactions: brakelite and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lights and flash aren't the problem. Distraction is... Bottom line is you should be able to praise thw Lord accopela or with a band.
My church lost power one Sunday... Didn't impede us at all... It was actually more fun.

Yes, very true. At the one Church I keep my eyes closed as the lights are blinding sometimes. I do like allot of the songs...ah, maybe I am just an old soul, lol....in a really young body :D
Would love for our group to do A Capella.

Reactions: brakelite and FHII