Spiders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep me in prayer. I off and on have these dreams/visions of a spider. I saw one last night while awake and rebuked it in Jesus name. It went away. But I was reading this article and it had me encouraged that perhaps maybe it isn't demonic, but positive food for thought.

Wisdom of the Spider - Proverbs 30:28

Keep me in prayer anyhow. My dreams have been quiet lately, as far as what I consider meaningless dreams, which is good. I am praying in the Spirit and exercising authority, so I have a lot more confidence. Have a good night...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Keep me in prayer. I off and on have these dreams/visions of a spider. I saw one last night while awake and rebuked it in Jesus name. It went away. But I was reading this article and it had me encouraged that perhaps maybe it isn't demonic, but positive food for thought.

Keep me in prayer anyhow. My dreams have been quiet lately, as far as what I consider meaningless dreams, which is good. I am praying in the Spirit and exercising authority, so I have a lot more confidence. Have a good night...
My wife doesn't like spiders.

Good to be able lead one's thoughts back to Scripture, right?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mayflower, I would dream about a spider every night. The same spider. which if the spider was real, it was the biggest spider I’ve ever seen. I would see it when I asleep and awake. I would get up and move furniture where I saw it hide last and couldn’t find it. It would sit on the foot of the bed, climb curtains, sometimes bore into the floor as if the floor was sand and disappear in to it. It went on for a long time. At the time my children were about the age of your baby girl so, yes, it freaked me out every night as it got to the point I considered maybe it was real. Then someone I told about the spider said “well... kill it.” I did and it never came back. Never found it squashed, but it has been many, many years and no more spider dreams.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The spider represents your fears. This is what the enemy uses. Exercising The Power and Authority in us, as Sons and Daughters, drives the enemy away as shown you by the spider leaving. Praying in The Spirit out loud, also puts the enemy to flight. And they wonder why there is a doctrine saying the gifts have ceased. Be Blessed and may your confidence continue to grow!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower, I would dream about a spider every night. The same spider. which if the spider was real, it was the biggest spider I’ve ever seen. I would see it when I asleep and awake. I would get up and move furniture where I saw it hide last and couldn’t find it. It would sit on the foot of the bed, climb curtains, sometimes bore into the floor as if the floor was sand and disappear in to it. It went on for a long time. At the time my children were about the age of your baby girl so, yes, it freaked me out every night as it got to the point I considered maybe it was real. Then someone I told about the spider said “well... kill it.” I did and it never came back. Never found it squashed, but it has been many, many years and no more spider dreams.

I believe this is the same one. The first time I saw it, it was by my bedside in the corner ceiling. It was probably the size of a great Dane and stretched across the wall. This last time it was the size of probably an orb weaver spider with web. This one I wasnt sure was real or not until I decided to just rebuke it first and it went away. I wish that would happen with real spiders!!! But I do feel a lot less anxious now! I think that "fear" spider has to do with being in children's ministry now. I dealt with so much anxiety and depression in my life, it just seems so surreal where I am now. I just got to trust God that it doesnt matter what happens working here. While I am here, I will serve Him wholeheartedly and try not to focus on my screwups too much. Or doubt my abilities...because I am weak, but the Holy Spirit is strong in me. And I want to be His faithful servant. Plus, I love these kids.

Ive also had a few dreams with spiders in them too though. Id try to squish it and it was fast and got away from me back in its web. At this time it was on the sink and a very small spider.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spider represents your fears. This is what the enemy uses. Exercising The Power and Authority in us, as Sons and Daughters, drives the enemy away as shown you by the spider leaving. Praying in The Spirit out loud, also puts the enemy to flight. And they wonder why there is a doctrine saying the gifts have ceased. Be Blessed and may your confidence continue to grow!

Yes, I agree with you. And thank you. Confidence in God is what I need to grow in. All about faith for sure

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Question: Are you killing physical spiders in your house? If so, maybe getting rid of them in other ways might help.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Are you killing physical spiders in your house? If so, maybe getting rid of them in other ways might help.

No, I hardly see spiders in the house. We live upstairs, so this is a plus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife doesn't like spiders.

Good to be able lead one's thoughts back to Scripture, right?
Spiders don't like me... or maybe they do because nearly every year I get bitten by them, but they never touch my wife. Hmmm?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiders don't like me... or maybe they do because nearly every year I get bitten by them, but they never touch my wife. Hmmm?

Bugs dont touch my husband either. I think it is the type of skin. My husband's is real rough. We went to the park today though and there were hundreds of little spiders. I believe some eggs hatched. Everyone was killing them. Then there were tons of Lady bugs which were pretty, just never saw so many in one place.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bugs dont touch my husband either. I think it is the type of skin. My husband's is real rough. We went to the park today though and there were hundreds of little spiders. I believe some eggs hatched. Everyone was killing them. Then there were tons of Lady bugs which were pretty, just never saw so many in one place.
Yes, I am certain it vary according to the skin [smell or texture or some such something]. I almost always get bitten at home. Only my wife and I live here. I get them. She does not.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some ppl are really into lady bugs... :)

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dislike spiders because the webs they leave around the house. I have that kind of skin that insects leave alone. I don't know what it is. My skin is rather thick and leathery.

I will keep you in prayer. Nightmares are no fun. From time to time I have unpleasant dreams too.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ppl are really into lady bugs... :)
I always loved them. When I was living in California they were always around. When I found them in the house I made a real effort to get them back outside without hurting them.