Spiritual Armor Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No time till this evening, but wanted to bookmark this to start a study. It is really good. Please pray for me and the staff at the Christian daycare/preschool I work at. I bring both kids, working more hours, and we have some new children also with special needs. Thank ya'll. :)

40 Armor of God Scriptures to Pray Over Yourself (with Scripture Reading Plan) -

35-scriptures-to-pray-over-yourself-pin2.png A-prayer-for-strength-pin-.png

@Pearl
@Addy
@Heart2Soul
@amadeus
@Nancy
@amadeus
@truthquest
@TLHKAJ
@Marvelloustime
@amigo de christo
@Cachalot
@Wynona

Anyone welcome. Anything in the topic would be awesome. Just not much time right now.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought for the moment. Sitting in the quiet nap area. :)

"So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?” Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.
John 8:31‭-‬36 NASB1995

I highlighted verse 31 also, because I see a condition here to continue in the Word of God. When we know the Word and abide in it, we gain more revelation of the Word of God as His disciples. The Truth of the Word of God sets us free. Grateful that Jesus Christ set us free and that we can be His son's and daughters. Bible verse of the day was Romans 6:23. I am so grateful for salvation and for the belt of truth (all armor of God) This site above gave a good prayer for truth. I want this to be my prayer for myself and others as I look on these verses each day this week:

Lord, I pray that you gird me with your truth today. The enemy is the father of lies, and he will try to lead me away from your truth. Help me to meditate on your truth that sets me free!

In Jesus Name, Amen.

(Ephesians 6:10; Ephesians 6: 14)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No time till this evening, but wanted to bookmark this to start a study. It is really good. Please pray for me and the staff at the Christian daycare/preschool I work at. I bring both kids, working more hours, and we have some new children also with special needs. Thank ya'll. :)

40 Armor of God Scriptures to Pray Over Yourself (with Scripture Reading Plan) -

View attachment 15771 View attachment 15772

@Pearl
@Addy
@Heart2Soul
@amadeus
@Nancy
@amadeus
@truthquest
@TLHKAJ
@Marvelloustime
@amigo de christo
@Cachalot
@Wynona

Anyone welcome. Anything in the topic would be awesome. Just not much time right now.
This is what I have preached for years. Ephesians 6:10-18 was my signature profile at one time when my avatar was a warrior.
Daily the enemy seeks who he may destroy but we have the armor of God and it protects us and gives us the victory over the enemies attacks!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I have preached for years. Ephesians 6:10-18 was my signature profile at one time when my avatar was a warrior.
Daily the enemy seeks who he may destroy but we have the armor of God and it protects us and gives us the victory over the enemies attacks!

I really wish I can see the siggies on my phone!!! The topic keeps being brought up by different people, so thought it would be good to to dig into again. I'll have a bit more time this weekend. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So please contribute whatever is on your heart. I am not much a preacher, but learn and encourage by open discussion and things I glean from different passages.

Jesus talks about the Word being seed, and the soil being our hearts. The Word is Truth. I like how it is the belt of Truth, because a belt goes around us. Our entire body. We need to be covered in it/know it. And it is helpful to speak the right Truths and promises in the right seasons. What did Jesus do? He spoke the Word to defeat Satan and temptation in the forty days he was in the wilderness. We are sheep though. Sheeps are dumb. Lol!!! We need to stay in the Word, the seed, the Truth, so we know it. And we need to speak the Truth and believe it, because then we are wearing it for battle. Life and death are in the power of the tongue according to God's Word. We need to speak life and choose life.

I'll have to add addresses later. I'm typing with my thumb and patting a sleeping little man. :) But this is what was on my heart tonight in meditating on the Belt of Truth.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this elsewhere in a couple places. I love this song and just goes so well with the topic.

Reactions: Ziggy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One good tip I learned with speaking life and Truth, is to take about ten minutes in the morning and find three scriptures each for different topics and pray them out loud over your life.

Like for strength to pray Philippians 4:13. "Lord God, thank You that Your Word says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am calling this to my rememberance in order to stand on this promise that You will give me the strength in order to handle anything that comes my way today."

My pastor spoke on this recently and I really want to start doing this. I know the Word, I really do. But to KNOW the Word is hearing it. It is applying it. This is what the spiritual armor is about. It is about using truth, peace, faith, and righteousness by the power of Holy Spirit and our saving grace to defeat temptations, anxieties, depression, and spiritual forces of darkness. And I sort of feel like the biggest hypocrite right now speaking this, because I've been so lazy. I do speak Word a lot on the forums and love the Word. But as far as using it in the time/seasons I need to, it is almost as if my mind is cluttered and I get distracted with so many things. I want to be confident in the Word so whenever I do walk in darkness, I can be confident I won't break apart, because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I'm farther along then I was and grateful for my new church. Not that my old church wasn't teaching these things, but it clicks more here. These charismatic churches are on fire for Christ and the Word! It is catching. Just like amigo de Christo. That excitement and passion is CATCHING. It is so simple to just jump up and praise the Lord, but how often with the darkness do we? I know I have a lot to say and more like writing what is on my mind, but I'm excited about the belt of Truth tonight and how there is power in the Word of God- His Truth.

Just tonight I was getting anxious again. It isn't that subjects should be avoided if there is something important about it. It is learning to pray about it, take it a bit at a time, and using the Gos-PILL. Problem, anxiety. Remedy? Meditating on anxiety verses. Speaking them out loud. Personifying it. Lord God, let me be not anxious for anything, thank You for listening to my prayers. I claim the peace of mind that surpasses all understanding to guard my heart and mind being in Christ Jesus.

Truth heals. Truth saves. Truth delivers. Do you believe this?

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of God does heal us spiritually. Regardless of your fleshly sense of feeling lazy, your heart is right there in the truth of God and desires to have relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Who we are as believers (child of God ; Identity of being Gods; disciple of Christ) is where our heart is at, loving God first and foremost is the only way to have the ability to love other people in this life; instead of having the sin of judgement, and sin of condemnation of others in the heart it is that of having faith and love that is now in your heart being set free in the truth of God, at least to me anyway is the most important.

Faith love for God and love for others no matter who they are or what they have done ; sets us free.

I just made a video about the truth of the flesh it is about 12 minutes long and am going to upload it to the bible study forum part and I talk without using a bible. People can judge and listen to what they hear, but in the video is a part where I say do not believe me; check the word of God against what is being said against what is being said to see if it is true or not.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of God does heal us spiritually. Regardless of your fleshly sense of feeling lazy, your heart is right there in the truth of God and desires to have relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Who we are as believers (child of God ; Identity of being Gods; disciple of Christ) is where our heart is at, loving God first and foremost is the only way to have the ability to love other people in this life; instead of having the sin of judgement, and sin of condemnation of others in the heart it is that of having faith and love that is now in your heart being set free in the truth of God, at least to me anyway is the most important.

Faith love for God and love for others no matter who they are or what they have done ; sets us free.

I just made a video about the truth of the flesh it is about 12 minutes long and am going to upload it to the bible study forum part and I talk without using a bible. People can judge and listen to what they hear, but in the video is a part where I say do not believe me; check the word of God against what is being said against what is being said to see if it is true or not.

It is why it is important to get the Truth from the head to the heart. I had not seen this scripture like this until recently, but it is one I've had memorized a long time.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your HEART, lean not on your own UNDERSTANDING; In all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He shall direct your paths.

Understanding comes from the mind/the soul. God's Word says to trust in the Lord with all our heart/our spirit. And that He (who is the Word) will direct our paths. The Word cannot direct our paths very well when it remains in the meat head.

Repetition causes revelation. So when we read scripture/write it/live it, then it gets into our Spirits to automatically activate when situations rise up.

I'll have to listen to the video!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are most certainly right about that mayflower. The truth of God sets us free; and the holy spirit comes in our lives and changes us from with-in being born again with a new spiritual nature that allows us to walk in newness of life in reliance in leaning on and trusting God. That includes praying, reading the word of God, having fellowship with others, and ultimately loving God which leads to being directed to love others regardless of who they are; without dipping into having judgement and grudges and fighting with others.

When first becoming a Christian as a babe in Christ I still judged and condemned others however that was my fleshly side doing that and the spiritual side had yet really grown at the point in life. The spirit grows like a seed in the grown; until it become fully grown and mature.

Here is some scripture I would share with you mayflower:

Romans 8:6-11 -
6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

What are you or anyone elses thoughts on this? Please feel free to share with us here by posting: I understand that this for of communication is very limited in the scope of not hearing others and their stories and their struggles in life but hopefully it is encouraging.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are most certainly right about that mayflower. The truth of God sets us free; and the holy spirit comes in our lives and changes us from with-in being born again with a new spiritual nature that allows us to walk in newness of life in reliance in leaning on and trusting God. That includes praying, reading the word of God, having fellowship with others, and ultimately loving God which leads to being directed to love others regardless of who they are; without dipping into having judgement and grudges and fighting with others.

When first becoming a Christian as a babe in Christ I still judged and condemned others however that was my fleshly side doing that and the spiritual side had yet really grown at the point in life. The spirit grows like a seed in the grown; until it become fully grown and mature.

Here is some scripture I would share with you mayflower:

Romans 8:6-11 -
6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

What are you or anyone elses thoughts on this? Please feel free to share with us here by posting: I understand that this for of communication is very limited in the scope of not hearing others and their stories and their struggles in life but hopefully it is encouraging.

For Romans 8:6-11, I would say it is great as a believer. We have Holy Spirit, our spirit is reborn, and we can have regenerated minds. So temptation comes along, it becomes three against one. But a regenerated mind is important, because "the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace." A renewed mind in truth, as right now this piece of armor is the belt of truth, is vital in spiritual battle.

It is important to guard the heart, because out of it flow the springs of life according to Proverbs. So what a believer takes in is important.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 15771 View attachment 15772

@Pearl
@Addy
@Heart2Soul
@amadeus
@Nancy
@amadeus
@truthquest
@TLHKAJ
@Marvelloustime
@amigo de christo
@Cachalot
@Wynona

Thank you Mayflower,
I have to leave for a few hours but, will check this out this afternoon. Looks like we could ALL use to brush up on these scriptures knowing what is coming at us. Thanks for sharing :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is why it is important to get the Truth from the head to the heart. I had not seen this scripture like this until recently, but it is one I've had memorized a long time.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your HEART, lean not on your own UNDERSTANDING; In all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He shall direct your paths.

Understanding comes from the mind/the soul. God's Word says to trust in the Lord with all our heart/our spirit. And that He (who is the Word) will direct our paths. The Word cannot direct our paths very well when it remains in the meat head.

Repetition causes revelation. So when we read scripture/write it/live it, then it gets into our Spirits to automatically activate when situations rise up.

I'll have to listen to the video!
Yes...and I was always real good at helping Him co-manage my life.
I was always praying and asking God for this or that and then go out in the world and try to make it happen on my own.
It's been 5 years now since I totally surrendered my life to Him....I am finally allowing Him to manage my life without my constant input on how to do it.
I must say it is a very peaceful and restful place to be in life. No worries because I know who is in charge.
:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to spiritual warfare/weapons....
Regarding the flesh....it is controlled by the central nervous system.....it has no ability to comprehend it's own complexity. The 2 functions it has is to act and react.
The thing that makes the flesh so weak is the sensory functions....smell, taste, touch, audio, and sight.
It can only perceive pain or pleasure...
So therefore it is the lust of the flesh that is always warring against our spirit....it seeks constant gratification of its created sense.
Who wants to smell a skunk all day and night....peeyiuuu
But a nice cologne or the smell of a fresh cut watermelon....definitely.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second belt of truth scripture to pray today:

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Psalms 25:5 NLT

Amen.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to spiritual warfare/weapons....
Regarding the flesh....it is controlled by the central nervous system.....it has no ability to comprehend it's own complexity. The 2 functions it has is to act and react.
The thing that makes the flesh so weak is the sensory functions....smell, taste, touch, audio, and sight.
It can only perceive pain or pleasure...
So therefore it is the lust of the flesh that is always warring against our spirit....it seeks constant gratification of its created sense.
Who wants to smell a skunk all day and night....peeyiuuu
But a nice cologne or the smell of a fresh cut watermelon....definitely.

Wow never thought of it like that before.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow never thought of it like that before.
I know, it really puts things in perspective regarding what Paul said in Roman's about the flesh.
Romans 7 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁷ Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
¹⁸ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
¹⁹ For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
²⁰ Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
²¹ I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
²² For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
²³ But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
²⁴ O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
²⁵ I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Where Paul is calling it a law in his members (flesh) warring against the law of his mind (soul) can also be considered fleshly desires vs moral conscience.