Spiritual/demonic oppression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
One night as I sat reading Hebrews, verses 4-6 of chapter 6 grabbed my attention. I had been married three times with all three of my ex-husbands living. I knew I had sinned and committed adultry big time, but God have forgiven me of the sins. As I read the verses, the message I got from them was that I was not forgiven. I had once had the Holy Sprit and left the church when I left my first husband. I read and reread the verses and they said I was dammed, that I was not saved and had no chance of heaven. I cried and tried to pray but I couldn't. I could not sleep that night and went to Sunday School with a feeling that I was wasting my time. I sat listening during my class as the others read verses. We happen to be in Romans chapter 8. when my time came to read, I read verse 26. I suddenly felt so good and all I could do was cry, because the verse said that when I couldn't pray, the Holy Sprit made intercession to God for me. I reread Hebrews 6: 4-6 and it didn't read the same as the night before! I knew Satan had tried to convince me I wasn't saved. I have never shouted before, but I felt like it, I was filled so full. It was one of the most wonderful blessings I have ever recieved.
Now I simple say ,"Satan, be gone in the name of Jesus Christ ." And he has to leave me alone.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
One night as I sat reading Hebrews, verses 4-6 of chapter 6 grabbed my attention. I had been married three times with all three of my ex-husbands living. I knew I had sinned and committed adultry big time, but God have forgiven me of the sins. As I read the verses, the message I got from them was that I was not forgiven. I had once had the Holy Sprit and left the church when I left my first husband. I read and reread the verses and they said I was dammed, that I was not saved and had no chance of heaven. I cried and tried to pray but I couldn't. I could not sleep that night and went to Sunday School with a feeling that I was wasting my time. I sat listening during my class as the others read verses. We happen to be in Romans chapter 8. when my time came to read, I read verse 26. I suddenly felt so good and all I could do was cry, because the verse said that when I couldn't pray, the Holy Sprit made intercession to God for me. I reread Hebrews 6: 4-6 and it didn't read the same as the night before! I knew Satan had tried to convince me I wasn't saved. I have never shouted before, but I felt like it, I was filled so full. It was one of the most wonderful blessings I have ever recieved.
Now I simple say ,"Satan, be gone in the name of Jesus Christ ." And he has to leave me alone.

Hallelujah!
satan's mind trick is legendary. From my earlier days after being saved, I was taught not to read the Bible alone because sometimes a word may have two meanings. I was asked to join a Bible study class preferably being lead by one who has had a longer walk with Jesus.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

Studying the words of God we must be vigilant and constantly pray for His wisdom. When you feel condemned (but not convicted) when reading the scriptures it is from the devil. When fear is incited while reading the scriptures you're dealing with an attack!

Roman 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ""Abba," Father."

In Jesus name there is POWER!

Let me sidetrack a bit:

Not trying to be dramatic but most of his attacks are strongest around 3 after midnight and also when our guards are down during the most vulnerable period of sleep (rapid eye movements -REM sleep). If you ever dig into spiritual warfare books with authors who have had experiences with demons, they would open your eyes in a whole new world of the spiritual realm. Anyway as I was saying when you are awoken with sweat and in fear, It doesn't have to be a bad dream but you're just consumed in total fear without a reason, it is likely that a demonic assault has been launched against you. It happens to me every now and then. After all these years my natural reflex even when half asleep I would shout out " In the name of Jesus I rebuke and bind you". Amazingly it works faster than a tranquilizer shot.

Ephesians 6:12 [background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.[/background]

For Christians who think that Satan will leave you alone as long as you don't mention his name or provoke him then you are dead wrong! The closer you are with God the more minions he will sent at you because your pure existence is a threat to his kingdom. He knows you are not only messengers of God but elite soldiers with deadly weapons.

KJV Luke 10:19
19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

What Weapons and power? Check out Ephesians 10:6-18 Some you already possess and some you have to learn how to use them. But that is another topic.

Hmmm. There is a sister in Christ here that has a gift of discernment in the spiritual world. She said she has been in the healing and delivery ministry for over 20 years. Read some of her threads and it was a real eye popping experience for me. She always end her sharing with " Shalom". I wish I could see her more in here. :(

Blessings!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Lahoma,
You are so right. Satan has pitched his tent on my front porch! My minister says that Satan isn't after sinners as he already has them, but he wants to get every Christian he can get. If Satan isn't plaguing us, then we aren't where we need to be with God. I must be a saint, because he has pestered me daily for the past ten years! I did notice that the closer I get to God, the more Satan tries to get in my door.

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
I would rather call it opposition instead of oppression. The shield of faith overcomes both oppression and opposition before it gets to us. Remember everything can fall apart around you and yet you still have joy. Paul did this when in prison. He and Silas rejoiced in prison and got set free. So we see that praise and rejoice which releases faith is a part of that shield of faith. By the way joy is the fruit of God---Holy Spirit--our joy depends on circumstances.

Abraham was told by Yahweh --the Lord is thy shield. Gen. 15:1. The shield is really the word of God.
We must learn by faith to trust God's protection promises. Think about this for a moment---the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, that says it all in a package.

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
Just stating that I am thankful to God be all the glory for surrounding me with Holy clean angels. Demons are fallen angels and they are never able to overcome God's angels. The reason is they are backed up with God's power. Only good can overcome evil. evil is second place if we continue to learn God's wisdom and power in overcoming the evil ones.

I like Heb. 12:22 angels that are good are innumerable. Proud demons manifest through people but are of no avail, Jesus said the gates of hell will not prevail. our house is on the rock and not sinking sand. The mouth of a fool boasts great things but no great things are accomplished by a fool. The heart of all desire to find love, if they can not be loved they love themselves. All things work together for good for the saints of God. The devil is wind in our sails to keep mus running towards God and not forget all his past mercies. Ps. 77: speaks of David confessing though he is weak he will remember that God has come through for him in the past.

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
Oppression is when a spirit has a open door in your life. The scripture, for this purpose was the son of God manifest, to destroy the works of the evil one. It is there that one must focus---will give a example.

Say you were a smoker. The spirit of nicotene is in you to drive you to smoke. it feeds on that. Your part is you want to quit. Now you go through oppression if you can't resist. If you can resist then you are not oppressed but you must be set free. Now in my case was smoking 3 packs a day. I took a step of faith and crushed a brand new pack. Haven't even had a desire to puff for 45 years. deliverance comes through a act of faith. Even if it is deliverance. Come out of me in Jesus name. That name when used in genuine faith will deliver from any spirit.

ypur right we must confess we are under the blood daily.

The #1 book if you need one, is angels of light by Dr. Hobart E, Freeman, faith ministries and publications.

The difference between books and bible is books bring modern day understanding to what the bible already teaches. It is rare to find deliverence ministries. some are false and there aren't many. I have learned that I don't want anyone iwho is false laying hands on me and putting a spirit in while claiming they are taking one out. Jesus should be enough for us, he is in us by his Spirit , we must be in fellowship with him. How can a loving Jesus let us down when we cry to him for help.---we just believe.

Occult Spirits are powerful and they must be like hijackers in a computer. They are best dealt with while fasting. Spirits cannot harm us because we are in deliverance as a act of righteousness, with right motives, to be like Jesus in our lives through regeneration of the Holy Spirit.