Spiritual Wrangling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given the story of Adam or Noah, all man was under God at various point of time. Nothing new happens under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9-11) Given this understanding, where did paganism come from? The answers to that may be complex, but it may be most easily broke down to "God is God you cannot control. Pagans made gods to control something."

The Hebrews were slaves in Egypt who were people of promise. God had made a covenant with Abraham. God kept his promises. He sent Moses to the Hebrews, and God and Moses lead the people out of Egypt. The Hebrew people are camped out next to Mt Sinai, and Moses goes away for 40 days and 40 nights to consult with God. When Moses came back, he found that there was a Golden Calf, and that the people were attributing things God had done to a false idol. That is where paganism came from. Either a group of people made a false image to attribute things God did to, or a man believed he was a god.

Is there evidence of this through various spiritual beliefs systems and mythologies? There is.

• How does a belief system view "The Will?" The Will like Nietzsche? Nietzsche was into the occult, and The Will is a major theme that has tended to lead to a form of Gnosticism. Someone who was willful may be like rebellious child who was like Harry Potter, and does what he wants. Given the Lord is your Shepherd, you shall not WANT. Someone serving God is a servant of God or a Bond Servant of Christ.
  • Satan has been a liar with a Paintbrush. There may have been various spiritual entities and themes painted into different mythologies. In how many mythologies may someone have found "A Trickster?" In working to understand The Spiritual, there may have been a Trickster demon? I found myself writing "Satan is a liar with a Paintbrush," working for God, all over the internet. Last year, in the videogame DOTA2, I found a representation of exactly what I had been describing with an Eastern Mysticism demon figure with a paintbrush. Link: Grimstroke.
  • Part of Spiritual Warfare has been a war of words or a war of thoughts. (2 Corinthians 10:5) Sometimes, by mockers, Christians have been called vampires for Communion. Getting into understanding God, and various spiritual entities, and that certain entities have like to try to mock God, the hard Truth was that Jesus may have been painting over ugly things that pagans had been doing. Drinking blood and cannibalism were parts of some pagan cultures and rituals. Jesus painted over this, in some way, so in people's minds, they could come to God.

The Temple of Jerusalem was destroyed thirty years after Jesus' death and resurrection. Many of those stones ended up in The Colosseum in Rome. There was a practice of drinking gladiators blood and eating gladiator's liver. Article: Gladiator’s blood as a cure for epilepsy

• Dr. Jordan Peterson has talked a lot about the false god Marduk. Marduk, and various things he was said to do, have had parallels in Christianity. Marduk was said to speak magic words. That may be similar to Talmudic Jews believing names of God had power. It may be similar to The Christian Concept of The Power of the Tongue. Link: "Power of the Tongue."

• I am Manonfire63. I started working for God in February 2014. I was received ears to hear and eyes to see. I created a Twitter Page where I tweeted Youtube Music videos with a few words in order to draw attention to the lyrics, and the Bible, and what the lyrics or visuals may have meant. Prophetically, I just seemed to be hitting everything through God's Holy Spirit. The Holy Ghost is unquenchable Fire.

One of the biggest Counter Cultural events of the year in the US has been the Burning Man Concert. Burning Man is actually a Pagan Celtic festival and the ritual of Burning Man involved Human Sacrifice. News Article:Man dies at Burning Man arts and music festival after running into flamesThe
Given someone was receiving some sort of cause and effect with the Spiritual, they may have been doing specific things. Not anythings. Specific things. Jesus Christ is The Stone Rejected By The Builders. (Psalms 118:22)(Luke 20:9-19)(Acts 4:11) Jesus Christ is the Light and the Truth of the World.

Last edited:

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is The Suffering Servant. (Isaiah 53)

Love is a two way street. A man should bear his cross in meekness and humility. Also, God is Awesome. A man's Body is a Temple. The Spirit of God dwells inside a man. Are you a servant of God? You should be awesome too?

Song: Poor Twisted Me.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Warfare has been a war of words or a war of thoughts. The Lord is a Shepherd. A Priest, Pastor, or head of a Church may have also been like a Shepherd. A Shepherd may have had a Staff leading to Good things and Joy and God's Kingdom. He may have had a Rod of Misery. That may have been some inspiring Fear of God.

Could God be a Cowboy? A more prophetic person, at times, could potentially be a Cowboy showing people God, and doing some spiritual cattle wrangling?

renderTimingPixel.png

The Book of Enoch

The Book of Enoch is Apocrypha. I personally submit to standard Church doctrine on that. I have found that it is incomplete. The Book of Enoch does work with the Bible in certain places. This is Bible study.

Cyrus

Cyrus the Great is mentioned in The Bible 22 times. He is prophesied in Isaiah 45. The Hebrew people felt pretty good about him in The Bible.

Cyrus the Great had 10,000 Immortals. 10,000 Immortals like in The Book of Enoch.

And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of ⌈His⌉ holy ones To execute judgement upon all, And to destroy ⌈all⌉ the ungodly: (Enoch 1:9)

Enoch is mentioned in the Book of Jude.

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones

Nothing new happens under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9-19)

Cowboys

Another part of the Book of Enoch I found profound is where he starts to compare men like Cattle or to animals. The Lord is a Shepherd. (Psalms 23) A Priest has a flock. Are you in The Fold?

Given men are cattle, then we have Cowboys instead of shepherds, and a whole different understanding and perspective of life.

I have some songs I found to celebrate your new understanding.

Sing unto The Lord a New Song. (Isaiah 42:10)

Last edited: