Split from: "What Did Jesus Actually Accomplish On The Cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liquid Psalm

Jul 6, 2014
Excellent question!
Unfortunately, the accomplishment is largely obscured save for those who use their discernment and obey the scriptures that commands us to test all things and hold to that which is good or true.
Cultists, in composing what became known as the closed canon, i.e. the last and only time God shall speak to humanity, insured the message withered in the shadow of the majority of letters, or epistles, that were written by a Pharisee Roman, who was an agent of Satan himself. We know this because all of Paul's letters, because he is just Paul, he is not a true apostle since the church at Ephasis, the one church charged with testing those who professed themselves as apostles, found him to not be qualified of the title. And Jesus in Revelation 2 reminded us of that when he spoke to John.

Paul''s letters commanded the churches he created in his image and likeness. "Follow me....as I follow Christ." The Christ he never knew. The Christ that warned his actual Disciples about Paul's coming after he ascended to the father. If anyone come to them and claim here is Jesus, there is Jesus, Jesus is in the Desert go see, do not believe them.

Paul gives himself away in his own letters. He says Satan can quote scripture. And he says that even the Devil can appear as an angel of light. That light he met on the road to Damascus. Where Saul was once again going to preside over the execution of a Christian. There are two accounts in scripture that relate that meeting on the road. And they're both different.
So which is it?

When Jesus said anyone who tells you they have met me, or there is Jesus, after I've ascended to the father, do not believe them. But we do. Because 3/4ths of the new testament is written by a man Jesus condemned. So we wonder, how is it there are demons on earth plaguing people today? We ask, what did Jesus accomplish on the cross?
We dare not think of it. Else we'd have no need to ask the questions. Because we're being led astray by a false teacher who contradicted Jesus teachings, never speaks in concert with Jesus' words when the master was alive and traveling among the Jews delivering his ministry in person. And instead manages his own churches and commands people to obey his rules and insight about God, Christ, and salvation.

Think of what Paul and the Roman's who, through the convening of councils over the years, have arrived at in creating the Greek language new testament. What they've told you you are to be, when Jesus said ye are Gods. And God said he has created each and every one of us in his image and likeness.

You're suppose to turn the other cheek when you're hit. If that one that hit you wants to take your life, you're not to fight to save it.
If you're robbed, you're to give that robber something more.
And you're suppose to love them for it.
You're suppose to be obedient to your masters, and to those put in authority over you, because God set them there.
You're suppose to not want any material possessions, any monetary security, and you're suppose to love that. Because of the promise that as you languish in the gutter, once you're dead you'll have everything you were suppose to deny yourself while able to enjoy it in the flesh.

And prior to coming into the flesh, by God's will, you were found guilty of being human. Because you were born into sin. But if Jesus took the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross, how could sin remain in the world?
Unless Jesus failed. And 1 Timothy 4:10, is therefore a lie.

We were forewarned when we were told satan travels the earth as a hungry lion looking for souls to devour.
When Jesus forewarned us, and the early scribes allowed that warning to remain in scripture so the astute could be warned and disregard the texts in majority that would create a Pauline community and therefore repeal Jesus' mission, Jesus knows it all. And now he watches to see who of his true flock follow him where he promised he shall ever be found.

Inside those who hold faith in him and him alone.
The kingdom of God, for Jesus was God, is within.

Everyone in this forum who ascribes to the epistles of the Pharisee Saul are a Pauline. Not a Christian.
Do the research, read and learn, pray, meditate as Jesus did, and find the truth.

Narrow is the gate.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Sounds like the progressive new world view of Christianity? Meaning; We can't or don't want to comply with the bible, so lets just omit the parts we don't like, which is most of the new testament.

If Paul had just said "follow me", I might agree, but he said "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). Paul never claimed to be Jesus, so the warnings from Christ don't apply to Paul. Nor did Paul ever physically meet Jesus. And Paul never contradicted anything Jesus taught, jmo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If we start to question the validity of Paul's writings, we would then begin questioning the rest of the N/T. Many people have followed this path of reasoning and are no-longer followers of Jesus. :unsure: Ask yourself...did Paul ever go against the teachings of Jesus... was he a false teacher as Liquid Psalms is proclaiming here? I think not!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
The canon we use today has been through a ton of scrutiny, only the Catholics and later the protestants accept some of the apocrypha in their texts and only as resource for understanding Jewish traditions and history. The rest is Scripture. This process was by non means whimsical entire councils had to agree before text was accepted as scripture, even bias agendas had nothing to do with the construction of the Bible as most agendas were minority groups and easily flushed out for what they were. The councils consisted of scholared believers who had extensive and at times unparalleled experience and understanding of Biblical themes. Too often modern day back yard theologians carelessly characterize and demonize early church fathers as underhanded agenda chasing thugs.

Also Paul's traveling companion Luke who the Paul haters seem to pass off as a type of yes man to Paul, wrote Both the book of Luke and Acts for a man name Theophilus where he as a physician and melancholic fact finder gathered meticulously testimony from eyewitness backed up by other eyewitnesses, he combed through all the writings of the day (which there were literally hundreds of gospels) and studied them extensively along with other accounts that backed those up including testimony from Jesus' family members and disciples, the list goes on. Luke's writings are the most detailed and accurate found in scripture.

as an example, It copied this from a study Im doing now
[SIZE=12pt]Unique Parables in Luke[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Cancellation of 2 men's debts (7:41-43)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The Good Samaritan (10:30-37)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The friend wanting bread at midnight (11:5-8)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The rich fool (12:13-21)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The attentive servants (12:35-38)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The good and bad servants (12:41-48)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The Fig Tree's last chance (13:6-9)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The best seats at the wedding (14:7-11)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Guests decline attendance to banquet (14:16-24)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The incomplete tower (14:28-30)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Planning for war (14:31-32)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The lost coin (15:8-10)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The lost (prodigal) son (15:11-32)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The unjust steward (16:1-13)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The rich man and Lazarus (16:19-31)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Servants doing their duty (17:7-10)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The unrighteous judge (18:1-8)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Pharisee and tax-collector (18:9-14)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Servants using their gifts and rebellion (19:11-27)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Unique Miracles in Luke[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The catch of fish (5:1-11)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Raising the widow's son at Nain (7:11-17)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Healing the crippled woman (13:10-17)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Healing a man with dropsy (14:1-6)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Healing the 10 lepers (17:11-19)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Healing the ear of one of the men arresting Jesus (22:49-51)[/SIZE]

To suggest that Luke's accounts of Pauls story had been somehow tainted by the dumbing down of a personal relationship with Paul is nothing short of ludicrous and incredibly short sighted.
Luke would know that after all the work he had already complied and put under his name, to somehow deviate and except something that goes contrary to what he has discovered to be true would demolish all his work and undermine his convictions through the Holy Spirit and the gospel of Jesus Christ. It would have been nothing for Luke to have parted ways with Paul and scrub Pauls story from his writings under such circumstances. Having in the possess received the gospel truth himself and the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit which became the main theme of his Book Acts. Any slight against Paul is a slight against Luke and therefore destructive to the integrity of the entire NT text as eyewitness, historical, biographical and factual.

Liquid Psalm

Jul 6, 2014
Dan57 said:
Sounds like the progressive new world view of Christianity? Meaning; We can't or don't want to comply with the bible, so lets just omit the parts we don't like, which is most of the new testament.

If Paul had just said "follow me", I might agree, but he said "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). Paul never claimed to be Jesus, so the warnings from Christ don't apply to Paul. Nor did Paul ever physically meet Jesus. And Paul never contradicted anything Jesus taught, jmo
Paul's own words have him admitting he is dispensing his own doctrine. "The Way". [SIZE=10pt]Acts 19:9- 23[/SIZE]
And he admitted he lied when he brought his doctrine as a self professed Apostle. Then defended it claiming what would it matter since he brought God forth even more so via that method.

Romans 3:7For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

And Jesus saves! Not Paul.

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 to them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Where in scripture did Jesus say that after he departed back to the father he would send others to deliver revelation?

But this is what Jesus did say while here in his earthly ministry:Matthew 24:23
23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

And after Jesus ascension, after he annointed his Disciples that he chose to deliver the good news, we have the fulfillment of that warning: Acts 9:1-6Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

Did Jesus lie in Matthew?

Angelina said:
If we start to question the validity of Paul's writings, we would then begin questioning the rest of the N/T. Many people have followed this path of reasoning and are no-longer followers of Jesus. :unsure: Ask yourself...did Paul ever go against the teachings of Jesus... was he a false teacher as Liquid Psalms is proclaiming here? I think not!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Liquid Psalm said:
Paul's own words have him admitting he is dispensing his own doctrine. "The Way". [SIZE=10pt]Acts 19:9- 23[/SIZE]
And he admitted he lied when he brought his doctrine as a self professed Apostle. Then defended it claiming what would it matter since he brought God forth even more so via that method.
Romans 3:7For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

And Jesus saves! Not Paul.
1 Corinthians 9:19-22
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 to them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Where in scripture did Jesus say that after he departed back to the father he would send others to deliver revelation?

But this is what Jesus did say while here in his earthly ministry:Matthew 24:23
23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

And after Jesus ascension, after he annointed his Disciples that he chose to deliver the good news, we have the fulfillment of that warning: Acts 9:1-6Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

Did Jesus lie in Matthew?
Liquid Psalm you may want to try reading those scriptures in their right context.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Ok no problem, maybe you can help me understand then :)
Can you show me where exactly in Acts 19:9-23 Paul is admitting he is dispensing his own doctrine. please.

Liquid Psalm

Jul 6, 2014
Madad21 said:
Ok no problem, maybe you can help me understand then :)
Can you show me where exactly in Acts 19:9-23 Paul is admitting he is dispensing his own doctrine. please.
Did you read the scripture?
Jesus never called his teachings by a name. "The Way", is what Paul taught.

And as to the miracles that Paul claims in that scripture that prove his appointment, what did Jesus say? Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Now, your turn.
Show me the scripture in the Gospels wherein Jesus himself said that he would give new revelations to someone after his resurrection and ascension into Heaven.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Liquid Psalm said:
Did you read the scripture?
Jesus never called his teachings by a name. "The Way", is what Paul taught.
Thanks for getting back to me

Everything is given a name, otherwise what would you call it, The pagans at Antioch called the apostles "Christians" first (Acts 11:26; 26:28)

The phrase "The way" comes from John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"The way" refers to Christ, because nobody comes to the Father except through Christ, so Christ is "The Way"

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Liquid Psalm said:
Thanks Psalm for the link was very interesting.
Im just wondering how you got along with my answer to your statement about "The Way" in our conversation, any thoughts?

Im sorry for the abrupt ending to my last post I had come to the end of a long nightshit and the guy who replace's me had arrived, so I thank you for your patience with me.

And as to the miracles that Paul claims in that scripture that prove his appointment, what did Jesus say? Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Ok lets look at the Scripture your referring too, Re: Paul's Miracles
bear in mind Luke is writing this account, this is not the writings of Paul, if you except the first book of Luke and the Spirit through Christ in which he wrote it, then it is certain that his second book called Acts will be of the same standard worked through by the same Holy Spirit that inspired the first, if you cant except Acts as an unbiased account then just as you refute the legitimacy of Luke's second work you cannot either have any credibility by quoting it as Scriptural evidence toward your argument by the same token.

With that in mind lets progress

Acts 19:11-16 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul,
12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.
13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.”
14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this.
15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?”
16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

Firstly we see Luke enforcing that it is God working miracles through Paul, then we see Paul driving out evil spirits, then we see others trying to do it and failing.

Now you say that Paul is a false Christ and false prophet and a deceiver citing Matt 24:24

Now when the other Jews tried casting out the demon they said "Jesus who Paul preaches" whereby you might say 'That means the Jesus that Paul preaches not the real Jesus' However if we go back to Acts 9:20 we get a very clear picture of which Jesus it is that Paul preaches, it says "And immediately he proclaimed Jesus in the synagogues, saying, “He is the Son of God.This Jesus Luke is referring to is the same Jesus Luke wrote about in his first book to Thophulus. It is made clear that Pauls Jesus is the same Jesus of the gospels.

The next thing we notice is Paul is casting out evil spirits, but if he was a deceiver and false prophet would he be able to do such a thing?
What was Jesus' answer to the Pharisees when they tried to accuse him of casting out devils in the name of the devil?
Matthew 12:22-28
[SIZE=11pt]Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So here we have Paul not claiming to be Christ, but preaching Christ and we see him [/SIZE]successfully[SIZE=11pt] casting out demons unlike his Jewish counterparts who fail by trying to cast out demons in [/SIZE]Paul's[SIZE=11pt] name as well as Christs, when they would have had better hope converting and using only Christs name. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]And the fact these Jewish [/SIZE]exorcists[SIZE=11pt] even tried to do it Pauls way suggests that their [/SIZE]original[SIZE=11pt] method [/SIZE]wasn't[SIZE=11pt] working. otherwise why try? (if it aint broke)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Paul shows them the power and authority which resides in the name of Christ[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Which is then [/SIZE]reinforced[SIZE=11pt] by the text in their reaction to what had happened. You will notice the magnification of Jesus' name not Pauls.[/SIZE]

Acts 19:17-20
Then fear fell on all of them, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. And many who had become believers came confessing and disclosing their practices, while many of those who had practiced magic collected their books and burned them in front of everyone. So they calculated their value and found it to be 50,000 pieces of silver. In this way the Lord’s message flourished and prevailed.

Show me the scripture in the Gospels wherein Jesus himself said that he would give new revelations to someone after his resurrection and ascension into Heaven.
Your trying to use a straw man argument to support your claims, there is a lot in the gospels Jesus doesn't say and making a prophetic claim about the coming of Paul would have been unnecessary to the gospel message and out of place, during the time of Paul's conversion there is more than enough evidence to his election, beginning with his witnessing of Stephens death, Paul didn't just pop up out of the woodwork. Pauls story is very crucial to the gospel message as a life completely turn around as many will relate, whereas before we had the likes of Judas who is treacherous and betrays Jesus and in the events of Christs ministry many turning away because of all they had to loose by following. Paul is a man who lost everything, he was a Pharisee in very high regard among the order he had everything, money and power, but the impact of meeting Christ just that one time was enough to turn him completely on his head, he endured persecution not only outside the church but inside as well because of his past, but still he pressed on.
Just as many of us Psalm can see ourselves in Peter, many of us can identify also with Paul. Peter had nothing and gained everything, Paul had everything and gave it up for what so many in the world would perceive as nothing. this is not the mark of a deceiver or false prophet by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope I have answered your questions thanks again for your patience with me
Blessings :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You can imagine how fervent Paul must have been, believing he was doing God's work in destroying the infidels, very much like those who believe in "Allah" today. He would have felt greatly justified having thousands killed for the sake of the traditions and beliefs of his Father's.

They did not recognize nor believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

Then suddenly you find the man confronted by Jesus himself on the road to Damascus.

Please consider this very carefully regardless of what the scholars and teachers have said. What does common sense teach you? :huh:

If the "road to Damascus experience" were not true, why would he change is whole world view to follow Jesus. If it were not true, why did he stop persecuting believer's? If what he experienced on the road was of the devil, why would the devil tell him this?

Acts 26
13 at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. 14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

...and here we have the whole crux of the matter ~ the "gospel message" which many of us believe to this very day~

continued...
19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. 21 For these reasons the Jews seized me in the temple and tried to kill me. 22 Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come 23 that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Liquid Psalm said:
Madad answered most of this, but in regard to Romans 3:7, I believe your taking one verse out of context to validate a point.. In verse 7 Paul is quoting a hypothetical argument that someone might use in order to justify lying: having quoted this argument he then refutes it. This sets the context of Paul's rhetorical question in verse 7, where he hypothetically uses himself in the first person. Paul refutes the argument from others that doing bad, (i.e. lying) is okay if it advances the kingdom. In this particular case, the niv is clearer;
"Someone might argue, “If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?”Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!" (Romans 3:7-8 NIV)

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Angelina said:
you're not butting in Madad21...anyone can post here :huh:

Shalom!!!
I know I know mum just being polite.... :p
Loved your extension on the topic, wow what a remarkable life he led!!, this study was actually quite a blessing on my week, thanks for sharing it with me. :lol:

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Thanks.

Just going back over Acts 19. and one verse here jumps out at me (V15) "One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” Comparison with Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name

Contrasts / comparisons Acts 19:11-20 (with = contrast or comparison with)
· Gods miracles through Paul / with Jews who went around driving out evil spirits
· Jews who went around driving out evil spirits / with Jesus whom Paul preaches
· Jews who went around driving out evil spirits / with One day the evil spirit answered them
· One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” (see Acts 9:15)
· God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, / with Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest
· the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all / with Pauls ability to drive them out.
· Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest ran out of the house naked and bleeding / with the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor
· When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas / with In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power. (50000 drac was a ton of money, the Jews being awe struck by the cost of the loss given testament to the power of the Lord?)
· , “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” / with the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor
· value of the scrolls/ with the word of the Lord
· Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits / with Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.
· Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits / with A number who had practiced sorcery

Theres a lot more here, this list could go on, the contrast between Christs Authority, Paul, Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest really puts in to perspective Pauls calling and his workings magnifying that authoritative power over the sorcery the OP was originally trying to convict Paul of, this really turns that entire argument of Paul as anything other than a tool in Gods hand on its head. :)