Sports thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I havent found a sports thread on here so im starting one.
Tonite the NFL announced the 22-23 schedule. Im gonna take my mom to her first game this season, hopefully. Im looking at the dolphins vs ravens game. Gotta figure out the best seats for her. She’s gonna love it.

Reactions: shortangel

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She'll love it!

My employer scored tickets to the Dolphins - Steelers playoff game back in '84, so the Sweet Lady and I went down to Miami with a bunch of guys from work. Dan Marino, the Marks Brothers, Killer B's defense. They played in the Orange Bowl back then, and that stadium had a unique character. It was located in an old Cuban neighborhood, and the tailgate parties I'm told were fantastic. We sat in front of some Steelers' fan wearing a beer bong hat who kept asking my wife, "You want a beer, little lady?" His voice got louder and more slurred as the game went on, until a couple of 'Fins fans took offense, a fight ensued, and we got to see the Miami-Dade cops in action, up close. The Fish won (they went to the Super Bowl that year, the only one Marino went to in his entire career), and the bus broke down on I-95 in Opalocka on the way home. A memorable trip. :D

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my vendors rented a corporate suite for a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game and invited my team and significant others. Filet Mignon, multiple appetizers, and an open bar. Oh, and there was a hockey game too, though seats behind the goals aren't the best. The 'Canes won, and asked my wife how she liked it and would she want to attend another one in the future? She said she'd love to go again - as long as we could get the luxury suite.

Where's Truman? He's a 'Leafs fan.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My husband is a football/soccer fan and I used to go to games with him when we first met but I hated it - and still do.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My boss had season tickets to the Miami Heat back in the early years. He had some other obligations one night, so my stepson and I went down to Miami. Back then, they played in an Arena that the city built in Overtown in an attempt to rehabilitate an economically depressed neighborhood after the riots in the early '80s nearly burned it down. I've never been to a third-world country, but I imagine it would look like this, barbed wire, crack addicts and amputees begging at the arena gates, well-armed security guards everywhere... The Heat were awful back then and lost big. The back-up to get on I-95 after the game was horrible, so my stepson suggested we cut through the neighborhood streets to Route 1. Scary neighborhood - burned-out buildings, boarded-up houses, bars on all the windows - but not a soul out on the streets. I was relating this to my co-workers the next day, and one of the Black guys chuckled and said, "Yeah, that neighborhood be so bad, even the brothers don't come out at night!"

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I havent found a sports thread on here so im starting one.
Tonite the NFL announced the 22-23 schedule. Im gonna take my mom to her first game this season, hopefully. Im looking at the dolphins vs ravens game. Gotta figure out the best seats for her. She’s gonna love it.
Wait for the Cardinals to come to town.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FA Cup Final today between Liverpool and Chelsea. Hubby is glued to the TV.

Reactions: Lambano

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sporting event . Imagine me high above on a diving board .
I leap high and do a double somersault twist and dive head first into a lake of lava . I had sooner do that event
than glamour over the things of this world .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got Panthers November 20th and Broncos December 4th. 'Cats should be an easy win for the Ravens. Broncos, we'll see if Russell Wilson still has anything in the tank.

i was looking at the game between ravens vs dolphins sept 18. Thats pretty close to us and its a 1:00 game so she wont be too tired to enjoy the game at that time. Should still be warm enough for her too. I cant believe i gotta root for the fins though. :confused:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother took me to a Seahawks game years ago. It was a fun time with my brother. With my health problems I couldn't do it today. But the memories are great!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the only sports thing i watch every 4 years is the Olympic Games i'm looking forward to seeing the Summer Games in Paris

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tennis
- My favorite sport.
---
Australia Open 2023
Jan.11-28
Not my favorite sport, I'm a kiwi. But I live in Melbourne, and will be watching every days highlights with interest, and the quarters to the finals throughout. Looking forward to it. Just watched the first round of the ATP in Adelaide, between 2 Aussies, Kokkanakis and Popyrin, great game, but Thanasi then lost against the Italian Sinner. Looking forward to the open. Novak got a point to make. Hope he does well. He deserves it.