Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
There are believers who want to indoctrinate you into their harmful theology. This is their mission in life. They feel they are "led of the Spirit" to actually cause harm regarding the Faith of real born again believers.
So, how to recognize them?
How to know who is the liar, and who is the Truth.

Now i have a strong and unrelenting point of view about a certain heresy, because i have seen the damage it causes churches, Christians, and the heretics themselves. This theology is an extreme spiritual poison. Its an infection of the mind and spiritual condition. It literally can make you crazy. Especially if you are a sincere and true believer who above all things wants to please God.

The True Believers, if they are caught up in this hellish circular reasoning theology, become more and more upset and there is NO simple remedy. See, what happens if you get infected by the people who are spreading this spiritual deceit, is that the bible and the devil begin to work together to condemn you to the point where you will begin to obsess on THE idea that you are lost, and hell bound. The bible becomes a punishing enemy as all it seems to do is show you that you are going to hell. Ive seen it. Ive dealt with believers who are caught up in the devil's lie, and TAUGHT IT by other believers. Ive witnessed the mind damage and the broken spirit. These believers, who have been deeply mentally disturbed by the people who mean to do it,....other believers... And because of these poisonous "christians", they can't open a bible and get any Help. Prayer life becomes a guilt trip. They cry and shake and feel sick all the time. Their lives become so disrupted by this screaming mental idea that they have committed the unparsdonable sin, or they have willfully sinned their salvation away. And all they had to do to be destroyed was show up on a "friendly" Christian Forum and read some fool's Thread regarding "losing your salvation" This particular Thread Topic is posted constantly on every Christian Forum that will allow it. And the next thing a sincere believer thinks after reading this spiritual poision is, "what if i did this".... and then the bottom falls out of their lives as the devil begins to work their minds into worry and fear to try to literally destroy them.

FYI. : The Epistle to the Hebrews, is a spiritual bear trap. Its a book that will tie a novice baby Christian in a knot for life. This epistle is so strong, so powerful, that when a novice gets into it, having no sound theology to lean on , no soul anchor of Grace from their Christian beginnnig, no deep understanding of Redemption,.. they will end up for the rest of their life preaching one message. "you can lose your salvation". That is what happens to everyone who get lost in the Epistle to the Hebrews, because they never became grounded in GRACE and "Justification by Faith" theology Truth BEFORE they jumped into this DEEP DEEP Epistle written to the "Hebrews".

Listen Saint, the bible is not a fun filled novel. Its a Spiritual Awakening Experience, written as words in Jesus's Blood.. Understand? And the unclean spirit , Satan, uses the bible to harm you, if he can. And do you think he can't.?
Listen... He was here before Adam. He was looking over Paul's shoulder when Paul was getting his letters out to the Churches. He sent Muslims their Bible. He lifted Jesus up by His power and took him to a high place and showed the Lord of Glory a few things... Satan is alive, just as certain as Jesus is Risen. And he is not playing with you. He wants your LIFE if he can't get your soul, and if he can't get ether because you are born again, then he'll send a heretic's lies into your mind, using a pulpit, a commentary, an online FORUM, a family member, a christian commentary..... that will try to make you believe that the Blood of Jesus is only as good as you trying by "abiding" and "enduring" and "commandment keeping" to try to keep yourself saved.

Now you think about that..... The heretic will continue to try to make you believe that the Blood Atonement is actually YOU keeping yourself saved, OR NOT. That the blood of Jesus is only as good as you are....

There are 2 Gospels that are preached, since the Cross was raised.. One is From the New Testament, and one is from the Devil. The bible preaches that God MADE you righteous and keeps you righteous, HIMSELF, if you will believe in Christ. Philippians 1:6
This is known as being born again. This is God becoming Jesus the Man and taking His very righteousness and giving it to you in place of your sin, and unrighteousness. This is Redemption. The Blood Atonement. "The Gift of Righteousness". "The Gift of Salvation".

The Devil's gospel teaches that your works make you and keep righteous, "enduring" "Abiding", "Obedience" and commandment keeping keeps you saved, and your obedience, you see... is your Cross that you hang on, to save yourself.

God's Gospel, is : "i will save you and keep you saved. ". using the Blood of Jesus.

The devil's gospel, is anything and everything else. And Saint, everything else including the person who is teaching works for salvation...... is Galatians 1:8

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, what happens if you get infected by the people who are spreading this spiritual deceit, is that the bible and the devil begin to work together to condemn you to the point where you will begin to obsess on THE idea that you are lost, and hell bound.

The Holy Spirit does convict of sin, and righteousness, and of judgment. So if a man is hell-bound, the Holy Spirit will show him that through biblical doctrine. However, the Holy Ghost's purpose in doing this is to bring that person to Christ so that they will be hell-bound no longer.

The bible becomes a punishing enemy as all it seems to do is show you that you are going to hell. Ive seen it. Ive dealt with believers who are caught up in the devil's lie, and TAUGHT IT by other believers.

See above.

Ive witnessed the mind damage and the broken spirit.

A broken spirit is not necessarily a bad thing.

Psa 51:17, The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psa 34:18, The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

And all they had to do to be destroyed was show up on a "friendly" Christian Forum and read some fool's Thread regarding "losing your salvation"

There is eternal security for the one who fears the Lord...for the one who fears losing their salvation and therefore stays within the boundaries of salvation that God has set for them.

Jer 32:38, And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
Jer 32:39, And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
Jer 32:40, And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Psa 19:9, The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

It has been said that in looking at John 10:27-30, that no one can snatch you out of God's hand; but you can walk away yourself. The verses above show that if you have the fear of the LORD, you will not even walk away yourself but shall not depart from the LORD because of the fear of the LORD.

Therefore, as long as I fear and stay within certain boundaries, I will find that there is never any reason for terror.

There are 2 Gospels that are preached, since the Cross was raised.. One is From the New Testament, and one is from the Devil. The bible preaches that God MADE you righteous and keeps you righteous, HIMSELF, if you will believe in Christ.

Yes; I teach that God has made us righteous (Romans 5:19) and that this is a free gift (Romans 5:17). However, I also teach that the righteousness given is practical (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is eternal security for the one who fears the Lord..

Eternal Security is for all who are born again.
Jesus is ETERNAL LIFE, so, if you have HIM in you, = THERE is your eternal security.

Also, Fear does not bring redemption, FAITH Brings God's Gift of Salvation.
As a matter of fact the "fearful" are listed as those who will end up in Hell.
"the fearful and the unbelieving".

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Security is for all who are born again.

Those who are born again do fear the LORD.

Also, Fear does not bring redemption, FAITH Brings God's Gift of Salvation.
As a matter of fact the "fearful" are listed as those who will end up in Hell.
"the fearful and the unbelieving".

That is talking about fear of things other than the LORD.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge and is also wisdom (Proverbs 1:7, Job 28:28, Psalms 111:10).

It is not a bad thing. See also 2 Corinthians 5:10-11 (kjv).

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we have all spotted the heretic here.o_O

Pitting the gospel against a simple childlike righteousness is to corrupt both the gospel and righteousness. Peter said that all who fear the Lord and do what is right are accepted by God.

The gospel speaks of a higher walk by grace...but that doesn't take away from the simplest act of obedience to God. Even a cup of cold water....

If you love God you will keep His commandments. If you fear God you will depart from iniquity.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fear no just look up at Him with great Awe. one cannot love that what one fears. There is no fear in faith. Fear is not love and God is love.

But God is not like a hampster or even a human. They who know Him do fear Him. They who have a theoretical ideology ABOUT God are not going to fear a god of their own design. A man can't make a god that he fears...because the master is the creator.

But a person who encounters the living God will indeed tremble in fear. And tremble at His words.

Is. 66:2 For all those things has mine hand made, and all those things have been, says the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at my word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But a person who encounters the living God will indeed tremble in fear. And tremble at His words.
Why, God is love, how can one fear one whom one loves and whom Loves them, God doesnt carry a bog stick looking to beat all those who do not stand up to His requirements, that is what men and there religions do. But as teh bible says

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

God is not like a man.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think we have all spotted the heretic here.o_O

Pitting the gospel against a simple childlike righteousness is to corrupt both the gospel and righteousness. Peter said that all who fear the Lord and do what is right are accepted by God.

The gospel speaks of a higher walk by grace...but that doesn't take away from the simplest act of obedience to God. Even a cup of cold water....

If you love God you will keep His commandments. If you fear God you will depart from iniquity.
Yes the religious though the same of Jesus, even Saul thought he was doing a good thing murdering those Christ followers.

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Love it is so simple.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A right relationship with a father on this earth is one that includes fear; for a good father disciplines and chastens his children.

There is also no lack of love in such a relationship (Proverbs 13:24).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A right relationship with a father on this earth is one that includes fear; for a good father disciplines and chastens his children.

There is also no lack of love in such a relationship (Proverbs 13:24).
And you do not understand God, Like Job put it,

Job_3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you do not understand God, Like Job put it,

Job_3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Does anyone really understand everything that God is?

It is written,

Pro 3:5, Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does anyone really understand everything that God is?

It is written,

Pro 3:5, Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
No but one can get to know God if one is wiling to give Him the time, we all get a bit of the puzzle but leaving your head buried in the bible all you will ever know is the bible. Christianlty has this issue with relationships with God and Christ, its ok to believe the bible but its not ok to learn from them, and so many miss out.

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

All one need do is go to Him to be filled.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As one who has had problems with mental illness, I find that I cannot trust voices of the mind to be the voice of Christ to me so that I can get to know Him; and I believe that my only other option is to get to know Him through His love letter to me.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There are believers who want to indoctrinate you into their harmful theology. This is their mission in life. ...
It seems to me that ANYONE who discounts Scripture is FIRST OF ALL, presumed to be ignorant, -- as we all were and still are to some extent. Secondly, ANYONE who has been INFORMED as to what Scripture demands, and still defies the Written Word -- is a heretic.

Now it's human nature to deny, rationalize, and justify why Scripture doesn't mean what is says, -- so then the church is to distance itself from such people. And unfortunately it seems that some 70 - 80% of Forum participants are in this category, with only a few of these "excused" because of diminished mental capacity either by I.Q., illness, or by age.

And it's not to specifically accuse the person, but rather their doctrine -- although they are intertwined.

Or so it would seem to me! :)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Joseph77

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As one who has had problems with mental illness, I find that I cannot trust voices of the mind to be the voice of Christ to me so that I can get to know Him; and I believe that my only other option is to get to know Him through His love letter to me.
Yes I can imagine what they though of Paul,

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

or Peter

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

I have being told many times by so called "spirit " filled believrrs I must be crazy, but is is them that miss out on the "best" things God has to offer.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth, this is the bottom line:

If you are listening to voices in your head and are not getting your doctrine from the word of God, you are susceptible to demonic deception and may indeed need mental health treatment.

1Ti 4:1, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

If you are going to pay attention to voices in your mind, you need to test those spirits to know whether they are of God (see 1 John 4:1).

And the only way to test them is by whether or not they are in agreement with the word of God, the Bible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are listening to voices in your head and are not getting your doctrine from the word of God, you are susceptible to demonic deception and may indeed need mental health treatment.
And yet here we see a forum filled with people quoting the bible and doping the same things, You are just denying Gods power, you think because you have the bible you have authority but yet you have none.

See you dont believe God .

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Gal_4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.