Start strong with God and abandon the individualism (video)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

speedyj1992

Sep 19, 2017
Silicon Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is REJOICING in heaven for sinners who repent (Luke 15:7) - but God never saved us so we could just continue in sin. And individualism is indeed a sin:

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Wow, he has all those rings and he says that individualism is the worship of self? I disagree with him. You can individually choose to co-operate and be kind towards others but let us be honest, how much can you really “help” another person without at some point disinhibiting them? Collectivism I think often is a faulty concept and understanding as to what group dynamics really is. With individual FREEDOM, you see a lot of possibly selfish behaviours, but that is almost something else altogether. I mean, you could say those people are collectivist in a way, why is it that shallow social climbers who only care about objects of social prestige and materialism are also notoriously conformist?

You see this on all human society’s, not only “individual” ones, collectivism is below in some instances but again it is complicated. Another concept that is more honest I think is the concept of “melting pots” wherein with collectivist society there needs to become homogenous group and thus someone has to decide what is “normal” within that group” but also then weed out any characteristics or traits deemed abnormal to the people in positions of power and that can be pretty extreme.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he says that individualism is the worship of self? I disagree with him.

I also disagree with him. While Christians should hold to the major doctrines of the faith, seek to walk with Jesus, and should show Christian love to others, God did make us as individuals. We each have a different personality and interests. How boring the world would be if we all were exactly the same.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also disagree with him. While Christians should hold to the major doctrines of the faith, seek to walk with Jesus, and should show Christian love to others, God did make us as individuals. We each have a different personality and interests. How boring the world would be if we all were exactly the same.
Just like everything else our God created. His variety is astounding!

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp