Starving people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Friends, i can see poor and hungry people, saying they may die of hunger instead of coronavirus. It really feels sad to hear this and also to see them starving, and suffering. Our prime minister , in his speech said that each family should help 9 other families in this 21 days lockdown

Can you agree and pray, God's love and help , reach these starving people. Let God feed these starving people, during these coronavirus and lockdown situation. Let God have mercy and fill all those empty stomach, and He be glorified.

God bless!

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, i can see poor and hungry people, saying they may die of hunger instead of coronavirus. It really feels sad to hear this and also to see them starving, and suffering. Our prime minister , in his speech said that each family should help 9 other families in this 21 days lockdown

Can you agree and pray, God's love and help , reach these starving people. Let God feed these starving people, during these coronavirus and lockdown situation. Let God have mercy and fill all those empty stomach, and He be glorified.

God bless!
Praying everyday.

PICJAG.

Reactions: My Dreams

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, i can see poor and hungry people, ...

I don't see it. -- With all the social programs including cash assistance, healthcare and medical provisions, food assistance, housing subsidies, energy and utilities subsidies, education and childcare assistance, and subsidies and assistance for other basic services, -- the only "hungry" people I see are the ones who are "hungry" for money to buy drugs and/or alcohol.

And I don't discount those with mental issues, who are probably the only ones who are truly HUNGRY because they can't function in our Social Aid society, -- and they are often unseen.

But the scammers who sit on the street corners with hand written signs are in the first group. -- And don't believe everything you "see".

Bobby Jo

PS Odds are, if you stopped and offered to buy one of these "beggars" a meal (as I often do), they virtually all walk away, -- they only want CASH. And the ones on the street/freeway intersections often rotate in shifts, being dropped off and picked up in passenger vans; and the pregnant girls dropped off and picked up in expensive automobiles. In fact one WELL PAID Rockwell Co. employee changed into worn clothes to "beg" during his lunch hour.
So yeah, feel bad for those who don't work, and SHOULDN'T EAT (2 Thess. 3:10).

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it.
Don't worry about this - seek, and keep seeking, and it will be revealed to you - you will find the hungry people (spiritually hungry, and the physically hungry - thousands every week die of thirst and /or of hunger) ....

In the USA, mal-nutrition (from lack of food, or from food without life), may be one of the major causes of weakness, tiredness, aches, and dis- ease all over the country.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and DEATH.
Medicine is now the major cause of death worldwide as far as I know.
IN the USA it was and is the fastest growing cause of death for the last few decades, according to the fda, ama, and cdc websites and statistics..

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Medicine is now ...

First "hunger" was the problem, and now it's "medicine".

How about: THE ONLY HUNGER and DEATH is from those who prefer DRUGS and ALCOHOL over FOOD, -- and won't WORK for either.

Maybe they choose their lifestyle even after government programs and social outreaches, and being exhorted to be responsible. -- We all get to choose.
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not truth, so no.
How about: THE ONLY HUNGER and DEATH is from those who prefer DRUGS and ALCOHOL over FOOD, -- and won't WORK for either.
=====================================================================================
Those who put their trust in government's strength and government's provision, have already failed.
Maybe they choose their lifestyle even after government programs and social outreaches, and being exhorted to be responsible. -- We all get to choose.
Most children around the world dying of hunger and thirst, just what choice do you imagine they have ?

Reactions: Nancy and My Dreams

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most children around the world dying of hunger and thirst, just what choice do you imagine they have ?

Thus we support foreign ministries, for those whose governments offer no social programs or are insufficient, that their needs might be met, -- provided some Warlord doesn't abscond with their FOOD SHIPMENTS.

But "IN the USA" the number of homeless are ~0.00166%, of which ~0.00041 have severe mental illness and are apparently unable to function in a society, -- which calculates to ~137k individuals, which equals one severely mental person for every 250k* people, in a population of 331M people. And of these, approximate 30% of mentally unstable people are under a Care Giver and are NOT on the streets, which reduces the statistic to one severe mental illness for every 325k people.

And if you can find that ONE in 325k people, please help him/her.

But by all means, PLEASE throw your money at the liars, cheats, and bums on the street intersections. -- THAT's WISDOM, -- NOT!
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="My Dreams, post: 712177, member: 8544"]Friends, i can see poor and hungry people, saying they may die of hunger instead of coronavirus. It really feels sad to hear this and also to see them starving, and suffering. Our prime minister , in his speech said that each family should help 9 other families in this 21 days lockdown

God bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless!
The government could have done a better job of planning things. There is food, but trucks couldn't get on the roads to pick it up and deliver it.

INSIGHT-Coronavirus upends global food supply chains in latest economic shock

In the fertile Satara district in western India, farmers are putting their cattle on an unorthodox diet: Some feed iceberg lettuce to buffalo. Others feed strawberries to cows.

It's not a treat. They can either feed their crops to animals or let them spoil. And other farmers are doing just that - dumping truck loads of fresh grapes to rot on compost heaps.

The farmers cannot get their produce to consumers because of lockdowns that aim to stop the spread of coronavirus. In India, as in many parts of the world, restrictions on population movement are wreaking havoc on farming and food supply chains and raising concern of more widespread shortages and price spikes to come.

Many of the migrant workers in agriculture could have kept working too by keeping them on the farms instead of having them flee back to their homes. If the government had planned better and allowed food delivery to continue operating, the farmers would still be making money, the migrant farm workers would be employed and people in the cities wouldn't be running out of food.

I wonder about the wisdom of stopping shipments of rice to other countries. I understand the government's panic and thinking they may need it all for India; but who will want to depend on India in the future for food? Modi did the same thing with some drugs made in India. I am sure that other countries will either start making their own drugs or find someone else to buy them from so India doesn't cut them off when they need them the most. Modi may know how to get people excited about Hindu nationalism, but I don't think he knows how to run a government.

I was shocked when Modi and Trump held that huge event in a packed stadium. Okay, so India didn't have that many cases of the virus yet; but it was still a very risky thing to do. Their time could have been better spent too, preparing India and the US for the potential problems ahead. I can't see Modi having another term as Prime Minister. How much money got spent on that huge statue? Okay, so now India can say it has the tallest statue in the world. Was the 29.9 billion rupees worth it? I can't see even most Hindus thinking now it was.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I don't see it. -- With all the social programs including cash assistance, healthcare and medical provisions, food assistance, housing subsidies, energy and utilities subsidies, education and childcare assistance, and subsidies and assistance for other basic services, -- the only "hungry" people I see are the ones who are "hungry" for money to buy drugs and/or alcohol.

And I don't discount those with mental issues, who are probably the only ones who are truly HUNGRY because they can't function in our Social Aid society, -- and they are often unseen.

But the scammers who sit on the street corners with hand written signs are in the first group. -- And don't believe everything you "see".

Bobby Jo

PS Odds are, if you stopped and offered to buy one of these "beggars" a meal (as I often do), they virtually all walk away, -- they only want CASH. And the ones on the street/freeway intersections often rotate in shifts, being dropped off and picked up in passenger vans; and the pregnant girls dropped off and picked up in expensive automobiles. In fact one WELL PAID Rockwell Co. employee changed into worn clothes to "beg" during his lunch hour.

Keep in mind that the post was from a member in India where social programs and cash assistance isn't as readily available as it is in the USA, so hunger is a serious issue when people get no outside aid for 3 weeks, especially for kids.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
usa has more food than maybe any other country, yet there is still
https://hungerfreeok.org/
Hunger Free Oklahoma | Ending Food Insecurity in Oklahoma

https://hungerfreeok.org
Hunger Free Oklahoma works to bring a unified, statewide voice to the issues and solutions surrounding hunger, with a goal to ensure all Oklahomans have access to affordable, nutritious food. We are leveraging the power of collaboration to solve hunger in Oklahoma by improving systems, policies, and practices. Learn how. Contact us.

Fact sheet: Hunger in Oklahoma - Oklahoma Policy Institute
Fact sheet: Hunger in Oklahoma - Oklahoma Policy Institute
This has serious implications for health in Oklahoma. A number of chronic diseases and health conditions tied to food insecurity are more prevalent in Oklahoma, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, and being overweight or obese — all diseases or conditions that contribute to Oklahoma's dismal health rankings.

Hunger in Oklahoma - Oklahoma | Feeding America
Oklahoma | Feeding America
Hunger in Oklahoma. Get the facts about hunger in Oklahoma. Though many of us may not realize the grave disparities that exist in our own communities, people struggle with hunger in every county and congressional district in Oklahoma. They could be our neighbors, kids in our children's classes - the possibilities go on.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such discussion on this thread is out of line. Either pray or don't. Discuss it elsewhere or if you believe prayer request is inappropriate, report it!

Thank you John! For real, cannot just pray?? We will have the poor around us always, can you see Jesus responding like some on here??!
The first will be last and the last will be first...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

My Dreams lives in India, not in the U.S. Have some compassion for those in need. You may be in need one day.

[I see that you've already been informed by others....]

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless!
Samaritan's Purse does work in India. This is Franklin Graham's ministry. We can give online and designate where we want our gifts to be used.

Samaritan’s Purse Home Page

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Dreams lives in India, not in the U.S. Have some compassion for those in need. You may be in need one day.

[I see that you've already been informed by others....]
I found some good news. A Sikh group has gotten into gear with some help from local officials.

Corona Warriors: Delhi's Bangla Sahib Gurudwara arranging food for 40,000 people every day | India Post

While the Covid-19 nationwide lockdown has forced people to stay inside their homes, the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) has ramped up one of its mega kitchens here to prepare food for over 40,000 needy people across the city.

The DSGMC has prepared the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib kitchen to provide food to thousands of people every day in the national capital.

Speaking to IANS, Harbir Singh, in charge of the langar in the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib said, “We are providing food to over 40,000 people every day through our kitchen.” Everyday 40 people prepare the food, while 20 more uploads and channelize them.

He said the Gurudwara kitchen is following all the precautions like social distancing protocol while preparing food and all the people involved in the kitchen are asked to sanitise their hands properly before entering the kitchen area.

Singh further said that the work to start the preparation of food starts everyday at 5 a.m. and by 11 a.m. the food for the afternoon is prepared. “While the dinner for people across the city is prepared by 6 p.m. and work for same starts around 1 p.m. after cleaning the kitchen,” he said. The food is collected from the Gurudwara by the concerned officials of the Delhi government.

He said, food for around 20,000 people is sent for the lunch and for the same number dinner is also sent. Singh said that the food includes rice, bread, sanji, dal and prasada, which aree prepared by the base kitchen. When asked if the Gurudwara has enough supply of the rice, wheat flour and vegetables, he said, “The stock with us can easily feed people till the lockdown period. And, besides the ration available with us, we are also ensuring to procure more ration in case requirement arises.”

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found some good news. A Sikh group has gotten into gear with some help from local officials.

Corona Warriors: Delhi's Bangla Sahib Gurudwara arranging food for 40,000 people every day | India Post

While the Covid-19 nationwide lockdown has forced people to stay inside their homes, the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) has ramped up one of its mega kitchens here to prepare food for over 40,000 needy people across the city.

The DSGMC has prepared the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib kitchen to provide food to thousands of people every day in the national capital.

Speaking to IANS, Harbir Singh, in charge of the langar in the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib said, “We are providing food to over 40,000 people every day through our kitchen.” Everyday 40 people prepare the food, while 20 more uploads and channelize them.

He said the Gurudwara kitchen is following all the precautions like social distancing protocol while preparing food and all the people involved in the kitchen are asked to sanitise their hands properly before entering the kitchen area.

Singh further said that the work to start the preparation of food starts everyday at 5 a.m. and by 11 a.m. the food for the afternoon is prepared. “While the dinner for people across the city is prepared by 6 p.m. and work for same starts around 1 p.m. after cleaning the kitchen,” he said. The food is collected from the Gurudwara by the concerned officials of the Delhi government.

He said, food for around 20,000 people is sent for the lunch and for the same number dinner is also sent. Singh said that the food includes rice, bread, sanji, dal and prasada, which aree prepared by the base kitchen. When asked if the Gurudwara has enough supply of the rice, wheat flour and vegetables, he said, “The stock with us can easily feed people till the lockdown period. And, besides the ration available with us, we are also ensuring to procure more ration in case requirement arises.”
It's good to see that the people in need are receiving help. I mentioned Samaritan's Purse because they help with all kinds of needs, including medical needs. They've set up field hospitals to help with the coronavirus outbreak. I read that they set one up in Central Park to help with the outbreak in NYC.