Statement of Faith Based on the Truth of Scripture - Please Read

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Statement of Faith, found here Statement of Faith | Wisdom of God , generalizes most of the in depth studies found in my blog. Many of these statements here may be of shock to you, but please, I encourage you to dig further and read my studies and referenced scriptures to realize that I am actually telling the truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carry on my friend for there nothing you have written that is new. Some of what you have written is certainly true. Probably you are closer than many ministers of today in the larger traditional churches, but don't let that swell up your head. Jesus came without sin and grew. We also must grow until our course here is finished. Not to grow is to stagnate and to die.

Reactions: bbyrd009

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This Statement of Faith, found here Statement of Faith | Wisdom of God , generalizes most of the in depth studies found in my blog. Many of these statements here may be of shock to you, but please, I encourage you to dig further and read my studies and referenced scriptures to realize that I am actually telling the truth.
Well, sound doctrine is very important. But no one has it perfect, remember that.

Reactions: Helen

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The apostle Paul didn't have it perfect? Just because most of the world is deceived doesn't mean one cannot achieve full and correct knowledge of God.
Well, that's not what I'm really saying here. But please understand, I mean no ill towards your website. I'm just saying, always leave a margin of error.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul didn't have it perfect? Just because most of the world is deceived doesn't mean one cannot achieve full and correct knowledge of God.

Doesn't 1Corinthians 13 suggest that no one knows with "full and correct knowledge"?

8. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part."

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well, that's not what I'm really saying here. But please understand, I mean no ill towards your website. I'm just saying, always leave a margin of error.

But when you leave the possibility for doubt people won't trust you as an authority on scripture.

Scripture says to be fully convinced in your own mind, but this appears to be for matters of continence. (Romans 14:5) It doesn't and can not be for essential doctrines, or the pharisees would be just fine.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
the pharisees were hypocrites, and espoused doctrines that they did not actually hold, at least imo, so i don't get how this connection can be accurate.

They were fully convinced of their own self righteousness. Man, dajavoo.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't 1Corinthians 13 suggest that no one knows with "full and correct knowledge"?

8. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part."

That is because the full and correct knowledge of what the apostles taught is merely a part of what God has chosen to reveal in the scriptures, for the prophets wrote what will happen up until the creation of a new heaven and earth, what happens after that is a complete mystery that we do not know. So we can know in full what has been revealed, but know in part everything there is to know outside of what has been revealed.