Steadfastness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul opens his letter commending the Thessalonians for their “work of faith,” “labor of love,” and “steadfastness of hope” —themes that echo throughout his letter. Paul writes to remind, encourage, and instruct them concerning a few areas of interest: Encouragement for the Thessalonians.

1 Thessalonians 1:

1. Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you. Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians’ Faith 2. We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.

1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 1 KJV

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoughts on Steadfastness . . .

Towards others . . .

We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; vs 2
Constantly remembering your work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope in Jesus; vs 3
Knowing you are the chosen of God; vs 4

We are steadfast towards each other, to remember each other, the good things. Our steadfastness is our determination to see others this way.

Steadfast in the Spirit for your sakes, in truth, and in power, determined to live among you in a way that you will know, Jesus is real! vs 5

Steadfastness towards those to lead us to Christ, determined to follow even through affliction, but with joy from the Holy Spirit; vs 6

Steadfast towards all who believe, determined to live right for an example; vs 7

Steadfast in our proclamation of the Gospel, in all places; vs 8

Steadfastness from God, as the Gospel frees us from our idols, to serve Him; vs 9

Steadfastness to await Jesus, Jesus steadfast to save us; vs 10

Much love!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul opens his letter commending the Thessalonians for their “work of faith,” “labor of love,” and “steadfastness of hope”
—themes that echo throughout his letter.
Paul writes to remind, encourage, and instruct them concerning a few areas of interest: Encouragement for the Thessalonians.
1 Thessalonians 1:
1. Paul
, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you. Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians’ Faith 2. We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 1 KJV
I wasn't sure...did you want us to talk about steadfastness?
It seems you placed a verse or 2 and left it at that.
Lemme know what it is you would like. :) Thank you.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wasn't sure...did you want us to talk about steadfastness?
It seems you placed a verse or 2 and left it at that.
Lemme know what it is you would like. :) Thank you.
Miss Hepburn,

We have not seen you around for a while. Where have you been hiding?

Reactions: Nancy

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstthings1st, Ok. But I couldn't stop with just the 1st ch. *wink*
So may I ask again...what was it you wanted us to talk about?
Thanks. I don't do well with mind reading in real life...and esp not on a forum...sorry.

Hi Enoch...hiding in plain sight on other forums...hope all is wonderful in your life.xo

Reactions: Enoch111 and Nancy

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the whole chapter: 1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 1 KJV
Miss Hepburn, that chapter covers quite a bit about steadfastness, I think that marks, in his post #2 of that thread covers it well enough, I did not want anybody to talk about anything, but to try to keep in mind of what Paul was talking about as outlined in that chapter, but if you desire to share your thoughts on that chapter, please do so, thanks, Also: 1 Corinthians 15:58 58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the LORD.

Love always, Walter

marks said in his post #2

Thoughts on Steadfastness . . .

Towards others . . .

We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; vs 2
Constantly remembering your work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope in Jesus; vs 3
Knowing you are the chosen of God; vs 4

We are steadfast towards each other, to remember each other, the good things. Our steadfastness is our determination to see others this way.

Steadfast in the Spirit for your sakes, in truth, and in power, determined to live among you in a way that you will know, Jesus is real! vs 5

Steadfastness towards those to lead us to Christ, determined to follow even through affliction, but with joy from the Holy Spirit; vs 6

Steadfast towards all who believe, determined to live right for an example; vs 7

Steadfast in our proclamation of the Gospel, in all places; vs 8

Steadfastness from God, as the Gospel frees us from our idols, to serve Him; vs 9

Steadfastness to await Jesus, Jesus steadfast to save us; vs 10

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstthings1st, Ok. But I couldn't stop with just the 1st ch. *wink*
So may I ask again...what was it you wanted us to talk about?
Thanks. I don't do well with mind reading in real life...and esp not on a forum...sorry.

Hi Enoch...hiding in plain sight on other forums...hope all is wonderful in your life.xo

Hello M.H. Good to see you again ♥