Still believe the myth of man caused Climate Change?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Underwater volcanic eruptions have been steadily increasing for years....Exactly what is clueless John Kerry going to do to address something man has nothing to do with? In an interview ....John Kerry had no solution to China, the biggest poluter in the world, that refuses to join the club to financial ruin and economic disaster ....Nothing to say about Russia thumbing their nose at the cult followers that sold their collective souls ages ago ....

Jhn Kerry, accomplished nothing but to marry rich women, then pretend to be famous and activist .....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I do, because the bible tells us so and it requires us to repent of our sins to restore the earth back to how God intended it to operate. Man has always been the dominate problem, because we like t act God like in our dealings with our apparent problems.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was called on the have dominance over the earth. There is not a thing in the world that man can do to control volcanos beneath the surface of the oceans.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is whatever talking point narratives gain them the greatest control to eventually bring on the beast world government of the entire world and whatever science they create that supports that.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read a recent diagnosis somewhere along the way ....The Paris Accord is going to demand two trillion dollars from the western nations. Not to cure climate change. Not resolve the supposed coming end of the earth ....But to pay off the third world countries to not develop enough to ever build and succeed ....In other words, to starve the population in third world countries out so that we never reach 9 billion.

The Paris Accord stated a few years ago that this was never to combat CO2, they knew it wouldn't work ...It was to share the wealth worldwide while crushing the economies of the west ......News flash to the moronic dream that has be the result of elite sheer stupidity on steroids ....As the ecomony collapses ....you will not be safe ....eventually the village storms the castle with torches and pitch forks .....

Because of the constant shut downs in China due to the zero Covid policy ....manufacturing has begun to move to Viet Nam and Indonesia ...China is doing nothing more than slitting their own collective throats......Their economy will crash in the chaos ...Result? WWIII .....

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do, because the bible tells us so and it requires us to repent of our sins to restore the earth back to how God intended it to operate. Man has always been the dominate problem, because we like t act God like in our dealings with our apparent problems.
The biblical narrative is not the issue. The problem is not the issue of mankind contributing to climate change, but rather the idea that mankind can control or fix it. That's just wrong.

It is rather our godly duty to promote holy and godly ways, that God may turn from "His" climate changes--not against our climate infractions, but against our sinful infractions. Nature is not in control or out of control--it is God who is in control and who brings about the tempest.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The biblical narrative is not the issue. The problem is not the issue of mankind contributing to climate change, but rather the idea that mankind can control or fix it. That's just wrong.

It is rather our godly duty to promote holy and godly ways, that God may turn from "His" climate changes--not against our climate infractions, but against our sinful infractions. Nature is not in control or out of control--it is God who is in control and who brings about the tempest.
Ah! ScottA,

As usual you are missing the point in what I had said. Here is the scripture that tells us what is wrong: -

2 Chron 7:12-14: - 12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
NKJV

Clearly God told us the steps that we must take to have the healing in the land.

The question that should be on our lips is, "Why does God shut up the heavens such that there is no rains, or command the locusts to devour the land or send pestilence among my people?" Does not God shut up the heavens or send the locusts or pestilence because of the sins that we commit. Does not the Bible tell us of the consequences of our sinning against God and His statutes?

If we are sinning then how can we promote holy and godly ways. Do we not have to repent first before we try that gig to fix the closed heavens of the locusts or pestilence in our midst.

Oh well, so be it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah! ScottA,

As usual you are missing the point in what I had said. Here is the scripture that tells us what is wrong: -

2 Chron 7:12-14: - 12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
NKJV

Clearly God told us the steps that we must take to have the healing in the land.

The question that should be on our lips is, "Why does God shut up the heavens such that there is no rains, or command the locusts to devour the land or send pestilence among my people?" Does not God shut up the heavens or send the locusts or pestilence because of the sins that we commit. Does not the Bible tell us of the consequences of our sinning against God and His statutes?

If we are sinning then how can we promote holy and godly ways. Do we not have to repent first before we try that gig to fix the closed heavens of the locusts or pestilence in our midst.

Oh well, so be it.
Obviously we are not communicating well. The OP question is "Still believe the myth of man caused Climate Change?" To which you answered (below) indicating "Yes, I do"..."believe the myth of man caused Climate Change." So, my response was to say very much what you just said (above), that, no, the climate infractions of men are not the problem, but rather our sin infractions against God who brings about the climate issues as a result.

Sounds like we both misunderstood each other. Sounds like we agree.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The message I got from this sentence is that if our Godly duty is to promote holy and godly ways, that we can control what God does, which means that we are still sinning because we are acting "God Like" and not with a repentant heart response. It just means that with the right religious mumbo jumbo we can fix the issue by pulling the puppet like strings that are attached to God's arms and subsequent actions.

In other words, God is our puppet to do our bidding.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message I got from this sentence is that if our Godly duty is to promote holy and godly ways, that we can control what God does, which means that we are still sinning because we are acting "God Like" and not with a repentant heart response. It just means that with the right religious mumbo jumbo we can fix the issue by pulling the puppet like strings that are attached to God's arms and subsequent actions.

In other words, God is our puppet to do our bidding.
Well, that's just wrong. That is not what it says or what I wrote.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God giving over much of the country (seems like) to a reprobate mind is what I think is happening. We have an explosion of all sorts of wicked things in everyday hearts and minds of the people. And it is much worse than it used to be decades ago. Even church going people have no moral sense of right and wrong, and they approve of the wicked sexual immorality in society. My Episcopal sister-in-law is like that whose family is Greek Orthodox. You talk to them of spiritual realities, such as Christ saying if you do not believe in Him, you will die in your sins and go to hell, and the homosexual marriage and relationships is wrong and wicked and they just say the words are not true, the words are just 'attributed to Jesus' and the apostles wrote stuff Christ never said, etc...

God giving people over like that, means the end therefore is of destruction.
They prove themselves worthy of their eventual doom as the restraint is gone.

• Sad
Reactions: ScottA

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that's just wrong. That is not what it says or what I wrote.

Sometimes we say things that we did not mean or intend. What you have posted is now on the public record.

My response was based on my impression of what you had said in the post that I had commented on. What you had posted has been the message of many Religious Church leaders and their encouragement to promote holy and godly ways has not worked because that pathway does not cause the people to humble themselves and to repent of their sins. In fact, it causes us to sin even more. Becoming super spiritual is not always the solution. as you have suggested. It is often the reason why we sin even more because of our pride and God turns the heat up even more because the righteous people cannot image that they are also sinning just as badly as everybody else on the planet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes we say things that we did not mean or intend. What you have posted is now on the public record.

My response was based on my impression of what you had said in the post that I had commented on. What you had posted has been the message of many Religious Church leaders and their encouragement to promote holy and godly ways has not worked because that pathway does not cause the people to humble themselves and to repent of their sins. In fact, it causes us to sin even more. Becoming super spiritual is not always the solution. as you have suggested. It is often the reason why we sin even more because of our pride and God turns the heat up even more because the righteous people cannot image that they are also sinning just as badly as everybody else on the planet.
Yes it is.

But your comments are also public record and quite telling. I mean, if you believe that "becoming super spiritual is not always the solution"--you should take it up with God, for He "is spirit" (and "perfect" as such) and we are indeed to be "like Him."

You are kicking against the goads.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you call a lake of water with 50,000 sustainable residents in the year 1970.

Which has 4 million residents in 2022 who are causing the lake to dry up due to human overconsumption of water. (Lake Mead in the vegas area is a prime example of this)

Do you know what that is called?

Its called climate change.

But the media chooses instead to call it drought for reasons which escape me.

Underwater volcanic eruptions have been steadily increasing for years...

The SR-71 blackbird had wide gaps between fuselage panels.

As it accelerated, its metal panels would expand under heat, and the gaps would close. In a process known as thermal expansion.

If average global temperatures are increasing, the surface crust of the earth must expand in a similar process. Leading to compression of magma beneath the surface. Producing an uptick in volcanic eruptions.

It would be like squeezing a grape.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you call a lake of water with 50,000 sustainable residents in the year 1970.

Which has 4 million residents in 2022 who are causing the lake to dry up due to human overconsumption of water. (Lake Mead in the vegas area is a prime example of this)

Do you know what that is called?

Its called climate change.

But the media chooses instead to call it drought for reasons which escape me.

The SR-71 blackbird had wide gaps between fuselage panels.

As it accelerated, its metal panels would expand under heat, and the gaps would close. In a process known as thermal expansion.

If average global temperatures are increasing, the surface crust of the earth must expand in a similar process. Leading to compression of magma beneath the surface. Producing an uptick in volcanic eruptions.

It would be like squeezing a grape.
It is a drought by definition. There have been many droughts in the past in that region. And droughts have occurred all over the earth for millennia.

Some fine day, God will destroy by fire the entire earth, and everything will be burned up. He will destroy the home of the wicked both demon and people and create a new earth only for his people to live in. We are told to be looking forward to that. Us preserving something God has dedicated to destruction is not going to work and is contrary to His plans for the kingdom of God. God is the one preserving this current world until the predetermined time of it's destruction. Any green minded person seeks to preserve the earth or restore it, and this is outside of the purpose of God, and they will fail. What they are doing is preserving the habitations of evil spirits to continue wreaking havoc, they and the wicked will someday lose their home here and this cannot be thwarted or resisted as you are fighting against God and are totally outmatched, so then useless, but of course, demons and the wicked like their current home, and do not want to be cast into hell. No doubt all those earthly minded greens will weep at the destruction of this current world by God and be cast into hell, and will not inherit the kingdom of God, unless they repent of their foolishness, much of what they do is against the commands of God to people from the beginning in Eden, God commands people to do this in Genesis 1:28, yet they cause people much trouble today.
They dont like all the people filling the earth, and they do not like people subduing the earth to benefit more people. They want to eliminate as in kill people and also steal and destroy people's lives and businesses, and give it all back to nature, which they worship,

Genesis 1:28
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Rev 21
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea (politics of the nations). 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [b]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

The first earth, God destroyed by water, and all those people were swept away, except for 8 persons. God gave the earth a fresh start.

2 Peter 3
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [a]perdition of ungodly men.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The extreme world wide drought of 1876-1878 where crops were failing in much of the world.
Droughts have happened for millenia. It is only today that they are attributed to man-made climate change from burning hydrocarbons.
Which means burning hydrocarbons causing worldwide droughts is a lie.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The extreme world wide drought of 1876-1878 where crops were failing in much of the world.

1950: 2.5 billion people

2022: 8 billion

The water consumption of people in some regions of the world has more than tripled in 70 years.

Producing "drought".