Stoney heart - Renewed Heart by God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, it would take a book…
Until heart, mind and will are in agreement, there is an awful struggle, and I don’t suppose any man has ever escaped having to go through that struggle.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are your thoughts about a Stoney heart and renewed heart?

didn’t have time to watch the video yet, but plan to come back later this evening to watch it. A few thoughts …is the parable of the ground …that which is sown on stony ground endures for a time but becomes offended, and falls away. That which has no root. That which get consumed by the fowls and that which falls by the wayside…Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

then that which is sown in good ground (the Kingdom of God) and brings forth fruit.

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
didn’t have time to watch the video yet, but plan to come back later this evening to watch it. A few thoughts …is the parable of the ground …that which is sown on stony ground endure for a time but becomes offended falls away…then that which is sown in good ground (the kingdom of God) and brings forth fruit.

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
@VictoryinJesus The parable of the sower has such rich applications, doesn't it?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, it would take a book…
Until heart, mind and will are in agreement, there is an awful struggle, and I don’t suppose any man has ever escaped having to go through that struggle.
The only BOOK i can think of that does any soul any good , IS THAT BIBLE .
Men can keep all their documentaries and so forth . I have no part in any of it . Just give me Christ and the bible.
That is my hill and i will die upon it .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh…I should have just stayed silent, lol.

It’s like…circumcision of the heart, the heart is then tender toward Gods…touches. Sometimes I cry just even to hear the others talking about Jesus. And then they start tearing up too. I can’t even sing the songs because I start crying.

But the mind and the will and…the understanding still remain a problem.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh…I should have just stayed silent, lol.

It’s like…circumcision of the heart, the heart is then tender toward Gods…touches. Sometimes I cry just even to hear the others talking about Jesus. And then they start tearing up too. I can’t even sing the songs because I start crying.

But the mind and the will and…the understanding still remain a problem.
You are loved dear sister .
I am going to ask you a few questions .
Do you think pauls heart was circumsized .
Do you think peters heart was
Do you think judes heart was
or james , was his heart ......
Or johns .
Of course you do . Now let us read their writings . how they approached all things .
THEN compare that to todays leaders who CLIAM their heart is cirumcized . You gonna see a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE
in these men of today verses those men of that bible.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are loved dear sister .
I am going to ask you a few questions .
Do you think pauls heart was circumsized .
Do you think peters heart was
Do you think judes heart was
or james , was his heart ......
Or johns .
Of course you do . Now let us read their writings . how they approached all things .
THEN compare that to todays leaders who CLIAM their heart is cirumcized . You gonna see a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE
in these men of today verses those men of that bible.

Yes. We have little strength, like the church described in Rev.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The ground is the soil of the garden in one's heart. God broke mine up so He could remove roots of sin (cords of death), rocks, cutworms (demons), and all sorts of trash. Then He planted good seed. Isaiah 28:23-29

Reactions: Ziggy and MatthewG

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Built on this ground and removed before He started cleaning the soil were walls of protection the devil had led me to build.
He sent the storm described in Ezekiel 13 to bring them down. Most effective.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That feeling WHEN.... you know you just got yourself stuck in a conversation you do not desire to have. LOL

lolol! No, I want to have the conversation, it’s just hard to put some experiences into words. I had my heart circumcised and received the Holy Spirit and many things changed, but…I still didn’t see myself clearly or the world clearly. I still had tremendous pride, though I pridefully thought I didn’t! I still defended myself against others, defended my…character if they attacked it.

I was still enmeshed psychologically in the whole world system of shame guilt blame anger scapegoating and power grabs. I mean, from a very young age we are groomed into it. We are…indoctrinated into it by our parents. We always look for whose fault it is and we don’t see ourselves as part of the problem, as one of those to be blamed. But we are human and fallen too. So our self wars against other selves. Our whole family is psychologically enmeshed in this world system and so are we. It’s the useless way of life we learned from our parents. And until we can see it clearly, we can’t break away from it but carry it out into the world in a almost…subconscious? way.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While I was in my mother's womb, she rejected me when she learned that I was a boy.
Years later, my older sister actually described this event as she had witnessed it first-hand.
Thus, a foundational stone of unbelief was laid in my personality, setting me up for a life of failure.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I was in my mother's womb, she rejected me when she learned that I was a boy.
Years later, my older sister actually described this event as she had witnessed it first-hand.
Thus, a foundational stone of unbelief was laid in my personality, setting me up for a life of failure.

I was the “scapegoat” child. My mom was trying to fix her own childhood wounds where she was always “the problem” as the oldest child, so she reversed the order so the youngest child (me) was the problem. I shut down. I could never do anything well enough or right enough to please her. It was a set up from the get go. I had to be the role she cast me in, so I went through life just shut down emotionally and never tried to really accomplish anything since I was programmed to believe I could never do anything right enough.
It was a great relief to see clearly what had happened and to begin to heal and forgive.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was the “scapegoat” child. My mom was trying to fix her own childhood wounds where she was always “the problem” as the oldest child, so she reversed the order so the youngest child (me) was the problem. I shut down. I could never do anything well enough or right enough to please her. It was a set up from the get go. I had to be the role she cast me in, so I went through life just shut down emotionally and never tried to really accomplish anything since I was programmed to believe I could never do anything right enough.
It was a great relief to see clearly what had happened and to begin to heal and forgive.
My dad was from a family of military warriors. As a teen, he drove a tank during the liberation of occupied France. His brother shot down German bombers over London with his Spitfire.
Whereas I was shy and withdrawn, with a severe speech impediment. I think he was embarrassed of me. At the age of 13, I turned into a hippie; his cousin was Defence minister of Canada. Need I say more?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My dad was from a family of military warriors. As a teen, he drove a tank during the liberation of occupied France. His brother shot down German bombers over London with his Spitfire.
Whereas I was shy and withdrawn, with a severe speech impediment. I think he was embarrassed of me. At the age of 13, I turned into a hippie; his cousin was Defence minister of Canada. Need I say more?
@Truman I admit that arguing with someone such as Paul Hellyer could be quite an experience.....

(I see he passed away last month...)

Reactions: Truman