Stop blaming Satan, scripture for study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

Many people in this world still believe Satan is alive and active today. If you would simply ask yourself, who, what, when, why, where, how, in the addressing of scripture your mind may open to new information.

Think about this, when Paul encouraged Timothy to publicly read scripture in 1 Timothy. Did you know this notion of scripture is not the New Testament?

It was in reference to the Old Testament canon that he was to teach, not the the New Testament.

As this for an example through out scripture the talk about the defeat of Satan is found in the context as you read along, ever since the beginning of GENESIS.

Now this is the scripture pertaining to the defeat of Satan,

Genesis 3:15
Luke 4:13
John 12:30
John 12:31
John 14:30
2 Thessalonians 2:8
Hebrews 2:14
1 John 3:8
Revelation 20:10

Done and defeated, away from ever reigning over the earth again.

With this what still exists? The same thing that tempted the fallen Angel when he made the free Will choice to deny God…

What is that? Darkness.

Darkness existed before light was created. God was in the midst of the darkness, the earth was yet to be created and the hilt spirit hovering above the waters.

Many people place blame on Satan but if you come truly come to realization the Bible is true in his defeat the quicker you will be free in truth to walk in Christ.

The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.

Coming to the reality that you are imperfect and have problems and are in need of a savior and the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ come into your life the more you all them to and the Holy Spirit is what is active as you live in this life…

The darkness yes all of us wrestle it, our heart - soul (mind/will/emotion) is filled with darkness until you open the door and allow Jesus to light up a fire to clear that darkness out, he will hold it back for you and give you a more fulfilling spiritual life.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
(An imperfect human being, saved by the grace of God in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who died, buried, and raised again).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

Many people in this world still believe Satan is alive and active today. If you would simply ask yourself, who, what, when, why, where, how, in the addressing of scripture your mind may open to new information.
Who is the adversary of God today? Is it not man himself? Not so much the dead zombies walking around who know little and care nothing about God. Let the dead bury the dead.

But.. among believers some of them really struggling against themselves to overcome their own besetting sins, the new man versus the old man.

Or is it the new me. the one who has found or been found by God, versus the devil's advocate? Is the advocate, the devil, himself?

Think about this, when Paul encouraged Timothy to publicly read scripture in 1 Timothy. Did you know this notion of scripture is not the New Testament?

It was in reference to the Old Testament canon that he was to teach, not the the New Testament.

As this for an example through out scripture the talk about the defeat of Satan is found in the context as you read along, ever since the beginning of GENESIS.

With this what still exists? The same thing that tempted the fallen Angel when he made the free Will choice to deny God…
Me against myself? Hmmm?

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?" James 4:1

What is that? Darkness.
Is not darkness then death? Did man move away from Light toward and into darkness when Adam and Eve disobeyed God?
Does not every unbeliever "live" in darkness?

Darkness existed before light was created. God was in the midst of the darkness, the earth was yet to be created and the hilt spirit hovering above the waters.
In our beginning, although God was everywhere, we were in darkness.

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:12

"For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:27-28

Many people place blame on Satan but if you come truly come to realization the Bible is true in his defeat the quicker you will be free in truth to walk in Christ.

!tX Satan (saw-tawn'); Noun Masculine, Strong #: 7854

1. adversary, one who withstands
    1. adversary (in general - personal or national)
  2. superhuman adversary
    1. Satan (as noun pr)
If we did not capitalize the word, satan, and put rather in its place the English noun, adversary, [not a proper name!] what might we read or understand when reading our Bibles?
The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.
Yes!
Coming to the reality that you are imperfect and have problems and are in need of a savior and the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ come into your life the more you all them to and the Holy Spirit is what is active as you live in this life…
Yes!
The darkness yes all of us wrestle it, our heart - soul (mind/will/emotion) is filled with darkness until you open the door and allow Jesus to light up a fire to clear that darkness out, he will hold it back for you and give you a more fulfilling spiritual life.
Yes!

Reactions: Pisteuo

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

What is that? Darkness.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
(An imperfect human being, saved by the grace of God in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who died, buried, and raised again).

I have some friends I went to school with the last name Gallagher sir, Joe was in my class of 72 living in central Illinois, any kin?

Don't be deceived into thinking satan has been cast into the lake already Matt, far from it, in fact he is more active among humans than ever now. Jesus enemies has been cast as his footstool, heaven was cleansed and satan and the demons were cast out of heaven residing here on the earth at this time and we are warned that there would be woe for us on this account Rev 12:12. When Jesus returns, he will bind satan and the demons, and remove his followers from the earth then. It will be at that time when we no longer have to consider them in influencing us.

satan is so good at what he does many do not even think he exists. That is why the Bible calls him the birdcatcher. Ps 91:3

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some friends I went to school with the last name Gallagher sir, Joe was in my class of 72 living in central Illinois, any kin?

Don't be deceived into thinking satan has been cast into the lake already Matt, far from it, in fact he is more active among humans than ever now. Jesus enemies has been cast as his footstool, heaven was cleansed and satan and the demons were cast out of heaven residing here on the earth at this time and we are warned that there would be woe for us on this account Rev 12:12. When Jesus returns, he will bind satan and the demons, and remove his followers from the earth then. It will be at that time when we no longer have to consider them in influencing us.

satan is so good at what he does many do not even think he exists. That is why the Bible calls him the birdcatcher. Ps 91:3

Agreed. And if we are NOT fighting against flesh and blood....then who ARE we fighting against? I see the "adversary's" hand in most everything worldly, cartoons, music, movies, clothes, on and on.
Right now, I am personally going through issues with the city I live in. The man who came to my home because of a complaint I made (only time in over 11 yrs.) This guy is written up all the time but, nothing gets done as he just pays the fine. His house and yard are infested with rats. Anyhow, when this inspector came to my house to look at his yard (wonder why he just did not go to HIS house?!) he was not at all nice, he came in with an attitude and a frown. Then he starts picking me apart over petty things, I honestly believe he knows the guy next door as, he IS related to several cops and, they all work out of City Hall. I was in tears by the time he left and am flailing not knowing what to do, and angry at him and my neighbor. One of my brothers prayed with me and reminded me (after hearing me cursing out the guy) that, "we fight not against flesh and blood" so, that DID calm me...a tad. Very hard to separate the human from the spirit in these cases so, we probably should treat all ill treatment as coming from "the adversary".
This is not to take away from your post Matt! As, you could well be correct!

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. And if we are NOT fighting against flesh and blood....then who ARE we fighting against? I see the "adversary's" hand in most everything worldly, cartoons, music, movies, clothes, on and on.
Right now, I am personally going through issues with the city I live in. The man who came to my home because of a complaint I made (only time in over 11 yrs.) This guy is written up all the time but, nothing gets done as he just pays the fine. His house and yard are infested with rats. Anyhow, when this inspector came to my house to look at his yard (wonder why he just did not go to HIS house?!) he was not at all nice, he came in with an attitude and a frown. Then he starts picking me apart over petty things, I honestly believe he knows the guy next door as, he IS related to several cops and, they all work out of City Hall. I was in tears by the time he left and am flailing not knowing what to do, and angry at him and my neighbor. One of my brothers prayed with me and reminded me (after hearing me cursing out the guy) that, "we fight not against flesh and blood" so, that DID calm me...a tad. Very hard to separate the human from the spirit in these cases so, we probably should treat all ill treatment as coming from "the adversary".
This is not to take away from your post Matt! As, you could well be correct!
Praying for you and your situation, sister!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you and your situation, sister!
Thank you sweet brother! Well, they haven't come to take me away yet so, God MUST be working peace back into me...if it weren't for Him in my life at this point especially, I'd probably be in prison for murder from all the in justices! :eek: You're a really, really good egg my brother.

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,

I'm interested in how you see this passage,

1 Peter 5:8-9 KJV
8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Who is this devil?

Much love!

Reactions: JunChosen and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,

I'm interested in how you see this passage,

1 Peter 5:8-9 KJV
8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Who is this devil?

Much love!
Could not the devil be the beast or old man in me fighting to regain the upper hand he had before I met the Master? Are the attractions to sin dead yet?

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?" James 4:1

Have we had the wisdom to kill our beasts yet?

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could not the devil be the beast or old man in me fighting to regain the upper hand he had before I met the Master? Are the attractions to sin dead yet?
Does your old man walk about seeking someone to devour? I'm not getting that from the passage.

"Our wrestling is not against flesh and blood", but is against archons, and powers, and rulers of darkness, is it not?

Yes she hath killed her beasts, and set her table. She has sewn her family's clothes, and dressed the fatted calf, and readied the wine.

Even so . . .

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV
13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I would not like to overlook an unseen adversary.

Even so . . .

The battle is in the mind, and in the heart, and whether the source of our temptation be the world, or some devil, or our own flesh, the battle remains in the mind, and in the heart, in our resolve to suffer and do good.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your old man walk about seeking someone to devour? I'm not getting that from the passage.

"Our wrestling is not against flesh and blood", but is against archons, and powers, and rulers of darkness, is it not?

Yes she hath killed her beasts, and set her table. She has sewn her family's clothes, and dressed the fatted calf, and readied the wine.

Even so . . .

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV
13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I would not like to overlook an unseen adversary.

Even so . . .

The battle is in the mind, and in the heart, and whether the source of our temptation be the world, or some devil, or our own flesh, the battle remains in the mind, and in the heart, in our resolve to suffer and do good.

Much love!
Would not the final result be the same... depending on whether we are allowing the Holy Spirit to lead or we are quenching the Holy Spirit?

Reactions: Nancy and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

The age of that day, Satan was alive and well before his defeat.

Take that scripture and add it with Revelation, and you have your defeat of Satan, interestingly enough you pointed out 1 Peter.

Who was Peter writing to in his day in age?
Who was he warning about Satan?

I don’t believe it was to warn me about Satan, at all. I don’t live in the countries he was writing to, nor am I an exile to those countries.

May God lead you to finding an answer,
In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello reader,

When it comes to the devil, I look at him as the opposite of God. He was the one who was given the title deed to earth. He was the harbinger of death to the Jewish world, in a sense. He was a liar and a deceiver, being seen as the serpent, the ancient serpent to be defeated according to revelation.

I do not know your full understanding on any of these things @amadeus, also @marks .

That is what I see though, and even so, I talked to a person today who believes people can be possessed with demons, and that Satan is still put tricks in your mind and will lie to you and deceive you.

I do not believe this true anymore because of the full assurance I have of Jesus Christ victory over Satan, sin, death, grave, hell.

I believe what James says about us as human beings…

James 1:14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

That is what I believe, just as victory stated about biting and devouring one another, that can deal with pride and lead to haughty attitude toward others. The Devil had these same traits, but so do we since the fall of Adam.

Satan the Angel that was in heaven desired darkness and he is a picture and a type of darkness in the absence of light, who back then as stated had the title deed to esrth in a sense until the victory of Jesus.

Now to me it seems people have a choice, to choose darkness or light and it has no influence by the ancient serpent that was defeated but on the influence and predications of ones own self free Will and desires in the heart.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

Who was Peter writing to in his day in age?
Who was he warning about Satan?

Peter was writing to everybody of all ages and timelines. Not just the people of his time. Paul too. We wouldn't be hearing about what a great man of Christ Paul is and how he sets examples on how to follow Jesus.

For the record, Satan is still active. Yes, he will be defeated at the end of all ages, but he's still around plotting and scheming. A lot of people don't understand how clever Satan can be. You have to fight the good fight and prove to God how much you can fight for him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was writing to everybody of all ages and timelines. Not just the people of his time. Paul too. We wouldn't be hearing about what a great man of Christ Paul is and how he sets examples on how to follow Jesus.

For the record, Satan is still active. Yes, he will be defeated at the end of all ages, but he's still around plotting and scheming. A lot of people don't understand how clever Satan can be. You have to fight the good fight and prove to God how much you can fight for him.

Hello Shinethelight,

Thank you for sharing your honest viewpoint, though we differ in our understanding. You are a big help.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MatthewG, you are so far out ln left field that there is no hope for you. You manage to churn out false doctrines at every opportunity. So now you wish to give Satan a pass. That is just dandy. So who do you think is behind all the evil and evildoers in the world right now?

Since Christ and His apostles warned against the deception of Satan, MatthewG is here on behalf of Satan to deceive people who are not solidly grounded in Scripture. Shame on you MatthewG for contradicting the Bible and Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is the adversary of God today? Is it not man himself?
Amadeus, since the Bible makes it crystal clear that the Adversary is ha Satan (Satan), why do you make such misleading statements? Are you in agreement with MatthewG's false doctrine? If not then come right out and tell him he is a deceiver.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MatthewG, you are so far out ln left field that there is no hope for you. You manage to churn out false doctrines at every opportunity. So now you wish to give Satan a pass. That is just dandy. So who do you think is behind all the evil and evildoers in the world right now?

Since Christ and His apostles warned against the deception of Satan, MatthewG is here on behalf of Satan to deceive people who are not solidly grounded in Scripture. Shame on you MatthewG for contradicting the Bible and Christ.

Hello Enoch,

Thank you for sharing what you believe and think of me, I love you either way it goes.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher