• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Saint,

its the Goodness of God's Grace, that if we learn to rest in it, then we can be free from our carnality, and it not take us 89 yrs.
See, you will still never arrive to "the fullness of the stature of Christ" that Paul teaches is to be "perfected", if you try to do it by struggling and self effort.
You are not to be trying to keep from sinning or keep from losing your salvation, because you think that is "Christianity".
Its not.
You are to be learning how to exist as "perfected" as the "fullness of the Stature of Christ".
You are to arrive there, while you are living.

Paul teaches, that you are conformed into the image of Christ AFTER you die, but down here, you are to come into "perfection", as "the fullnes of the Stature of Christ".
And this fullness, is not deeds or effort. This fullness is to become a total outlet for God.
We are to become God's DEVICE, whereby He exists through us, without being hindered by us.

Listen...
God's Grace, is living HERE : Hebrews 13:9. As that is the POWER FOUND that allows us to REST in the peace of God that is created and eternally maintained by the blood atonement.
And in this RIGHT BELIEVING, we find that we dont have to turn from sin over much time, but instead we can be delivered from this wrong believing by God's Grace.
See that??????
That is "walking in the Spirit".
When we are delivered from the wrong mind of faith, and renewed in our Mind with the right mind of FAITH, we are "walking in the Spirit".

The devil teaches it like this...
"You become more sanctified the longer you work out your salvation and keep trying to be GOOD, and keep failing all your life."

God teaches it like this...>"MY BLOOD has made your 'New Creation" as GOOD AS ME, you are "the righteousness of Christ", "made RIGHTEOUS" ...so, REST in this TRUTH, and my GRACE becomes your POWER to live HOLY.

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Reactions: Mayflower

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Real born again people understand that by works, no person is accepted by God.
See, its 'justification by Faith, without works'.
This means that doing good works, is something an axe murderer and a child molester can be doing, as well as other things.
So, once again, you have no understanding of spiritual things.
You read the bible like its a newspaper and your theology is the proof.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Real born again people understand that by works, no person is accepted by God.
See, its 'justification by Faith, without works'.
This means that doing good works, is something an axe murderer and a child molester can be doing, as well as other things.
So, once again, you have no understanding of spiritual things.
You read the bible like its a newspaper and your theology is the proof.
Did I give any commentary on the scripture that I quoted?

I simply quoted a verse.

Your argument is not with me but with God.

It should be clear that those who are redeemed become new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv))...and therefore are given a new life and will walk in holiness and righteousness according to that new life.

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
So very true!

If you are righteous, as Jesus is righteous, you will do righteousness.

Of course, doing righteousness doesn't make you righteous.

Oh, and, to the extent that we fail to walk in faith, we'll see mixed results. "the double minded man", and all that.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

We are "made righteous" (Romans 5:19) by faith from beginning to end (Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:1-3, Colossians 2:6).

I would say, hold to that truth in all things, and learn to rest in it.

We are made righteous in Christ, by His grace, through our faith, for all eternity, a done deal. Because Christ IS our righteousness, and our sanctification, He is our all in all. And He never changes. He is our sure and steadfast anchor.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, it is saying that if you are not a doer of righteousness, that indicates that you are not righteous.
Actually, you are taking the positive statement of the Bible and reversing it into a negative statement.

We may have the view that it MEANS what you are saying, but that's not actually what it says.

And I wonder what affect this has in our thoughts, in rewording something like that, instead of just meditating on the words it DOES use, the thing it IS saying.

The more I think about it, I have to disagree, it doesn't mean the reverse that you present.

The one who is in the infancy of their faith, having been made righteous is Christ, may not yet have righteous works to their account, yet they are still righteous in Christ. You may argue that they will go on to have righteous works, but that's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about whether or not someone who does no have righteous works might still be righteous in Christ, and the answer is resoundingly yes. And considering we are saved specifically NOT by works, this is certain.

Much love!

Reactions: charity and HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, it is saying that if you are not a doer of righteousness, that indicates that you are not righteous.
If you are saying it indicates, that is, suggests to someone, then we're talking about someone, even one's self, having a perception, and forming an opinion.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who is in the infancy of their faith will be someone that does righteousness as a general rule.

It is not talking about whether they have a record of righteous works but a pattern of behaviour that the righteous person will have.

And I would have to disagree with you; and say that 1 John 3:7 does indeed teach that the person who does not do what is righteous is not righteous. That is the intent of John's statement in 1 John 3:7.

Just like in Romans 8:7, the inverse statement, "For the spiritual mind is at peace with God, for it is subject to the law of God, and cannot be otherwise" is a valid statement to what is actually written in Romans 8:7.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I would have to disagree with you; and say that 1 John 3:7 does indeed teach that the person who does not do what is righteous is not righteous.
This would make righteous deeds to be the determiner of a person's righteousness. And that's just not so.

We are righteous not because we do righteous works, but because God has made us righteous apart from our works, whether good or bad.

God is the determiner of our righteousess.

Look at Abraham.

He was accounted righteous because he believed God. And later, given circumcision as the sign of his faith, Paul makes a huge point that Abraham's righteousness preceded and was not dependant on that sign.

Some with Abraham's works. The work that is pointed to as the visible justification of Abraham's faith was decades later in the offering of his son, Isaac.

And Abraham was accounted righteous long before that. His obedience showed his faith, but was not what gave him righteousness.

Much love!

Reactions: charity and HisLife

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
1 John 2
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Why does one keep the commandments of God?

Tong
R2568

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would make righteous deeds to be the determiner of a person's righteousness. And that's just not so.

We are righteous not because we do righteous works, but because God has made us righteous apart from our works, whether good or bad.

God is the determiner of our righteousess.

Look at Abraham.

He was accounted righteous because he believed God. And later, given circumcision as the sign of his faith, Paul makes a huge point that Abraham's righteousness preceded and was not dependant on that sign.

Some with Abraham's works. The work that is pointed to as the visible justification of Abraham's faith was decades later in the offering of his son, Isaac.

And Abraham was accounted righteous long before that. His obedience showed his faith, but was not what gave him righteousness.

Much love!

While righteous deeds do not determine a person to be righteous, if a man is righteous, he will begin to do righteous deeds; and therefore from man's perspective, who looks on the outward appearance, we can look at a person and say that if they do what is righteous, it is because they are righteous; and that if they do not do what is righteous, it is because they are not righteous.

Why does one doeth righteousness?

Tong

If one is righteous, they will do what is righteous.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If one is righteous, they will do what is righteous.
That’s right.

And that’s the point in scriptures. Not the other way around, the view that the practicing of righteousness or the doing of righteous works makes one righteous. Rather, he who practices righteousness shows that he is righteous.

Now who are the righteous?

Tong
R2579

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does one keep the commandments of God?

Tong
R2568

Because one has been born again, no longer pursuing the lusts of the flesh.

Romans 8
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right.

And that’s the point in scriptures. Not the other way around, the view that the practicing of righteousness or the doing of righteous works makes one righteous. Rather, he who practices righteousness shows that he is righteous.

Tong
R2579
The true reborn believer of course.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That’s right.

The true reborn believer of course.
And why do you say they are the righteous?

Tong
R2589