• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul said...

"""I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."""

Lets deal with this verse.
Im going to teach it, so that you can see it.

"So then with the MIND, i serve the law of God".

What is the Law of God? The Law of God is righteousness.
And How do we transgress against the Law?
= SINNING.
So, Paul is saying, ""with my Mind, i know to do right, and i know what doing right, (living holy) is all about.
But with my flesh, i instead serve the law of sin."""

What is the law of sin? This is sin's dominion over a person whereby the Law defines them as a sinner and their deeds as SIN, and causes them to sin.
"The power of SIN = is the LAW".
The Law owns your flesh, and it will use your flesh to make you sin.
It will overpower your ability to resist = make you sin.

Reader...Have you ever had such a strong desire to sin, and you tried to stop, and you put it off, and delayed it, and resisted it, and it kept bugging you, and you finally did it......again?
Then you cry, confess, repent, and 3 days later that same sinful desire is back....and you can't make this STOP.
This is "SIN CONSCIOUSNESS"
The LAW is enflaming your passion.......the Law is empowering your FLESH to want to sin.
This sin consciousness that is in your head is made stronger and irresistible by the power of the LAW.
That is how the Law works against you, when you STRIVE to stop sinning.

So, what is Paul's cure..? What is Paul's way out of this > "i do what i would not do, and what i would do, that i dont do".

Its a matter of right believing that leads you out of the flesh and out of the control of the Law, (dominion of the Law) and into the place of REST which is God's peace and Grace. (same thing). = freedom from sinning.
Paul continues to explain that the Law IS the Power of sin. People are the sinners but the Law is the POWER of sin.
Think on that, because you have to grab that very important concept to begin to get out of the Law's dominion.

So, when Paul was striving against his flesh, by his WILL, by his WILL POWER, (flesh) to stop sinning, he sinned MORE and MORE....and was lost in this....helpless.
He teaches us that, "the law" inflames the passions. It causes you to want more SIN when you try to stop sinning with your FLESH = will power. = striving against sin.
Paul then teaches how to stop doing that, and when you learn how, you are no longer under the dominion of the Law, but you are now under the dominion of Grace. = free from sinning.

The Law is the authority (dominion) regarding the unbeliever.
Grace is the authority (dominion) for the Born Again = IF you are believing right.

So, what happens to the born again when we try to stop sinning, is a very unusual spiritual principle that Paul learned regarding striving to stop sinning.
He learned that when he by WILL, tried to resist his flesh, his desire to sin, the LAW empowered his flesh to SIN MORE.
This is "the dominion of the Law". And this very situation is why you have this verse..
"Christ has delivered us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".
Now ..
Do you see the curse? Paul discovered it. Its that the Law's dominion causes you to sin, if you try to stop sinning by striving to stop by will power. (flesh).
This is the #1 reason why believers can't stop sinning and confessing and repenting = Failed discipleship.
They have "sin consciousness", sin in their head and heart, and they grit their teeth and resist it and strive to not do it and then the dominion of the Law grabs them and causes their flesh and desire to become WORSE, and then they sin again, and again, and again.

So, you have to get away from the dominion of the Law... And that's what Paul teaches, and that is what im teaching on most of my Threads.
= Get away from the dominion of the Law, so that you can stop sinning.
Thats how you stop.
I teach how., same as Paul.

How do you get away from it, so that you can celebrate as Paul did....."Christ always gives me the VICTORY"... = over sin.
How do you get there?
Read my Threads. They will teach you how to get away from the Law.
This is done in your HEAD.
Its a BELIEVING Issue. Its wrong believing, same as Paul had that keeps you sinning, but he resolved this... and later teaches..."if we walk in the Spirit we will not SIN"..."will not commit works of the FLESH".

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law owns your flesh, and it will use your flesh to make you sin.

Just a minor point of correction here...

The law does not make you sin...for it is holy and righteous and good (Romans 7:12)...

But sin takes advantage of the law to make you sin (Romans 7:8, Romans 7:11, Romans 7:13).