Stories of Darfur

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I went to a conference this weekend and a speaker there was a priest/ missionary who has been to Darfur to spread the gospel. He told a few inspiring stories which I think are worth telling--------------------------------------------------------------------------These missionary trips of the catholic church have two stages. The first is the catechism, a class which goes on for towo years to teach people who have never heard the gospel before, about Jesus Christ. And then after those two years there is the baptisms where the people accept Jesus Christ and become christians.There was one village where these two stages just took place and the missionaries left the village. After the missionaries left the arab controlled goverment came and blockaded the city so no food could be brought in. So the villagers slowly starved to in the next 3 months as thier food supply grew nonexistant. Than just as the food was about to run out the goverment came in with wagons full of food and muslim clothing. and one of the goverment officials called a meeting and said " here we have enough food to feed you all but in order to have it you must become muslims and accept a muslim name. well of course the people were hungry so they took the food and became muslims.a few months later the pope came to Darfur. and this village with muslim clothing and muslim names constructed a huge cross and started to take a Journey to see the pope. Some people from other villagers came up to them and said " you can't go marching to the pope with a cross, your muslims." and the villagers responded " Muslim is for food, Jesus is for faith."---------------------------------------------------------------------I love that last line
smile.gif
.I'll share some more later

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've met this missionary who helps sponsor a family that moved to Kenya, and lived in the slums. They adopted 80 orphans, but the government kicked them out of the slums. God settled them in an apartment just outside the slums, literally across the street. Violence broke out a few months later because of rigged presidential elections, and the slums became the battle ground. People in the slums died, but the family was saved because God moved them.