Storytelling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
We are all authors tasked with writing a book. The catch? Each person can only write a few lines at a time. We want the reader to be on the edge of his/her seat and not fast asleep.

Rules:

1. Continue where the poster above you left off
2. Be creative
3. You're still reading rules? you should be brainstorming :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------

Heath was out for a jog one sunny morning in California. Distracted by a passing car, he tripped and fell on something that was on the sidewalk. Curious as to what could have caused him to stumble, he looked behind him and saw that it was...

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
...a tree branch. And even though he was suffering from a concussion, his faithful dog Butler just knew it was an invitation to play fetch! Struggling to get back on his feet...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
he threw the offending branch away and continued on the pace he set, hoping to better his time. A quick sharp whistle and his four-legged companion was happily bounding alongside. Thoughts ran through his head as he began to mentally prioritize his busy schedule for the ...

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
fast-approaching holiday season ahead. Realizing he shoes had become untied, he reached down to re-tie them. As he was securing the loop oh his left shoe, a stray cat caught Butler's attention. Butler, in an excited state, took off after his feline foe and the two animals dashed into a nearby park. Chasing after Butler was of no use, as he was a greyhound who loved to race. After repeatedly calling out to the unruly pup, the cell phone that he pocketed before leaving, rang from his pocket. He answered and..

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
straightened stiffly as the voice on the other end commanded such attention. "Yes okay", he answered rather abruptly, "I'll be there in a hour". Placing the phone back in his pocket, Heath began to continue on his jog. "Where is that darn dog?" he thought. Another sharp whistle brought the easily distracted pooch once again to his masters side. Suddenly....

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
...a van drove up and a man inside said "An hour is not soon enough. This matter needs your attention now. Get in and I'll brief you on the way." As Heath climbed into the van, he realized...

(What can I say...I just finished a political novel.
smilie_girl_120.gif
)

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
his dog was still on the sidewalk and the van was racing away leaving Butler behind. He looked back and saw that Butler was chasing them with all his mighty speed. He told the driver to stop to pick up his dog and the driver replied.......

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Got it covered". Looking back, Heath could see a black colored sedan slow down behind them. A big burly man with a mexi-stach, picked Butler up and unceremoniously dropped him in the backseat. With that now out of his mind, Heath began to prepare himself for the impending meeting ahead. How was he going to approach this...

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
situation? He had the solution but would they listen?

Heath knew Kurt was never much to heed advice on the front end, and indeed had an uncanny ability to...

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
make even the most highly respected men, leave the conference room feeling as though they had a single-digit IQ. "One thing's for sure" he thought, "I'd better have all my ducks in row, or the only trace of dignity I will have left, will be in the office dictionary I borrowed last week". He wiped his brow of the light dew that had accumulated, while he paced in the poorly-lit hallway. Just as he extended his hand to reach for the doorknob, a hand tapped him on the shoulder. He..

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...was so engaged in his thoughts that he did not immediately respond, which irritated his sister in-law immensely. "Surely you are not going to the meeting like that?" she remarked. Heath was suddenly aware of his sweats and joggers and instantly retorted nonchalantly, "If my brother cannot wait, for an hour, he can take me how he finds me." Amanda was....

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
aware of how crucial this particular meeting was for Heath, and replied "Here, take this" as she reached into her purse. "That's two-hundred dollars, and the keys to my car. Go and buy something presentable from the men's shop about a mile up the road, while I go talk to my stubborn husband" she said, while easing the door open. Heath quickly left the building, located Amanda's car, and arrived at the Men's shop. He hurried out of the store, only to find an empty spot where he parked Amanda's car. "Oh no!" he thought, as he glanced at the "no parking" sign on the road. In a panic,..

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
he grabbed his cell phone and called Amanda. After explaining the situation to her, Amanda said "Just grab a cab and get back here! I'll take care of the car, but you owe me BIG TIME...And it will be an even bigger debt if anyone took my..."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
signed copy of, "The Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Paulo Freire in the glove compartment. He rolled his eyes heavenward. Just then, the phone went dead, which indicated Amanda's departure. Heath was about to hail a cab when he heard a familiar voice behind him saying, "so, now you have become a mannequin for Armani? you certainly live a colorful life Heath." He turned and...

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
lunged happily toward his high school buddy Andy, whom he hadn't seen in several years. "Wow, it's been a while" Heath said, while grinning. "Tell me about it" Andy replied, while leaning against a restored Trans-am. "You know what I will, while you drive your best buddy up the road?" Heath said, in an unsure voice. "Why not" Andy answered.

The heavy traffic gave them enough time to catch up and soon after, they arrived at the office building. Heath thanked Andy and as he walked into the building, he took a deep breath and opened the door..

"Surprise!" a group of 20 yelled, while throwing confetti. Butler excitedly greeted him at the door. Heath's eyes shifted to someone who was carrying a cake. "Andy!?" Heath said. "You didn't think I would miss my best buddy's 30th Birthday did ya?" his friend Andy replied. Heath looked at the large calendar on the back wall. He was so preoccupied with his hectic schedule that he'd forgotten what day it was. "My Birthday!" Heath shouted. Just then, Kurt walked over and said " I apologize for all the chaos today, I figured what better time to give my brother a raise and two-week paid vacation, than on his birthday?" as he handed Heath the paperwork.

Heath smiled and hugged his brother before rejoining the party. Heath learned a valuable lesson that day, to always make time for the things and people in life that matter the most. And he spent the next two-weeks doing just that.

The End. :p