STRANGE FIRE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Strange fire

Strange or unauthorised fire - I was thinking last night about one of the threads on the site about fakes and counterfeits and I thought of the men and women of God of old who carried the true fire and passed it on down through the generations - men like Spurgeon, Tozer, Wigglesworth and their like. That true flame still burns brightly.

But there are also those like Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith, Ellen G White and others as well as those who were active in establishing the Catholic church who have carried unauthorized fire.

As these verses say those who follow their false teaching have no inheritance.

Numbers 26:60-62 NIV
Aaron was the father of Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. But Nadab and Abihu died when they made an offering before the Lord with unauthorized fire.)
All the male Levites a month old or more numbered 23,000. They were not counted along with the other Israelites because they received no inheritance among them.

Numbers 26:60-62 KJV
And unto Aaron was born Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the Lord.
And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If these men went against what God and they surely did let us look at what is God's fire.
Hebrews 12:27-29
For our God is a consuming fire.

According to Merriam - Webster CONSUMING means deeply felt or ardent, gripping, arresting,engaging intriguing, riveting.

I always thought it meant to do away with, to destroy and the word consume does mean this.
However consuming means deeply felt or a strong emotion.

So God is a gripping fire, an arresting fire, a fire that engages. It is riveting and intriguing. It fires up our souls,hearts and minds for God !

Sister Pearl, let us not lose this interesting thread on strange fire but rather let us explore the fire of God and what he says is not of him but is STRANGE.

Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If these men went against what God and they surely did let us look at what is God's fire.
Hebrews 12:27-29
For our God is a consuming fire.

According to Merriam - Webster CONSUMING means deeply felt or ardent, gripping, arresting,engaging intriguing, riveting.

I always thought it meant to do away with, to destroy and the word consume does mean this.
However consuming means deeply felt or a strong emotion.

So God is a gripping fire, an arresting fire, a fire that engages. It is riveting and intriguing. It fires up our souls,hearts and minds for God !

Sister Pearl, let us not lose this interesting thread on strange fire but rather let us explore the fire of God and what he says is not of him but is STRANGE.

Thank you.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d I think the subject all revolves around prayer and the Scriptures in our lives.............

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The strange fire that Aarons sons offered was done within themselves. God had not commanded them to do so..
They were not sanctified to go before the Lord at this time, after God had just commanded a ceremony in which the GLORY OF THE LORD had appeared unto the people who shouted and fell on their faces before him.
Leviticus 10. Aarons sons were out of his will. They were carried out an buried beyond the sanctuary as well.

Folks need to get wise today and realise all this hoop la about man's thoughts, theologies, doctrines, interpertations, and foolishness needs to be done away with on a personal level and pray that the FIRE he has prepared for the devil, his fallen angels and all unbeliers does not consume them.

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The strange fire that Aarons sons offered was done within themselves. God had not commanded them to do so..
They were not sanctified to go before the Lord at this time, after God had just commanded a ceremony in which the GLORY OF THE LORD had appeared unto the people who shouted and fell on their faces before him.
Leviticus 10. Aarons sons were out of his will. They were carried out an buried beyond the sanctuary as well.

Folks need to get wise today and realise all this hoop la about man's thoughts, theologies, doctrines, interpertations, and foolishness needs to done away with on a personal level and pray that the FIRE he has prepared for the devil, his fallen angels and all unbeliers does not consume them.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Sometimes a lot of words can amount to strange fire also.....

Proverbs 10:19: "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Strange fire

Strange or unauthorised fire - I was thinking last night about one of the threads on the site about fakes and counterfeits and I thought of the men and women of God of old who carried the true fire and passed it on down through the generations - men like Spurgeon, Tozer, Wigglesworth and their like. That true flame still burns brightly.

But there are also those like Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith, Ellen G White and others as well as those who were active in establishing the Catholic church who have carried unauthorized fire.

Aaron was the father of Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. But Nadab and Abihu died when they made an offering before the Lord with unauthorized fire.)
All the male Levites a month old or more numbered 23,000. They were not counted along with the other Israelites because they received no inheritance among them.

And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.

All is not as it seems Pearl. I guess it is no wonder Paul tells us to let God do the determining. What often appears as black and white to men is not necessarily black and white to God.

If there is any determining factor for us it is knowing them by their fruits. And what are 'fruits' ? This is what I read in Galatians 5:22-23 'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.'

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Strange fire

When the Holy Spirit first came upon the followers of Jesus he came as tongues of fire.

Do any of the cults have that same fire from the Holy Spirit?

I don't think so because the Holy Spirit will only come to those who follow the true gospel.

So the cults lack that power, the authority and the grace of God.

They may know about God, they may know scripture but they do not know the power of the Spirit so therefore they can't know God personally.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the Holy Spirit first came upon the followers of Jesus he came as tongues of fire.

I don't think so because the Holy Spirit will only come to those who follow the true gospel.

They may know about God, they may know scripture but they do not know the power of the Spirit so therefore they can't know God personally.

Me thinks that you are out of order and being very judgemental. Please consult your bathroom mirror before you continue.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We can be certain that what many call 'manifestations of the spirit' are clever or not so clever counterfeits.
Men are enthralled with 'magic' phenomena. The religious are quick attribute it to God.
What sitting ducks men are!.....and why is that? Could it have something to do with refusing the truth under the guise of worshipping it?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fire was strange, because the incense of the fire was made contrary to the ordinance for making it.

Strange fire is any zeal, that is by one's own faith contrary to Scripture, especially when it comes to ministering it to others.

I bear them record, that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange fire

Under Christ Jesus, it comes down to our works based on our Faith.

1 Cor 3:11-15
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Under Christ Jesus, it comes down to our works based on our Faith.

1 Cor 3:11-15
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV
What it comes down to is those who are following the carriers of the authorised fire or those who are following the carriers of the unauthorised/strange fire. i.e. the true gospel or the false gospel.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My impression is that Aaron's sons wanted to share in the glory. I think pride and envy about sum up what leads us into sin. It's all about taking something you don't actually have. Cults want the trappings of religion without accountability to God, and so they miss out on the true relationship.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have book called 'Carriers of the Fire' about the women who continued to carry the fire of the Holy Spirit into the mines and their communities after the Welsh revival of 1904. It was that thought - carriers of the true fire - that made me think of 'strange fire' as the opposite. There are many today who still carry the true fire of the full gospel and there are also those who are carrying 'strange' fire, in that it is a false gospel. And I dare say you can differentiate between the two as you have the gift of discernment as well as knowing the truth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it comes down to is those who are following the carriers of the authorised fire or those who are following the carriers of the unauthorised/strange fire. i.e. the true gospel or the false gospel.
Yeah..., which is basically what the Scripture I posted shows.