Study the Bible for Truth's Sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.

A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Mankind, not just a man, was created in Gen 1.

I would hope that if you don't agree with me, you would give scripture why, and on the other hand I will point out why I believe the way I do. We just need to present it in a civil way.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC,
First, there is only ONE preacher in God's holy church,and it's him, the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit. a preacher the human vessel is just that a vessel that the Lord Jesus speak through.
second, a day in Genesis 1 is not a literal 24hr solar day, you're correct. and something to throw in, man was not formed on day 6, but on day 3.

and oh I was going to respond to another one of you post but i didn't see an other response from the 5th, but I'll respond to that one also.
and lastly, which should have been first, welcome to the site.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A day in Gen 1 is not a 24 hour day, for that matter it is not a 24 hour day in Gen 2.

Are you reading into scripture ideas you have adopted or are you reading out of scripture what it says.

I cannot see how one can read out of the Bible that genesis 1+2 is anything but days of 24 hours.

Reactions: marksman

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reading into scripture ideas you have adopted or are you reading out of scripture what it says.

I cannot see how one can read out of the Bible that genesis 1+2 is anything but days of 24 hours.
not saying to argue, but consider this. if a day is a 24hr Solar day, the sun was not made until ... day 4. scripture,
Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (did you see thast?)

Genesis 1:15 "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:16 "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Genesis 1:17 "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Genesis 1:18 "And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:19 "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

see days, are solar days, notice the "s" at the end of "DAYS". just from reading it, one can see it's more than one day. now that the earth is rotating.

PICJAG

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I just assumed that anybody that could preach knew God's Word. I no longer believe that since they are generally told what and how to preach according the church doctrine. Those that didn't would lose there licence.

I never had a licence but I have learned a lot. I am going to point out one by one what I have found. You may want to make your remarks, and if they agree with what I found, then great. If not, I will try to point why I believe the way I do.

I would hope that if you don't agree with me, you would give scripture why, and on the other hand I will point out why I believe the way I do. We just need to present it in a civil way.
It absolutely is a 24 hour day. "The Meaning of Yom in Genesis 1:5" by David C Taylor, Jr

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With all due respect, looks like you have learned nothing. God already anticipated the naysayers (like yourself) therefore He embedded these verses in Scripture:

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

In case you are not aware, the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset. Hence "evening".

Actually, one man and one woman were created on the sixth day. But Adam and Eve in fact represented mankind, since all of mankind has descended from these two.

Seems like you should keep studying and learning.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC,
First, there is only ONE preacher in God's holy church,and it's him, the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit. a preacher the human vessel is just that a vessel that the Lord Jesus speak through.
second, a day in Genesis 1 is not a literal 24hr solar day, you're correct. and something to throw in, man was not formed on day 6, but on day 3.

and oh I was going to respond to another one of you post but i didn't see an other response from the 5th, but I'll respond to that one also.
and lastly, which should have been first, welcome to the site.

PICJAG.

Most preachers in the church today get their Sunday message from their denominational headquarters. Most pastors don't even take the time to prepare one.

Reactions: Waiting on him

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, looks like you have learned nothing. God already anticipated the naysayers (like yourself) therefore He embedded these verses in Scripture:

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

In case you are not aware, the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset. Hence "evening".

Actually, one man and one woman were created on the sixth day. But Adam and Eve in fact represented mankind, since all of mankind has descended from these two.

Seems like you should keep studying and learning.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day are we in now?

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
All this happened in one 24 hr day?

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
The living creatures reproduced in one day?

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

"Thousand" in Hebrew means an unknown number.

Where does it say? "And the evening and the morning were the seventh day" No where because we are still in the seventh day.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day are we in now?
7 + however many days there were after the creation week.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
All this happened in one 24 hr day?
Yes

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
The living creatures reproduced in one day?
Where does it say anything about reproduction happening?

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

"Thousand" in Hebrew means an unknown number.
One problem, that verse wasn't written in Hebrew so that is not even relevant, though I doubt that is even true with regard to the Hebrew, I'd have to look it up.

Where does it say? "And the evening and the morning were the seventh day" No where because we are still in the seventh day.
No. It speaks about the seventh day having already happened, Exodus confirms this as well.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are correct.....and if you really want to gain even deeper understanding then study the 3 earth ages.....we are currently living in the 2nd earth age and the 3rd one is when He creates the New Jerusalem...the New Heaven and New Earth...

God did not start measuring time as we now know it until the 4th day....
Dinosaur bones date around 66 million years old...that is quite a gap! The earth itself is millions and millions of years old..

The 7th day was His day of rest and He is still in that day....(according to God's time, not ours)....I am on your side....lol. And there are scriptures to support it as well.....Good to know that you are able to seek knowledge, understanding and wisdom and TRUTH!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm what church you been at i preach what God gives me NOT man

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most preachers in the church today get their Sunday message from their denominational headquarters. Most pastors don't even take the time to prepare one.
they do ??? the preachers i know gets the message from the Lord and is directed to the scriptures to study ..what church you been at ?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are gonna have to be a little more specific because Scripture says no such thing.
Genesis 14
14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Genesis 1:14–19, NKJV)

Here is when we see the sun and moon created and that they would be the way we measure a day, a year, a season, and a sign.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 14
14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Genesis 1:14–19, NKJV)

Here is when we see the sun and moon created and that they would be the way we measure a day, a year, a season, and a sign.
That doesn't meet the criteria of what you said. You said day 4 is when GOD started measuring time the way we do. Yet that is not what Scripture says. It says evening and morning were the FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD days before the fourth.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't meet the criteria of what you said. You said day 4 is when GOD started measuring time the way we do. Yet that is not what Scripture says. It says evening and morning were the FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD days before the fourth.
I don't have the time to argue what a day is to God and what a day is to man........just don't be ignorant about the fact that the earth is very very old in man's years.....millions and millions.....dinosaurs as well are very very old......millions of years old. Mankind is only a few thousand years old.