Suffering In Serving God ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Why is it when coming to God, life becomes harder, ever since I came to God in faith and excepted Jesus as Lord and saviour, so many trials and tests have come upon me, the world is harder against me.. I've lost friends.. and it's a real bitter end of the stick.. Will things change and get easier? Or is this dicipline continual from God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi

Why is it when coming to God, life becomes harder, ever since I came to God in faith and excepted Jesus as Lord and saviour, so many trials and tests have come upon me, the world is harder against me.. I've lost friends.. and it's a real bitter end of the stick.. Will things change and get easier? Or is this dicipline continual from God.

These difficulties are meant to drive the brothers together. The world hates the people of God.

Then there is the issue of surrender. The more we struggle to survive as we have always known life to be...the more painful the process of death to this world. Once we are dead to this world...things get a lot easier. :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And...………. It may surprise you, but a lot of that hassle will come — not from God — but very definitely, from "the church."

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi

If you have an unfit body and the system you're in promotes it, making a decision to become fit will require all sorts of hard work and resistance from the system.

Satan does not give up his erewhile subjects without a continual fight. We are however promised strength to persevere. Jesus says, stay connected to the vine. Connection is not a set it and forget it affair, it is a daily, nay hourly renewal of our commitment by asking for wisdom and strength, for direction and discernment, for protection and the ability to love those opposed to us. It is keeping that life giving sap from the roots to reach to the extremities of the tenderest branch.