Suicide: A guaranteed direct ticket to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brian Thomas

Sep 2, 2017
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 7 suicides in the Bible and All were spiritual failures. It is the ultimate act of UNBELIEF and disowning God and leads to loss of salvation as these passages clearly warn us about.

Matthew 10:33 NIV
[33] But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Matthew 24:13 NIV
[13] but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Luke 8:13 NIV
[13] Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.
Luke 14:29-30 NIV
[29] For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, [30] saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'

Romans 11:20-22 NIV
[20] Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. [21] For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. [22] Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV
[16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

1 Corinthians 15:2 NIV
[2] By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Hebrews 10:37-39 NIV
[37] For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. [38] But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." [39] But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Hebrews 3:14-15,18-19 NIV
[14] We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. [15] As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." [18] And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ? [19] So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Hebrews 3:6 NIV
[6] But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

1 Timothy 1:19 NIV
[19] holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV
[7] I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. [8] Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day---and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2 Timothy 2:5 NIV
[5] Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules.

1 John 2:24-25 NIV
[24] See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. [25] And this is what he promised us---even eternal life.

Revelation 2:11 NIV
[11] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 2:10 NIV
[10] Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 21:8 NIV
[8] But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars---their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

FizzWizz

Sep 1, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are 7 suicides in the Bible and All were spiritual failures. It is the ultimate act of UNBELIEF and disowning God and leads to loss of salvation as these passages clearly warn us about.

Matthew 10:33 NIV
[33] But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Matthew 24:13 NIV
[13] but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Luke 8:13 NIV
[13] Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.
Luke 14:29-30 NIV
[29] For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, [30] saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'

Romans 11:20-22 NIV
[20] Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. [21] For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. [22] Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV
[16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

1 Corinthians 15:2 NIV
[2] By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Hebrews 10:37-39 NIV
[37] For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. [38] But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." [39] But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Hebrews 3:14-15,18-19 NIV
[14] We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. [15] As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." [18] And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ? [19] So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Hebrews 3:6 NIV
[6] But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

1 Timothy 1:19 NIV
[19] holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV
[7] I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. [8] Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day---and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2 Timothy 2:5 NIV
[5] Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules.

1 John 2:24-25 NIV
[24] See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. [25] And this is what he promised us---even eternal life.

Revelation 2:11 NIV
[11] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 2:10 NIV
[10] Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 21:8 NIV
[8] But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars---their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
None of those verses point out that suicide leads to hell, but It's your belief in the end. Look everyone has different beliefs and you might find that alot of people won't share those ideas. I can't judge you here, but you really need to be sure by Gods understanding on this and not your own.

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Shame you can't quote verses in context.
You obviously believe a believer can lose their salvation.

What say you about a believer who has unconfessed sin before they die?

Reactions: prashanthd

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I do not believe that at all.
I have been at the end with two different godly men. ( about 10 years apart)
Both wonderful preachers.
BOTH had been convinced by the devil that they had committed the unpardonable sin. It was total rubbish, they were both sad and depressed...( and with good reason..too long to write here)
One we took into our home...but could not get the voices of the enemy out of his head. We talked and prayed for hours. Took away pills, took away a gun..but knew he would do it. Even showing him the mercy and grace of God..how David has Uriah killed so he could take his wife , and also had committed adultery ( much worse than either of these men had done!!) ...but nothing could shake it off this man.
The other man also believed he was long passed God's mercy..the Devil is a perfect LIAR. This man at the end could not swallow food or even drink..the devils had him bound..we could not get him free. ( the trick of the devil was to tell them that they deserved hell)

Yes, they both died ..I know 100% that we will see these men in heaven.
I quite expect to see poor old King Saul too.
And for sure Judas will be there. Both who committed suicide.

Just saying....

Reactions: Willie T

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that is a "guaranteed direct ticket to hell" is an impure heart filled with corruption.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that is a "guaranteed direct ticket to hell" is an impure heart filled with corruption.

And blaspheming the holy spirit, and taking the mark of the beast, and worshiping his image.

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would say firstly that suicide is ok.
People who choose this route to me have severe mental issues. If that is the case they cannot reason.

People please note that believers can suffer with severe mental issues.

As ByGrace said Satan can have a field day with believers and he gives everything he has to accomplish his goals. He is the master of lies and deceit.
If for some reason you cannot see then you are not being deceived but believing what you think is true.

Believers can also have severe mental issues due to severe negative life experiences.

I know I was one of them. He used his deceit and my experiences against me as well. I won't go into them but I was on the verge of killing myself.

The lie was along the lines off "If God really loved you why did he allow this and that to happen to you, you say you believe but don't act like you do, that being the case you don't really believe therefore your committing the unforgivable sin, why not end it all?

I was going through all this. I got to the stage where I prayed "God kill me tonight then at least I know where I am going heaven or hell. I have had enough of the hell I am living here on earth, I know you will take care of my WIFE AND 4 KIDS"

I had even planned by method. Leave for work very early, over a bridge jerk the wheel then it's done.

That's it in a nutshell.

What I find intersting is that those who say suicides go to hell is because they are committing murder. My assumption is that they take it from the 6th Commandment "You shall not murder"

The last six Commandments specify our behavior towards other people:

5. Honor your father and your mother. . . .
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet . . . anything that is your neighbor’s.

Notice that with the exception of the sixth commandment, you can not do them to yourself. This makes sense when you realize that the book of Exodus is one of the books of “The Law.” That is, it primarily defines civil laws—the type of laws that would be tried in a court today. Therefore, applying such laws “against yourself” makes no sense. You would find the same concept in other areas of the Bible—murder applies to killing other people, not yourself.

Why God rescued me ans not someone else I have no idea.

Part of me thinks because knows everything, because he is loving and kind then maybe he knows and says

"I am going to allow this to happen because you need to come home now"

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 6:28-29

28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Romans 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Really? Care to explain?

o

To me the unforgivable sin is to reject Jesus atonement for sin and reconciliation to the Father.

What I think is that if a person who rejects Jesus has no desire to be like Jesus would not worry about parts of their heart that are stoney, therefore before God their heart is impure.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the unforgivable sin is to reject Jesus atonement for sin and reconciliation to the Father.

What I think is that if a person who rejects Jesus has no desire to be like Jesus would not worry about parts of their heart that are stoney, therefore before God there heart is impure.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when we attribute the works of the Spirit to that of demons.

Mark 3
30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

That is my understanding of the unforgivable sin.

o

Reactions: Helen and Dcopymope

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when we attribute the works of the Spirit to that of demons.

Mark 3
30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

That is my understanding of the unforgivable sin.

o
Thanks for repsonding.

I see what you are saying.
But can a true believer today fall foul of that?
Would they attribute a supernatural event to demons?

The first time I heard tongues to be honest I thought it was not of God.
Therefore by implication if it is not of God then it must be evil.

Now my early church experiences were staid Anglican. So hearing tongues was a weird thing and I didn't get it. However I never said that it was Satanic.

I just didn't get it because I was never exposed to it.

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is more than one particular sin; it is a continuous state of being. The religious leaders were constantly attributing the works of Christ through the Holy Spirit, to the devil. This revealed the evil condition of their hearts.

Can a true believer, whose salvation is eternally secure in Christ, still be guilty of blaspheming the Holy Spirit?

I would say no. Because I think the meaning of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as is a willful, determined opposition to the present power of the Holy Spirit. And Christians cannot commit that kind of sin. They don’t have a willful opposition to Jesus.

Christians can commit all kinds of sin, but a Christian will hate it and they repent from it. They feel bad about it. They turn to God for fresh forgiveness. So to me a Christian cannot commit what Jesus calls blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

So to me the unforgivable sin is to continually reject Jesus.

When Jesus hung on that cross he said "Father forgive them for they don't know what they are doing"

The very people who called for his cruxifiction and those who crucified him he prays to the Father forgive them.

Jesus here is talking to the Pharisees

Their problem was not blind ignorance, but willful rejection. The deliberate and conscious refusal to believe, even though knowing the truth, seems to me to be what Jesus called the unforgivable sin.”

I don't believe a follower of Jesus can fall foul of that, even if they don't understand the supernatural works we see today.

Bill

Reactions: tabletalk

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to me the unforgivable sin is to continually reject Jesus.

How long does an individual have to continually reject Jesus before it is accounted to him as Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Days? Months? Years?

o

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who attempt suicide are desperate, not arrogant or rebellious. Can't see God damning anyone in such a state of despair. It is never the answer - a permenant solution to a temporary problem is the perfect description, but God loves those who are hurting

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How long does an individual have to continually reject Jesus before it is accounted to him as Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Days? Months? Years?

o
It seems to me we are talking about 2 different things.

You say blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to attribute the works of the Holy Spirit to demons and therefore unforgivable and I am saying the only unforgivable sin is to reject Jesus.

Maybe the two are the same.

Let's think about Paul. Persecuted Christian's and as a Pharisee is it possible he blasphemed the Holy Spirit? Rejected Jesus and sought to kill believers as result.

I can't answer your question with regards to time.
I can't judge a persons heart only Jesus can do that.

Reactions: bbyrd009