Suicide; The Unforgivable Sin Against The Body = I Samuel 31;4-6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

*** Saul:

I Samuel 31;4-6

Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

II Samuel 1:5-10

And David said unto the young man that told him, How knowest thou that Saul and Jonathan his son be dead? And the young man that told him said, As I happened by chance upon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned upon his spear; and, lo, the chariots and horsemen followed hard after him. And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called unto me. And I answered, Here am I. And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite. He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me. So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord.

*** Ahithophel:

II Samuel 17:1

Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:

II Samuel 17: 6-7

And when Hushai was come to Absalom, Absalom spake unto him, saying, Ahithophel hath spoken after this manner: shall we do after his saying? If not; speak thou. And Hushai said unto Absalom, The counsel that Ahithophel hath given is not good at this time.

II Samuel 17:14

And Absalom and all the men of Israel said, The counsel of Hushai the Archite is better than the counsel of Ahithophel. For the LORD had appointed to defeat the good counsel of Ahithophel, to the intent that the LORD might bring evil upon Absalom.

II Samuel 17:23

And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father.

*** Zimri:

I Kings 16:10

And Zimri went in and smote him, and killed him, in the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah, and reigned in his stead.

I Kings 16:15-18

In the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah did Zimri reign seven days in Tirzah. And the people were encamped against Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines. And the people that were encamped heard say, Zimri hath conspired, and hath also slain the king: wherefore all Israel made Omri, the captain of the host, king over Israel that day in the camp. And Omri went up from Gibbethon, and all Israel with him, and they besieged Tirzah. And it came to pass, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died.

*** Judas Iscariot:

Matthew 27:3-5

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? See thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Acts 1:16-19

Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

AMEN

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its important to note that death itself is not sin. It is through  desire that sin becomes manifest. It is un-likely that the people in these stories desire to kill themselves for personal gain as their would be nothing to gain once your dead. The realm of death needs to be seen in a positive view, one that complements the realm of god itself. For example, baptism and water are symbolic for death, and the reason we undergo this ritual is to symbolise the death of our old life (in the water) and the birth of a new (out of the water).

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a poor, tormented, broken, soul that has had a horrible life commits suicide at a young age and then our all-powerful, all-loving, creator puts them in a torture chamber where the poor soul is tortured day and night without reprieve forever, and ever, and ever!

Amen.

Those that believe that nonsense don't know God.

1 John 4:7-21 esv

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. Yes it's in the murder category. Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. You must have holy spirit and full knowledge to committ the unforgivable sin. Matthew 10:20. For it is not ye that speak, but the spirt of your Father which speaks in you. Gods Elect understand this. Some people have spirit of stupor and wont understand this. Why won't you spell it out. I can't. It's a secret. Like Samson had a secret, and his enemies found out. Samson confided in delilah and it destroyed him. Get the picture. Gods Elect have destiny and the enemy can't know. God can reveal the answer to a true brethren, if the person prays, and Sincerely asks God. If Jesus doesn't, theirs reason why. Acts 2:17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God. I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh: and your son's and daughters shall prophesy. Half of this cane to pass. Its studying the bible and planting seeds for God. The other half is near future. Different objective. Only Jesus can give the holy spirit, and reveal the mystery of God. Again, some people have spirit of slumber. Suicide, Jesus is the judge. On judgement day, it's up to Jesus what happens to the person who took their own life.

Reactions: David in NJ

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. Yes it's in the murder category. Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. You must have holy spirit and full knowledge to committ the unforgivable sin. Matthew 10:20. For it is not ye that speak, but the spirt of your Father which speaks in you. Gods Elect understand this. Some people have spirit of stupor and wont understand this. Why won't you spell it out. I can't. It's a secret. Like Samson had a secret, and his enemies found out. Samson confided in delilah and it destroyed him. Get the picture. Gods Elect have destiny and the enemy can't know. God can reveal the answer to a true brethren, if the person prays, and Sincerely asks God. If Jesus doesn't, theirs reason why. Acts 2:17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God. I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh: and your son's and daughters shall prophesy. Half of this cane to pass. Its studying the bible and planting seeds for God. The other half is near future. Different objective. Only Jesus can give the holy spirit, and reveal the mystery of God. Again, some people have spirit of slumber. Suicide, Jesus is the judge. On judgement day, it's up to Jesus what happens to the person who took their own life.
Those who posses life and do not shine it out ways, are those who keep secrets in the dark. It is you who are darkness.

Mt 5:15: "No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house."

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

*** Saul:

I Samuel 31;4-6

Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

II Samuel 1:5-10

And David said unto the young man that told him, How knowest thou that Saul and Jonathan his son be dead? And the young man that told him said, As I happened by chance upon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned upon his spear; and, lo, the chariots and horsemen followed hard after him. And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called unto me. And I answered, Here am I. And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite. He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me. So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord.

*** Ahithophel:

II Samuel 17:1

Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:

II Samuel 17: 6-7

And when Hushai was come to Absalom, Absalom spake unto him, saying, Ahithophel hath spoken after this manner: shall we do after his saying? If not; speak thou. And Hushai said unto Absalom, The counsel that Ahithophel hath given is not good at this time.

II Samuel 17:14

And Absalom and all the men of Israel said, The counsel of Hushai the Archite is better than the counsel of Ahithophel. For the LORD had appointed to defeat the good counsel of Ahithophel, to the intent that the LORD might bring evil upon Absalom.

II Samuel 17:23

And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father.

*** Zimri:

I Kings 16:10

And Zimri went in and smote him, and killed him, in the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah, and reigned in his stead.

I Kings 16:15-18

In the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah did Zimri reign seven days in Tirzah. And the people were encamped against Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines. And the people that were encamped heard say, Zimri hath conspired, and hath also slain the king: wherefore all Israel made Omri, the captain of the host, king over Israel that day in the camp. And Omri went up from Gibbethon, and all Israel with him, and they besieged Tirzah. And it came to pass, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died.

*** Judas Iscariot:

Matthew 27:3-5

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? See thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Acts 1:16-19

Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

AMEN
May I ask if you have any evidence that it is unforgivable maam?

Reactions: David in NJ

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
poor, tormented, broken, soul that has had a horrible life commits suicide at a young age and then our all-powerful, all-loving, creator puts them in a torture chamber where the poor soul is tortured day and night without reprieve forever, and ever, and ever!
There are many people whose lives are full of misery and despair, but just because there lives are awful does not mean they will be saved.
All we know are two things.
God is Merciful
Salvation is through faith in Jesus.

We do not always know the spiritual state or there relationship with Jesus, we cannot presume to know there eternal fate.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry it does not. Those who have rejected Jesus will be excluded from God's presence.

God's word:

1 Timothy 4:10 esv
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God send people to hell because they died from cancer???

People are sent to Hell for correction and refinement, not so they can be "eternally" tortured. What purpose would that serve? And do you really believe that our all powerful, all merciful creator would do that? Would you? There is punishment in Hell but it's a corrective punishment that purifies and restores the soul to perfection. Followers of Christ also get refined but they refine themselves through belief and then Jesus finishes the transformation upon the believer's death.

1 John 3:3 esv
And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are sent to Hell for correction and refinement, not so they can be "eternally" tortured. What purpose would that serve? And do you really believe that our all powerful, all merciful creator would do that? Would you? There is punishment in Hell but it's a corrective punishment that purifies and restores the soul to perfection. Followers of Christ also get refined but they refine themselves through belief and then Jesus finishes the transformation upon the believer's death.

1 John 3:3 esv
And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
The question was made as a point to refute as opposed to ask.

1 John 3:1-3 is one of my most favorite

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question was made as a point to refute as opposed to ask.

1 John 3:1-3 is one of my most favorite
I understand. I responded to your post because I saw that you "liked" the post of another that claims that God rejects those that don't accept Christ. While that is true, the outcast does not remain an outcast.

2 Samuel 14:4 We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. I responded to your post because I saw that you "liked" the post of another that claims that God rejects those that don't accept Christ. While that is true, the outcast does not remain an outcast.

2 Samuel 14:4 We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.
Thank you for the scripture = i will investigate.

• Love
Reactions: Patrick1966

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Echad is the Hebrew word for one, but more precisely it means a single entity but made up of more than one part.

Deut 6:4 - Yahweh Elohenu(Rulers/Divine Beings) Yahweh Echad(unified one)

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become echad(unified one) flesh.
Genesis 2:4

Last edited:

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hell rains on earth. The devil has ruled the physicle domain since he was cast from heaven. And this is because deception is still everywhere in most people. Evil rules by suppressing the sacred masculine, and we can see the manifestations of this through sexual abuse and the sheer fact no one has enough courage to uphold the sword of truth.