Super Bowl Picks Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's my Pre-Playoff pick (could be wildly off, but here goes):

I'll take Tampa Bay vs New England, with New England winning.

Bill Belichick confuses Tom Brady so badly on defense that Brady decides to go into retirement, and considers becoming a sports announcer, LoL.

Anyone else with any guesses? :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bill Belichick confuses Tom Brady so badly on defense that Brady decides to go into retirement, and considers becoming a sports announcer, LoL.

I like the commercials and watching Blind Side tonight. LOL You just spoke Greek though to me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the commercials and watching Blind Side tonight. LOL You just spoke Greek though to me.

Blind Side is great. She had a bunch of great movies, but that one might be her best. :)
Go chalk, KC over Green Bay?

Or Tampa Bay over Buffalo?

KC vs. Green Bay would be the Aaron Rodgers/ Patrick Mahomes "State Farm Insurance Bowl." They'd probably kill us with commercials.

Reactions: Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking about Julia Roberts? She really is a good actress in this

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking about Julia Roberts? She really is a good actress in this

Sandra Bullock. According to Wiki, Julia Roberts turned the part down, and so did Bullock until she actually met the woman the story is based on (i.e. her and Michael Oher), and for a very interesting reason:

Academy Award winner Julia Roberts was originally offered Bullock's role, but turned it down. Bullock initially turned down the starring role three times due to discomfort with portraying a devout Christian. By her own account, Bullock felt she couldn't objectively represent such a person's beliefs on screen. But after a visit with the real Leigh Anne Tuohy, Bullock not only won the role, but also took a pay cut and agreed to receive a percentage of the profits instead.

I'm glad she took the role. I can't see the movie being as good with anyone else.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bullock initially turned down the starring role three times due to discomfort with portraying a devout Christian. By her own account, Bullock felt she couldn't objectively represent such a person's beliefs on screen. But after a visit with the real Leigh Anne Tuohy, Bullock not only won the role, but also took a pay cut and agreed to receive a percentage of the profits instead.

The real Christian family that the movie was about (Husband, Leigh Anne Tuohy, Michael Oher, the daughter, and SJ, who is probably the funniest part of the whole movie). I think Micheal Oher is still playing in the NFL, or at least he still was as of a few years ago.

blins.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it too late to change my New England pick to Buffalo? :p

Good thing I'm not a betting man. I truly don't have any money to lose...
That's how my NCAA Tournament brackets always went. After the first two days, my brackets were completely trashed. Really suspicious how my colleague who ran the pool ended up winning it, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not a chance. NE is down 10 to 40 in the 4th against the Buffalo Bills.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not a chance. NE is down 10 to 47 in the 4th against the Buffalo Bills.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a chance. NE is down 10 to 47 in the 4th against the Buffalo Bills.
My Buffalo pick is looking better and better.

Other than those 4, I can't see anyone else in the field getting in. The Rams were horrible the second half of the season, and Dallas was inconsistent all year. Tennessee is a 1-seed. Overrated?

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a chance. NE is down 10 to 40 in the 4th against the Buffalo Bills.

The Patriots ALWAYS come back. It's like a thing. The game is over, but they're still gonna find a way to come back and win somehow, I just know it. They'll miraculously find 40 points during the night, and Sunday morning the sports shows will all be saying, "Have you ever seen a team do THAT!?" Trust me. It's not over yet. Maybe three years from now they'll find some loophole in the rules and award New England the game in retrospect.
The Rams were horrible the second half of the season

As far as I'm concerned, the Rams can go do a lemming march off a cliff, LoL. If they hadn't blown a 17 point lead last week, my team would be in the playoffs, and then my pick would have been New Orleans Saints 58, entire AFC 0.

Still chapped about the stupid Rams, LoL.

I was actually happy about the Bills, though. Them and the Bengals. Those two fan bases haven't won a thing in decades.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

My guess is the better team on the day will win.