support group..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have been going to a support group off and on for nearly 9 years.
all this time i was told i didnt belong there by my family.
ever since covid i have been there in person only 4 times.
that is not a lot to meet people to get support.
i thnk one of my leaders is sick of me.
jsut when i feel things are revealed to me in general, i feel even further away from people.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of this private Facebook group that might be of benefit to you, lilygrace. I don't know how you feel about Facebook though.

Reactions: lilygrace

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of this private Facebook group that might be of benefit to you, lilygrace. I don't know how you feel about Facebook though.
Every person should ask God. But FB is part of the beast system. They are using AI to track people. They silence free speech. They keep tabs, categorize, catalog people for evil purposes. And they push evil technologies that were developed by the torture of survivors of MK Ultra like myself. I despise them. Aside from that, they make it extremely easy for survivors to be accessed and cued. No matter how supposedly "private/closed" a group is, FB is still the most unsafe place for survivors of SRA/MK.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i have been going to a support group off and on for nearly 9 years.
all this time i was told i didnt belong there by my family.
ever since covid i have been there in person only 4 times.
that is not a lot to meet people to get support.
i thnk one of my leaders is sick of me.
jsut when i feel things are revealed to me in general, i feel even further away from people.
Please respond to your thread so others know that you are still interested to receive support.
I don't know what you are recovering from. If it's alcoholism, then there are many online AA zoom meetings.

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please respond to your thread so others know that you are still interested to receive support.
I don't know what you are recovering from. If it's alcoholism, then there are many online AA zoom meetings.
Our sister isn't recovering from addiction. Maybe she will reply, but I can tell you that much.

Reactions: Invisibilis

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like there was an implication i wasn't responding. Liking a post is a response at least in my opinion. Two members posted in a day from my last response. If you wish to be supportive or offer advice you would.
I don't think joining another support group will help my problem.
Just because a group leader has a negative view doesn't mean she is correct or i should stop working the program.
Facebook would take away anonymity and lead to the possibility of me being charged for slander. Which would make my life worse
It hasn't done me any good really.
I am not the only one who has issues with the person i am talking about.
I could consider joining the other forum posted to glean from and be an encouragement.
So. Thank you.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@lilygrace, may I be allowed to offer the same prayer I offered for Fluffy.

May the Lord include @lilygrace among those who He will draw to Himself, into His loving embrace, such that you can be secure in who you are in Him, knowing His love just for you. May you know His peace that comes from responding to His love just for you and that you grow into the personhood that He intended you to be from the beginning of time as you learn from Him all of the important things about Life in Christ.

Shalom

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel like there was an implication i wasn't responding. Liking a post is a response at least in my opinion. Two members posted in a day from my last response. If you wish to be supportive or offer advice you would.
I don't think joining another support group will help my problem.
Just because a group leader has a negative view doesn't mean she is correct or i should stop working the program.
Facebook would take away anonymity and lead to the possibility of me being charged for slander. Which would make my life worse
It hasn't done me any good really.
I am not the only one who has issues with the person i am talking about.
I could consider joining the other forum posted to glean from and be an encouragement.
So. Thank you.
I am sorry that I did not take notice of the 'likes' as a response.
If it is I whom you have issues with, please spare yourself by placing me in your 'ignore list'.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace, may I be allowed to offer the same prayer I offered for Fluffy.

May the Lord include @lilygrace among those who He will draw to Himself, into His loving embrace, such that you can be secure in who you are in Him, knowing His love just for you. May you know His peace that comes from responding to His love just for you and that you grow into the personhood that He intended you to be from the beginning of time as you learn from Him all of the important things about Life in Christ.

Shalom
thank you. that is kind

Reactions: Lambano

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i appreciate that. i am sorry for not exactly saying much but i was considering and thinking about it.
i need protection from someone knowing my id. it doesnt take long for people to find out what i post. :) hope you are doing well.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry that I did not take notice of the 'likes' as a response.
If it is I whom you have issues with, please spare yourself by placing me in your 'ignore list'.
i dont have an issue with you to ignore you. in my post i acknowledged how someone could define what a response is differently than others.
i try to be mindful and courteous.
you did nothing to be ignored or blocked for. dont worry about it :)

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray that the Lord will provide you with the support you require, @lilygrace . He did this for my sake, sending me to a psychologist who was not what I expected him to be. He's a brother in Christ who just so happens to work in the midst of man's systems which, if we are honest with ourselves, is precisely what He has all of us doing on this earth.

When he started questioning me regarding the past I retorted, "Trust me, you don't want to know. I get that it's difficult to believe." I couldn't argue with our brother's response: "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but you would be surprised as to what I believe. Try me."

So that's what I proceeded to do over the course of many meetings. I didn't by any means tell him everything there is to know, but that wasn't necessary. I told him just enough, and his response shocked me in the way that the Lord never ceases to astonish me. He could tell that I'm a survivor of horrible things, which is why he asked in the first place. He believed my report.

When I write that the Lord provide you with the support you require, this is what I mean by that. Christ sent me to a counselor who knows how the Lord moves, when He moves, and how God deals with His sons and daughters. I pray He will do the same for you.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray that the Lord will provide you with the support you require, @lilygrace . He did this for my sake, sending me to a psychologist who was not what I expected him to be. He's a brother in Christ who just so happens to work in the midst of man's systems which, if we are honest with ourselves, is precisely what He has all of us doing on this earth.

When he started questioning me regarding the past I retorted, "Trust me, you don't want to know. I get that it's difficult to believe." I couldn't argue with our brother's response: "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but you would be surprised as to what I believe. Try me."

So that's what I proceeded to do over the course of many meetings. I didn't by any means tell him everything there is to know, but that wasn't necessary. I told him just enough, and his response shocked me in the way that the Lord never ceases to astonish me. He could tell that I'm a survivor of horrible things, which is why he asked in the first place. He believed my report.

When I write that the Lord provide you with the support you require, this is what I mean by that. Christ sent me to a counselor who knows how the Lord moves, when He moves, and how God deals with His sons and daughters. I pray He will do the same for you.
i do not think it will happen for me.
if it did i would at least know i am not a liar or making things up....