Takes away the sins of the world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been saying that the only thing that condemns a person in this world is un-belief. Jesus paid (attoned) for all the sins of the world when He shed His blood on the cross. Everyone who believes He did are saved.

In the following verses where it says He takes away the sin of the world means exacly that, the whole world. That means all sin has been attoned for by His blood. It makes me wonder why the preachers and teachers are so intent on not sinning and never say that all sins were attoned for. See John 3:18 below.

John 1:29
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
NKJV

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
NKJV

John 4:42
42 Then they said to the woman, "Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."
NKJV

Rom 11:14-15
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
NKJV

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
NKJV

1 Tim 1:15
15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
NKJV

1 John 2:2
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
NKJV

COGTHW

Nov 5, 2016
H. Richard said:
That means all sin has been attoned for by His blood. It makes me wonder why the preachers and teachers are so intent on not sinning and never say that all sins were attoned for.
We have to sin no more.

John 5:14......Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

You gotta be holy,

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOG411 said:
We have to sin no more.

John 5:14......Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

You gotta be holy,

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
A person can not be holy while living in a body of sinful flesh. Why do you believe that salvation is all about what you do, or not do, when the scriptures I posted plainly tell us that all sins of the world were attoned (paid) for on the cross. Do you really think that your scriptures are better than mine?

Jesus came to set men free but the religious want men to be under bondage to sin. Sin that has alreaded been paid for.

But men love their religion.

COGTHW

Nov 5, 2016
H. Richard said:
A person can not be holy while living in a body of sinful flesh. Why do you believe that salvation is all about what you do, or not do, when the scriptures I posted plainly tell us that all sins of the world were attoned (paid) for on the cross. Do you really think that your scriptures are better than mine?

Jesus came to set men free but the religious want men to be under bondage to sin. Sin that has alreaded been paid for.

But men love their religion.
You don't believe the power of God. The Scriptures clearly say you have to be holy. God is holy.

Leviticus 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.

Scriptures say be holy. Even in this body, that is why you need the Holy Ghost, it's not your doing its my Lord and Saviour that keeps you holy.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

That's why my Father words say flee the works of the flesh, that you be holy. You can't be a child of God sinning, saying Jesus died for your sins so it is ok to sin. You and everyone else have to be holy or else you won't see God.

Flee the works of the flesh.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Hallelujah Jesus, you gotta be holy,holy,holy,holy holy unto God.!!

Without holiness you will not see the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 12:14 ...... and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

You gotta be holy for my Father which is in heaven is Holy. Seek for His Spirit to keep you Holy before Him, for He called people unto holiness not to abide in sin.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

You gotta be holy.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't believe the power of God. The Scriptures clearly say you have to be holy. God is holy.
And how does one make oneself holy, it intrigues me that christians think they can fix themselves, mind you all religion does is put the onus on ones self to save ones self, and all the Good works of Christ and Gods plane for mans salvation get tossed out the window. If Jesus really did take away teh sins of teh world, christianity really has a hard time showing it, its teh most spoken of topic.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
And how does one make oneself holy, it intrigues me that christians think they can fix themselves, mind you all religion does is put the onus on ones self to save ones self, and all the Good works of Christ and Gods plane for mans salvation get tossed out the window. If Jesus really did take away teh sins of teh world, christianity really has a hard time showing it, its teh most spoken of topic.
Your right. A person can not make him/her self Holy by what they do or not do. But be of good cheer Jesus has made us Holy in the spirit and we have become the children of God by faith in Jesus' work on the cross.

1 Cor 1:27-31
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God — and righteousness and sanctification and redemption —
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
NKJV

The child of God is righteous, sanctified, and HAS redemption because they have put their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' work on thr cross. In other words it is not about us, it is about what Jesus did on the cross.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
MOG411 said:
You can't be a child of God sinning, saying Jesus died for your sins so it is ok to sin.
Underline: What you're describing is a nonbeliever who is not in Christ, non born again. It sounds to me like you don't believe God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The child of God has been re-born in the spirit. It is the spirit that no longer sins because it has been born of God.

However the sinful flesh has not been born again and still sins (see Romans 7). This is the struggle that the children of God indure.. The sinful flesh says, "see you stil sin and therefore are not saved." You have to save your self by not sinning any longer.

This is the choice, to believe God when He says your sins have all been attoned/paid for on the cross OR to believe those thoughts that Satan puts in your mind and reject what God has done for mankind. Remimber Eve who believed Satan instead of God.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOG411 said:

Leviticus 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.

Scriptures say be holy. Even in this body, that is why you need the Holy Ghost, it's not your doing its my Lord and Saviour that keeps you holy.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

That's why my Father words say flee the works of the flesh, that you be holy. You can't be a child of God sinning, saying Jesus died for your sins so it is ok to sin. You and everyone else have to be holy or else you won't see God.

Flee the works of the flesh.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Hallelujah Jesus, you gotta be holy,holy,holy,holy holy unto God.!!

Without holiness you will not see the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 12:14 ...... and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

You gotta be holy for my Father which is in heaven is Holy. Seek for His Spirit to keep you Holy before Him, for He called people unto holiness not to abide in sin.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

You gotta be holy.
And I suppose you have made yourself holy, right? Jesus didn't have anything to do with it, right?

The child of God has the righteousness of God IMPUTED to them and are therefore holy. Not by what they have done but what Jesus did for them. Perhaps you should study to see what the word "IMPUTED" means.

You want to take credit for your being holy and in doing so refuse the shed blood of Jesus on the cross that really attoned (paid) for your sins and made those of faith holy.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We do believe teh power of God, if it where true that man could stop sinning as you say, than in revelation it would not only be "the Lamb of God" who would be found worthy of opening the Lambs book of life, but all the men made righteous by there own works. The reason why we today can stand before God is not because of us but because we are clothed in the Righteousness of Christ so even though in this flesh we still sin, God through Christ sees us as righteous. It is by Faith that Abraham was found righteous not because He perfected himself by his works.

religion is definitely not improving our relationship with God., makes Him look impotent.......

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Genesis 26.5...God said Abraham was found righteous because "he obeyed my commandments,my statutes and my laws...
MJEH the Bible contradicts you again...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Genesis 26.5...God said Abraham was found righteous because "he obeyed my commandments,my statutes and my laws...
MJEH the Bible contradicts you again...
Still trying to earn your salvation by works and rejecting teh works of Jesus...

Rom_4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom_4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Rom_4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

and he slept with His servant Girl so you see He broke the law,... after God had promised Him and His wife a son..

Gen 21:9 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Gen 21:10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
Gen 21:11 And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.

your rightousnessc counts for nought,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You chose to ignore the words of the Bible, Genesis 26.5.....God word seems to say a lot different than you, try following it..
Jesus is the way, dont you follow after Him???

by the way what commandments did He keep, the law was given to Moses which is after Abraham. So blind. Have a lovely day.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't forget....salvation is through: Jesus, + God's grace + repentance (turning away from sin)...Matthew 19.17, John 14.15 ...
Oh changing your mind now are we....

now when you stop sinning why dont you come and tell the rert of us about it.... than we can worship you.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

and

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Faith so little of it...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I realize you do not follow the Bible, the word of God, and you do not follow the teachings of Jesus in the New covenant but here are a couple of RELEVANT Biblical verses which you might want to try and read
Revelation 12...salvation is for those who have the testimony of Jesus and follow the commandments of God
Revelation 22...Jesus says behold I come quickly and my reward is with me for every man according to his works.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I realize you do not follow the Bible, the word of God, and you do not follow the teachings of Jesus in the New covenant but here are a couple of RELEVANT Biblical verses which you might want to try and read
Revelation 12...salvation is for those who have the testimony of Jesus and follow the commandments of God
Revelation 22...Jesus says behold I come quickly and my reward is with me for every man according to his works.
no we follow Jesus who is teh word of God, as you can see the bible confuses people just like you PM and Stan who doesnt believe He is ever going to go to heaven, no life in scripture of which not all teh bible is, and so you have none because life is in Jesus, the bible testifies of that, You should read it ??? But like so many He is just a story character in a book and not real...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1st John 2.4 those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are LIARS and the truth is NOT in them.
Yes HTE we are convinced you are a liar for you dont keep His commandments, how long will you insist on telling us???? When will you give grace a chance, ?? or do you really think you can do better than JEsus???