Televangelist who blamed COVID-19 on premarital sex dies from virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a horrible headline intended to denounce the long lived work of Irvin Baxter. :(
Long ago we learned we could not trust the reports of the numbered dead to Covid 19. An HHS directive sent to physicians across America, seven pages long, instructed them , in short, that no matter how a patient dies cause of death must be listed as Covid-19!

I don't think Pastor Baxter is exempt from that having happened in this case.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a horrible headline intended to denounce the long lived work of Irvin Baxter. :(
Long ago we learned we could not trust the reports of the numbered dead to Covid 19. An HHS directive sent to physicians across America, seven pages long, instructed them , in short, that no matter how a patient dies cause of death must be listed as Covid-19!

I don't think Pastor Baxter is exempt from that having happened in this case.

"FEAR"...bingo! Then when the riots get incited...Marshall Law. Peace and safety?? Nah, Sudden destruction more like it!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, that is Mr. Gomer Pyle to you sir! ;)

SkinnyAromaticAurochs-max-1mb.gif

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, that is Mr. Gomer Pyle to you sir! ;)

SkinnyAromaticAurochs-max-1mb.gif
Ha, I recall him when he rode in my limousine for a week in San Francisco in 1973. He was co-host of a TV variety show for the week which was being filmed live on the Wharf... At the time he always had his secretary [a pretty young woman] with him. My son was a little fellow at the time and 'Gomer' autographed his baby book. But then see this posted about his death...

Actor, singer, and comedian Jim Nabors died at the age of 87 in his home in Hawaii on November 30, 2017. His husband, Stan Cadwallader confirmed that his death was a result of his suppressed immune system, following a liver transplant in 1994. His friends and colleagues remember him as a simple, sweet, and talented man who made people smile even on the dreariest of days.

Jim Nabors passed away on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at his home in Honolulu, Hawaii. He became famous for playing Gomer Pyle in The Andy Griffith Show. His character became so loved and popular that he was given his own show, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. How did Jim Nabors die? His husband, Stan Cadwallader confirmed the news and said that Nabors’ health was declining for a year. Jim Nabors’ cause of death was a result of his immune system being affected after having a liver transplant in 1994. At that time, he announced that he contracted hepatitis B in India after cutting himself with a contaminated straight razor he bought there.

Reactions: WaterSong and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, I recall him when he rode in my limousine for a week in San Francisco in 1973. He was co-host of a TV variety show for the week which was being filmed live on the Wharf... At the time he always had his secretary [a pretty young woman] with him. My son was a little fellow at the time and 'Gomer' autographed his baby book. But then see this posted about his death...

Actor, singer, and comedian Jim Nabors died at the age of 87 in his home in Hawaii on November 30, 2017. His husband, Stan Cadwallader confirmed that his death was a result of his suppressed immune system, following a liver transplant in 1994. His friends and colleagues remember him as a simple, sweet, and talented man who made people smile even on the dreariest of days.

Jim Nabors passed away on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at his home in Honolulu, Hawaii. He became famous for playing Gomer Pyle in The Andy Griffith Show. His character became so loved and popular that he was given his own show, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. How did Jim Nabors die? His husband, Stan Cadwallader confirmed the news and said that Nabors’ health was declining for a year. Jim Nabors’ cause of death was a result of his immune system being affected after having a liver transplant in 1994. At that time, he announced that he contracted hepatitis B in India after cutting himself with a contaminated straight razor he bought there.

Oh wow...did not even know that he died. So, how what was he like? He didn't speak like he did on Andy Griffith show, or did he? Lol.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow...did not even know that he died. So, how what was he like? He didn't speak like he did on Andy Griffith show, or did he? Lol.
His normal voice was nothing unusual, but he could change it to fit the characters he played. Of course the really startling thing about his voice was when he sang. He did not sing in the limousine, but as his driver I was able to watch and listen to some of the live performances.

Reactions: Nancy

Michie

Jun 28, 2020
Indy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jim Nabors was gay.
Jim Nabors - Wikipedia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in those days it was just I rumor I had heard. No Internet and I did not read the magazines that would have given details on the lives of 'stars'. I really did not know it for certain until many years later when lots of people were openly admitting such things and the Internet was opening up.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His normal voice was nothing unusual, but he could change it to fit the characters he played. Of course the really startling thing about his voice was when he sang. He did not sing in the limousine, but as his driver I was able to watch and listen to some of the live performances.
Yes, I do remember hearing him sing before. Did they tip limo drivers then?? :)

Reactions: amadeus