Telling people about Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been posting a lot of testimonies, because it just doesn't seem like enough testimonies get posted on Christian forums. To me that is sad because I believe we are supposed to tell people about Jesus Christ. He is not some dead person who died and failed to rise again, nor is He some distant being who resides in some far off place, but rather His words are found in your hearts and even in our mouths sometimes, because He doesn't leave us. He has His Holy Spirit with us, and that is who I tell people about

Now there was an employee at work who I was talking to. She was having some medical problems and being a manager it had come to my attention. She told me she had been seeing a doctor for eight months because she wasn't having that time of the month and it was not because she was pregnant. It was kind of getting around the store that I was talking about Jesus and spiritual matters, not that she was interested in Jesus. Never-the-less, she did have a problem.

She told me that she had been praying to her mom, who had died some years before. I asked her if she had ever considered trying to pray to Jesus Christ. 'No, she had not tried that', to I just suggested she trying praying to Him like she had her mom.

I believe it was the very next day that she came in all excited, because she had tried praying to Jesus and shortly later she started having her period. Eight months with a doctor and then one day with Jesus. It seems He really came though for her. (Note: I am not saying don't see a medical doctor, but I am saying that we should at least seek Jesus Christ for things like this)

This got more interesting when I then found out that her dad was a Christian man who regularly sung in a choir at a good Christian church. However, she didn't have a good relationship with him. She liked her mom, though she was dead. Yet based upon this healing she got when she sought Jesus Christ, she was going to try and renew a relationship with her dad.

I am going to continue this on the next post.....

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This employee then call her dad, who apparently was surprised to hear from her. That is where the relationship between this Christian man and his daughter had gone. It was interesting to know that this happened right before Easter, and that this lady, being healed by Jesus wanted to go to church with her father where he was regularly in the choir. So it seemed the not only had Jesus healed this lady but He had also set up a reunion of sorts between her and her father.

Ah, but the man had something planned and his daughter was not as important as doing what he had planned. So this great opportunity appearsto have gotten missed. There was more to this story, but this is enough. It is enough to know to point people to Jesus Christ. What they do with that information is not up to us. Will they continue to seek Him, or just pretend to while always going their own ways? This applies to us - personally!

It is always the question in my life. Will I seek Him today, or not? Will I take what's happening in my life to Him, find out what He wants or not? These stories are really all about that - about us personally - and Him willing to help if we simply believe in Him!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been posting a lot of testimonies, because it just doesn't seem like enough testimonies get posted on Christian forums. To me that is sad because I believe we are supposed to tell people about Jesus Christ...
There are many opportunities with our mouth to testify about Jesus, but also important is the testimony of our lives as we live before people at work, at school, at home at the market or anywhere we happen to be. People will see this testimony even if we never have an opportunity to speak to them with our mouths.

Give God the glory!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many opportunities with our mouth to testify about Jesus, but also important is the testimony of our lives as we live before people at work, at school, at home at the market or anywhere we happen to be. People will see this testimony even if we never have an opportunity to speak to them with our mouths.

Give God the glory!

The Lord of course wants us to be loving people, but if in the above example and testimony, the person was not told to pray and seek Jesus Christ would they have she gotten healed? Would have she even sought to hook back up with her Christian dad?

Our testimony is not that we think we can be loving and nice people; our testimony is about Him who is love!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord of course wants us to be loving people, but if in the above example and testimony, the person was not told to pray and seek Jesus Christ would they have she gotten healed? Would have she even sought to hook back up with her Christian dad?

Our testimony is not that we think we can be loving and nice people; our testimony is about Him who is love!!
God uses people to accomplish both the right hand and the left hand work... When we are led by the Holy Spirit and not quenching the Spirit within us, then we will speak what is needed and when it is needed.

[As I see it, unbelievers as well as people who believe but for whatever reason are quenching the Spirit of God may be used to accomplish the left hand work. We really do not want to used that way... but it is up to us... or so I believe]

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is going to accomplish what He plans to accomplish!!!

The question for us is where we stand with Him?

The Pharisees, such as Saul, thought there were is good with God. So Saul took off to Damascus, feeling he was being lead by God, to persecute believers. Saul was had a zeal for God and certainly felt he was leading a good life for God, even being lead my God. Yet when the Lord spoke to Saul on the road Saul had to ask, "Who are you Lord?"

So it turned out that thought Saul, the Pharisees, thinking that he was leading a good life and never heard from the Lord before, otherwise he would have certainly known the One now speaking to him. What a shock for Saul, the Pharisee with that zeal for God. Later (Rm 10) that same man now more often read about as Paul would testify that they have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge. Having been Saul the zealous religious leader, he knew about having a zeal for God but not actually seeking the voice of the Lord so as to get to know Him. So he wrote about preaching the Word of God (that small voice from the Holy Spirit) which is found in your heart and sometimes even coming off your lips. Of course Paul also wrote about our battles with the powers, principalities, and dark forces of this world, and how evil is also present in us.

When I seek the Lord Jesus Christ, I find Him! It is written that seek and you will find. So I find Him and hear from Him, but the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit about. So what happens if I assume that God is using me but I never actually check that by seeking the voice of the Lord? Well, I can tell you, that is when my problems start coming up. Paul explained to take all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ; so doesn't that mean that your are asking Jesus Christ about the thoughts in your head and then listening to what He has to say???

So when I tell people about Jesus Christ, I present Him as the One you will hear from (The Word of God) when you seek Him with all your heart. You can and should test the spirits, but who is testing the spirits if they are assuming that they are a good person doing good works for God without actually seeking His voice? That sounds like what Saul was doing and I am not going for it. I am about seeking the Lord Jesus Christ and what He has to say - so that is what I advise people to do and what I am testifying about.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God is going to accomplish what He plans to accomplish!!!

The question for us is where we stand with Him?

The Pharisees, such as Saul, thought there were is good with God. So Saul took off to Damascus, feeling he was being lead by God, to persecute believers. Saul was had a zeal for God and certainly felt he was leading a good life for God, even being lead my God. Yet when the Lord spoke to Saul on the road Saul had to ask, "Who are you Lord?"

So it turned out that thought Saul, the Pharisees, thinking that he was leading a good life and never heard from the Lord before, otherwise he would have certainly known the One now speaking to him. What a shock for Saul, the Pharisee with that zeal for God. Later (Rm 10) that same man now more often read about as Paul would testify that they have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge. Having been Saul the zealous religious leader, he knew about having a zeal for God but not actually seeking the voice of the Lord so as to get to know Him. So he wrote about preaching the Word of God (that small voice from the Holy Spirit) which is found in your heart and sometimes even coming off your lips. Of course Paul also wrote about our battles with the powers, principalities, and dark forces of this world, and how evil is also present in us.

When I seek the Lord Jesus Christ, I find Him! It is written that seek and you will find. So I find Him and hear from Him, but the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit about. So what happens if I assume that God is using me but I never actually check that by seeking the voice of the Lord? Well, I can tell you, that is when my problems start coming up. Paul explained to take all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ; so doesn't that mean that your are asking Jesus Christ about the thoughts in your head and then listening to what He has to say???

So when I tell people about Jesus Christ, I present Him as the One you will hear from (The Word of God) when you seek Him with all your heart. You can and should test the spirits, but who is testing the spirits if they are assuming that they are a good person doing good works for God without actually seeking His voice? That sounds like what Saul was doing and I am not going for it. I am about seeking the Lord Jesus Christ and what He has to say - so that is what I advise people to do and what I am testifying about.
Hi @Karl Peters ! Saul of Tarsus was really and deeply turned around, wasn't he? :)

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Karl Peters ! Saul of Tarsus was really and deeply turned around, wasn't he? :)

I believe Saul/Paul - is very representative of what happens today with many people!!

That is that many people become "Christians" for the - being part of a group - and the position you might be able to obtain in the church, as opposed to actually getting to know the Lord. If so it becomes about religion instead of about relationship with Jesus Christ. I don't think this is uncommon at all now, and neither was it uncommon back then. So it is that God used Saul/Paul as such a prominent figure in the Bible, and his struggles with the Jews, which he was a part of. The Bible stories apply today or why else did God keep these old writing around?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think there may be a revival going on around the world online. The pandemic may be the catalyst. Due to remaining anonymous, people are open about issues that they would never acknowledge in a physical church setting. If I walked up to someone downtown and started telling them about Jesus, they wouldn't understand me because of the masks. They would see how I was dressed, the tone of my voice, and what type of Christian I looked like. Online, it's more of a heart-to-heart. A meeting of the minds.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there may be a revival going on around the world online. The pandemic may be the catalyst. Due to remaining anonymous, people are open about issues that they would never acknowledge in a physical church setting. If I walked up to someone downtown and started telling them about Jesus, they wouldn't understand me because of the masks. They would see how I was dressed, the tone of my voice, and what type of Christian I looked like. Online, it's more of a heart-to-heart. A meeting of the minds.

Yes - but of course how we look, sound, act, has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord or lords through whom all things were created is there for them. What I can do for them is tell them about them, but if they don't want to seek Him after I told them about them is on them.

In fact the person whom I told so that she sought Him and got healed by Him later rejected Him, because of her own judgement about the acts of other people like her dad and me didn't live up to her expectation that people claiming to know God should be perfect (when we are not). Thus she sought Him and He healed her, then she judge Christian to not be what she thought we should be and then reject Him. Hopefully she will reconsider her judgement and action, then remember what He did for her and seek Him again and perhaps really come to know Him.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read your posts and I want to worship the Lord.
Yeshua hamashiach, ruler to the nations, Yeshua hamashiach, warrior in the nations.
Yeshua hamashiach, rider through the nations, Yeshua hamashiach, savior of the nations! Hallelujah!!!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This employee then call her dad, who apparently was surprised to hear from her. That is where the relationship between this Christian man and his daughter had gone. It was interesting to know that this happened right before Easter, and that this lady, being healed by Jesus wanted to go to church with her father where he was regularly in the choir. So it seemed the not only had Jesus healed this lady but He had also set up a reunion of sorts between her and her father.

Ah, but the man had something planned and his daughter was not as important as doing what he had planned. So this great opportunity appearsto have gotten missed. There was more to this story, but this is enough. It is enough to know to point people to Jesus Christ. What they do with that information is not up to us. Will they continue to seek Him, or just pretend to while always going their own ways? This applies to us - personally!

It is always the question in my life. Will I seek Him today, or not? Will I take what's happening in my life to Him, find out what He wants or not? These stories are really all about that - about us personally - and Him willing to help if we simply believe in Him!

Good testimony - sadly it sounds like her dad is a churchian, but not a Christian.

The church at Sardis in Revelation 3 was one of those churchianity graveyards - Jesus told them THEY WERE DEAD, but had a reputation of being alive.

Maranatha and God Bless.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read your posts and I want to worship the Lord.
Yeshua hamashiach, ruler to the nations, Yeshua hamashiach, warrior in the nations.
Yeshua hamashiach, rider through the nations, Yeshua hamashiach, savior of the nations! Hallelujah!!!

Amen!

Baruch HaShem HaMaschiach Y’eshua

Baruch HaShem Adonai

Reactions: Truman

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give God the glory!

The latter is useless without the former.

But our testimony can be ruined by not living what we claim to believe.

Paul never converted anyone by going to a city and being a really nice guy, but not preaching.

I know that spoils that quote that says to always preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words.

Shalom Aleichem

Reactions: amadeus

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen to that.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it turned out that thought Saul, the Pharisees, thinking that he was leading a good life and never heard from the Lord before, otherwise he would have certainly known the One now speaking to him.

In the old covenant, the Holy Spirit had not been given, except to prophets and some others like King David and John the Baptist- so as just another Pharisee He would not hear the voice of God, nor expect to - but I agree with much of your post.

Paul was not evil, and indeed as you said, and as he also wrote later about national Israel, he was very zealous for God, but not according to knowledge - and he thought he was doing good by killing those “blasphemers” who followed Jesus.

Shalom Aleichem

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The latter is useless without the former.

But our testimony can be ruined by not living what we claim to believe.

Paul never converted anyone by going to a city and being a really nice guy, but not preaching.

I know that spoils that quote that says to always preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words.

Shalom Aleichem

Being like Him must be happening NOW for otherwise will we ever see Him as He is? Will "then" spoke of by the Apostle Paul ever arrive for us?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" Matt 6:34

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been posting a lot of testimonies, because it just doesn't seem like enough testimonies get posted on Christian forums. To me that is sad because I believe we are supposed to tell people about Jesus Christ. He is not some dead person who died and failed to rise again, nor is He some distant being who resides in some far off place, but rather His words are found in your hearts and even in our mouths sometimes, because He doesn't leave us. He has His Holy Spirit with us, and that is who I tell people about

Now there was an employee at work who I was talking to. She was having some medical problems and being a manager it had come to my attention. She told me she had been seeing a doctor for eight months because she wasn't having that time of the month and it was not because she was pregnant. It was kind of getting around the store that I was talking about Jesus and spiritual matters, not that she was interested in Jesus. Never-the-less, she did have a problem.

She told me that she had been praying to her mom, who had died some years before. I asked her if she had ever considered trying to pray to Jesus Christ. 'No, she had not tried that', to I just suggested she trying praying to Him like she had her mom.

I believe it was the very next day that she came in all excited, because she had tried praying to Jesus and shortly later she started having her period. Eight months with a doctor and then one day with Jesus. It seems He really came though for her. (Note: I am not saying don't see a medical doctor, but I am saying that we should at least seek Jesus Christ for things like this)

This got more interesting when I then found out that her dad was a Christian man who regularly sung in a choir at a good Christian church. However, she didn't have a good relationship with him. She liked her mom, though she was dead. Yet based upon this healing she got when she sought Jesus Christ, she was going to try and renew a relationship with her dad.

I am going to continue this on the next post.....
What a great testimony. I used to go out with church members and preach to the people that were prospecting the church. It was a great experience. I don't preach at work as I feel it's inappropriate and I got fired for it once. But to each their own.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it such a joy to tell people about Jesus??

Yes, I get intimidated by people at times. But that is steadily getting better.

Yeah - it really is a joy to tell people about Him!!

At least most of the time. You never know how people are going to take the information. Still - He is really worth telling people about and getting people to turn to Him is the best thing they can do, so we are giving the best advice we can when we get people to seek Him. :)

Reactions: Wynona