Telling random strangers that Jesus loves them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this a good idea or a bad one? On the one hand, maybe some of the people I come into contact with really need to hear that Jesus loves them. Maybe that could even plant a seed that grows into true faith down the line. OTOH, if people are told that Jesus loves them, they may think God doesn't desire them to repent of the sins they are committing, and they become more secure in their sins. I feel like if I don't do it I'm being a coward and failing to acknowledge Jesus before others, which the bible instructs us to do. Lately this is how I've been feeling. Can anyone else relate? I want to be evangelical and I want to work for our Lord and savior. I'm just not entirely sure how to do so. I'm not exactly a gifted orator or gifted at convincing people of things. Any advice?

God bless

Reactions: Brakelite

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a good idea or a bad one? On the one hand, maybe some of the people I come into contact with really need to hear that Jesus loves them. Maybe that could even plant a seed that grows into true faith down the line. OTOH, if people are told that Jesus loves them, they may think God doesn't desire them to repent of the sins they are committing, and they become more secure in their sins. I feel like if I don't do it I'm being a coward and failing to acknowledge Jesus before others, which the bible instructs us to do. Lately this is how I've been feeling. Can anyone else relate? I want to be evangelical and I want to work for our Lord and savior. I'm just not entirely sure how to do so. I'm not exactly a gifted orator or gifted at convincing people of things. Any advice?

God bless

I relate to this

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

God bless

I only.ever would tell them if God prompted me to

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless

In stead of "have a nice day", I say have a blessed day, God bless you....which that is sort of an ending comment....others in a more general setting, shopping for example, excuse me, thank you, God Bless you...can often start a conversation that leads more in-depth.
Simple examples that I find helpful.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless
Strap on all armour my friend . Dont over think so much . Just speak as the LORD LEADS you to speak .
Worry not about what to say , THE LORD will give you a mouth . Just keep in that bible and in prayer and be growing in the grace of God .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God bless
What a wonderful post! This tells me that you yourself love Jesus and want others to come to love him too.....
But what did Jesus ask his disciples to do? Was it to tell people that Jesus loved them? I can't see a single passage that indicates that this was to be the message that they were to preach. Jesus told them that he loved them, but what did Jesus tell them to preach to others about?
God's Kingdom!

What is God's Kingdom then? I have asked many people this question and received a lot of different replies, ranging from scriptural comments to blank stares. Could this be why Christianity is failing? Are Christians out there "preaching the good news of the kingdom"? (Matthew 24:14) Or are they preaching at all? Did Jesus tell his disciples to go into a building and wait for people to come to them? Or was his instruction to go out to the people and tell them some "good news"? (Matthew 10:11-15; Matthew 28:19-20) All they hear is bad news.....its depressing.

If you don't know what God's Kingdom is, how can you preach to people about it? Do they want to hear about Jesus loving them or are they more concerned about how the kingdoms of this world are failing their people? Do they have hope of something better? Are they confident that their leaders have their best interests at heart? Can they trust those in power not to be corrupt?

Our present situation presents challenges, and no one is immune to what is happening to their lives at present. Their jobs, their family life, their health and security are all under threat. What they need is hope.

When you get to the heart of what is concerning people today, its mostly about what is happening in their lives and to give them some light at the end of this dismal tunnel. The Kingdom is that light.....so what do you think it is?

Reactions: Wrangler

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God bless
I was told that Jesus died for me. That He did it to save me from the consequences of sin, first brought into the world by Adam and Eve. That He did it because He loved me. I believed it.
I felt such grief for my own sin. Such awe that God would care enough about me to do this. And finally such joy that I was saved from death.
From 1973 until 1994, I struggled greatly with my faith. I was never discipled. There just wasn't anyone around me to do it. But I am so glad that someone told me one day that Jesus loved me.
In 1994, Father God supernaturally revealed His love for me, to me. And that He accepted me unconditionally. I knew it was because of what Jesus had done for me on the cross.
Jesus said, "If you love Me, you'll obey me." After realizing God's love for me, I responded by loving Him back. I desired to please Him. If I hadn't heard that Jesus loved me, during 1973, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it to '94.
So, to me, telling someone that Jesus loves them is always the right thing to do. It's the truth.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, to me, telling someone that Jesus loves them is always the right thing to do. It's the truth

Cool. I will overcome my hesitation and tell others of Christ's love for them indiscriminately. Ty

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cool. I will overcome my hesitation and tell others of Christ's love for them indiscriminately. Ty
I've known people who will get a sense that they should tell a stranger that Jesus loves them, then do. Some amazing things have happened!
Don't be swayed by guilt or pressured by a sense of religious duty. And if you don't say something when perhaps you should've, I'm sure the Lord will have other ways to speak to them. Freedom to be free is what we are to be! :)

Reactions: friend of

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was told that Jesus died for me. That He did it to save me from the consequences of sin, first brought into the world by Adam and Eve. That He did it because He loved me. I believed it.
I felt such grief for my own sin. Such awe that God would care enough about me to do this. And finally such joy that I was saved from death.
From 1973 until 1994, I struggled greatly with my faith. I was never discipled. There just wasn't anyone around me to do it. But I am so glad that someone told me one day that Jesus loved me.
In 1994, Father God supernaturally revealed His love for me, to me. And that He accepted me unconditionally. I knew it was because of what Jesus had done for me on the cross.
Jesus said, "If you love Me, you'll obey me." After realizing God's love for me, I responded by loving Him back. I desired to please Him. If I hadn't heard that Jesus loved me, during 1973, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it to '94.
So, to me, telling someone that Jesus loves them is always the right thing to do. It's the truth.
This is quite concerning to me really, because emotions are not a sound basis for faith. Knowledge is what builds faith, not supernatural events or visitations that make you feel 'special'. The psych wards are full of those people......who knows if any of them are real? It doesn't matter because to them it was real.

Did you know that the devil can masquerade as that "angel of light" who visits the vulnerable and feeds their emotions?

2 Corinthians 11:14-15....
"No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds."

So look at the caliber of the people and see who has genuine Christian qualities? That is how you tell.....look at what they teach and compare it to what Jesus taught. Look at what they do, and whether they practice what they preach....? Or make excuses for why they don't?

Examine everything thoroughly because we have all the tools we need today to find out that truth for ourselves.
Make no mistake....the "weeds" planted by the devil have spread to every corner of the world, producing a bumper crop.....but these will end up being destroyed by the reapers.

We need to have more than emotions to back up our faith, or we are easy pickins.......

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is quite concerning to me really, because emotions are not a sound basis for faith. Knowledge is what builds faith, not supernatural events or visitations that make you feel 'special'. The psych wards are full of those people......who knows if any of them are real? It doesn't matter because to them it was real.

Did you know that the devil can masquerade as that "angel of light" who visits the vulnerable and feeds their emotions?

2 Corinthians 11:14-15....
"No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds."

So look at the caliber of the people and see who has genuine Christian qualities? That is how you tell.....look at what they teach and compare it to what Jesus taught. Look at what they do, and whether they practice what they preach....? Or make excuses for why they don't?

Examine everything thoroughly because we have all the tools we need today to find out that truth for ourselves.
Make no mistake....the "weeds" planted by the devil have spread to every corner of the world, producing a bumper crop.....but these will end up being destroyed by the reapers.

We need to have more than emotions to back up our faith, or we are easy pickins.......
Emotions are not a sound basis for faith...what's that got to do with telling a stranger that Jesus loves them?
BTW...I like your avatar.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless
I don't think its a bad idea, but I wonder if it borders on a fruitless idea.

Look, some people need to hear it, but many more need to believe it. If you see a down trodden person, yea...they need to hear it, but what are the chances that they will believe it just because you... A stranger.... Said it? Probably slim. They probably have heard it before and it wasn't a "SHAZAM" experience. They have probably seen billboards and posts on facebook that said it before you told them. They probably said, "yeah... I know... So what? I haven't met the guy yet, and he isn't helping me with my problems".

Perhaps a different approach: say, "I love you!" Or "I care about you"! And follow up on it.

That would still be Jesus loving them, because Christ is in you, right?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Emotions are not a sound basis for faith...what's that got to do with telling a stranger that Jesus loves them?
If I was to do that where I live, the people would walk away laughing at my childishness. Belief in God here, is almost akin to belief in santa claus or the tooth fairy. If you want to spread the Christian message, it has to be about the Kingdom of God. That is what Jesus taught us about. (Matthew 24:14) He told us to pray for it to "come".
As Peter said..."but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect". Making a defense means knowing what you believe, and why you believe it. Knowledge must be the foundation of your faith or it will crumble in the storm. It will not stand up under scrutiny.

The Kingdom good news is not an emotional appeal but one solidly based on what preoccupies people minds today more than ever. Trustworthy government. God's Kingdom is a real government of God that will dispense with all failed human rulerships under the devil's influence, and replace them. (Daniel 2:44, 1 John 5:19) The kingdom will then bring us back all that we lost in Eden. (Revelation 21:3-4)

Politicians can promise the world and deliver nothing.....what God promises he always delivers. (Isaiah 55:11)
That is what makes it "good news". :)

BTW...I like your avatar.
Thank you....its one of my mother's creations, made for one of her grandchildren. ;)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I was to do that where I live, the people would walk away laughing at my childishness. Belief in God here, is almost akin to belief in santa claus or the tooth fairy. If you want to spread the Christian message, it has to be about the Kingdom of God. That is what Jesus taught us about. (Matthew 24:14) He told us to pray for it to "come".
As Peter said..."but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect". Making a defense means knowing what you believe, and why you believe it. Knowledge must be the foundation of your faith or it will crumble in the storm. It will not stand up under scrutiny.

The Kingdom good news is not an emotional appeal but one solidly based on what preoccupies people minds today more than ever. Trustworthy government. God's Kingdom is a real government of God that will dispense with all failed human rulerships under the devil's influence, and replace them. (Daniel 2:44, 1 John 5:19) The kingdom will then bring us back all that we lost in Eden. (Revelation 21:3-4)

Politicians can promise the world and deliver nothing.....what God promises he always delivers. (Isaiah 55:11)
That is what makes it "good news". :)

Thank you....its one of my mother's creations, made for one of her grandchildren. ;)
I live in the middle of a townhouse complex. I often go outside, strap on my guitar, and start praising the Lord. I have an anointing that brings His presence in a unique way. His kingdom comes. It's wonderful.
My neighbors from a battleground in Syria don't seem to mind. My style is rock/country/blues/folk so my pot-smoking neighbors don't mind. The rappers and bikers don't mind. Some people like it. They tell me.
I play mostly originals, mostly scripture, some testimony. His word does not return to Him void.
I'm an emotional person. I'm a worship leader...I'm very sensitive...God made me this way. Shalom.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I live in the middle of a townhouse complex. I often go outside, strap on my guitar, and start praising the Lord. I have an anointing that brings His presence in a unique way. His kingdom comes. It's wonderful.
How does God's Kingdom "come"?

How did Jesus say it comes?

How does Bible prophesy portray the coming of the Kingdom?

I'm an emotional person. I'm a worship leader...I'm very sensitive...God made me this way. Shalom.
What makes you think that 'God made you that way'? Does God determine the personality of everyone? Is a serial killer 'made that way'?
What about a pedophile?...an adulterer?....a liar?....a cheat...?
Are we not simply the product of our parent's gene pool and our upbringing?
And aren't we supposed to take responsibility for our own thoughts and behaviors?

Is 'God made me this way' a reason.....or an excuse?
confused0082.gif

....if only emotions were the important thing.....you'd be home and hosed.....I love the Bible because it controls my emotions.
I follow Jesus out of reason, not just feelings. I can't float on clouds....
confused0036.gif

To me, feelings are wonderful friends, but terrible masters....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does God's Kingdom "come"?

How did Jesus say it comes?

How does Bible prophesy portray the coming of the Kingdom?

What makes you think that 'God made you that way'? Does God determine the personality of everyone? Is a serial killer 'made that way'?
What about a pedophile?...an adulterer?....a liar?....a cheat...?
Are we not simply the product of our parent's gene pool and our upbringing?
And aren't we supposed to take responsibility for our own thoughts and behaviors?

Is 'God made me this way' a reason.....or an excuse?
confused0082.gif

....if only emotions were the important thing.....you'd be home and hosed.....I love the Bible because it controls my emotions.
I follow Jesus out of reason, not just feelings. I can't float on clouds....
confused0036.gif

To me, feelings are wonderful friends, but terrible masters....
I've told you who and what I am...you seem to be one who likes to argue, so perhaps you should go find the debate department.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've told you who and what I am...you seem to be one who likes to argue, so perhaps you should go find the debate department.
Just interested in what you said and asked for an explanation.....you said "the Kingdom comes"....How? Is the question too difficult or is it uncomfortable?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"A Fistful Of Doubt's" in general discussions may be right up your alley!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just interested in what you said and asked for an explanation.....you said "the Kingdom comes"....How? Is the question too difficult or is it uncomfortable?
I had an answer for you, but then I read the end of your question and saw how rude you were being, so you get ignored...for now. Lol

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had an answer for you, but then I read the end of your question and saw how rude you were being, so you get ignored...for now. Lol
Oh dang!...now I'm really upset that your feelings were hurt.....nice dodge BTW. :D

I am a child of "WHY"? I drove my mother mad asking questions for which she had no answers.....so that is why I ask questions....particularly the hard questions that put people on the back foot and force them to back up what they say. I am interested in their responses....or reactions. It tells me a lot about them.

I like to know what people think and why they come to their conclusions.....us Aussies are often told how rude we are....but we are just not interested in the whole "political correctness" thing. We have a tendency to tell it like it is, and no offense is intended.....but often taken. :rolleyes:

Like I said....wonderful friends...terrible masters.