Tempted to curse God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Praying only made my psoriasis worse, so I nearly cursed God. I refrained at the last moment, but yes, I was tempted to curse him. It is so hard to live in this world.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't psoriasis an autoimmune illness? So stress/worry can make it worse....

It really is a double bind.

I will continue to pray for you.

Hopefully, a break through will happen.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife suffers from seborrhea dermatitis. We could not afford the prescribed medicated shampoo which cost about $250.00 for 8fl. ounces. We settled for over the counter product called DHS shampoo. It comes with zinc or tar. She has used the zinc with moderate success and advises to use it when you first feel the bout coming on. Yes and winter time is worse.
Hope and pray this may help.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Praying only made my psoriasis worse, so I nearly cursed God. I refrained at the last moment, but yes, I was tempted to curse him. It is so hard to live in this world.

I have eczema, which is similar to psoriasis, and it can also be triggered by food allergies/intolerance's. Specifically gluten/wheat, dairy, and tree nuts. I have found, through the elimination process, that gluten and tree nuts (almonds) are what I am actually allergic to and get an outbreak within hours of eating either. I can tolerate a small amount of dairy with the right provisions. Now that I cut them out of my diet, I have been eczema free for a while.

Mind you, gluten is in almost everything, so if you wanted to try it, you'd have to really look at labels and basically aim to buy meat, veggies and things labeled "gluten free", (I could give you a list if you wanted). Initially it was a struggle, but after while I don't even miss any of the gluten-laden foods. I've also lost a lot of weight by eating this way and using this as motivation when exercising a few times a week.

**My opinion: I have gone to doctors who've told me, for hundreds of dollars, what I am telling you freely. Steroids (what they prescribe you) only band-aid the issue and don't address the root cause.**

Through going to God in prayer and desperation, I believe he answered me by directing my attention towards my nutrition. Almost all illness starts in the gut, where most of your immune system is. Whether you're lacking in immune sustaining vitamins, or in excess of immune suppressing foods. After all, He formed me in the womb, so far be it for me to go to anyone before God, who already has the answers. Doctors are a blessing for all things trauma related and many other things, but as we Christians know, some things only Jesus can heal, through our faith in him and his will for us.

I use to think that this, on top of all my other problems, was God punishing me for something. Now that I am on my way to being the healthiest I've ever been, I realize that all of this was the catalyst I needed to grow and become a more complete individual. God has revealed to me his hand in all this and I can't help but love him even more.

I know how frustrating it is to suffer a skin disease and feel alone. Hopefully God will give you the answers you need to recover and be a testimony to someone else.

God Bless you, Elysian :)

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
-----> "It is so hard to live in this world."

Oh boy, can I ever relate. Elysian, sending you big hugs and lots of love.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife suffers from seborrhea dermatitis. We could not afford the prescribed medicated shampoo which cost about $250.00 for 8fl. ounces. We settled for over the counter product called DHS shampoo. It comes with zinc or tar. She has used the zinc with moderate success and advises to use it when you first feel the bout coming on. Yes and winter time is worse.
Hope and pray this may help.

You know, I've heard that tar can make it worse - zinc is the best and the best place to get zinc in higher doses is in diaper rash medication and head and shoulders dandruff shampoo I am not a doctor, but it has worked for friends of mine.