Testimony of the New Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 12-6-20 Kislev 20, 5781 1st. day of the weekly cycle,
76th. Fall Day

Notice more proof that the Messiah was to be the Divine King of Israel. In the second Psalm we read: "I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, 'You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery. Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. Serve the LORD (here the Messiah is actually referred to directly as the "LORD"!) with fear and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him" (Psalm Two:7-12).

Christ, the Messiah, is clearly referred to here not only as "the LORD," and is called by the Tetragrammaton (YHVH), or "Yahveh," but He is also referred to as the "Son of the LORD" (verse 7)). Let us learn a lesson from human experience. A husband and wife mate, and produce a "son." That son is fully human, just as much as his parents. He is just like them in every way -- with the same genetic code imprinted in his chromosomes. He is in the very image and likeness of his parents. He is FULLY HUMAN!

Even so, when the Father spoke of His own Son, whom He would give the nations of the earth as His inheritance, He was referring to a literal, begotten, and born SON -- fully Divine, just as He, the Father, is Divine -- FULLY GOD AS HE IS GOD, just as human children are fully human as their parents are!

To claim that the divinity of the Messiah is nowhere mentioned or alluded to in the Old Testament is nothing short of sheer unadulterated, fabricated ERROR and doctrinal heresy! It may not be pleasant to hear this belief described in such blistering, plain, and no-holds-barred terms, but it is true, nevertheless. Christ is very God, just as much as a human son is very human. But, of course, there is much more evidence! Now let us turn to the NEW Testament, and see what Christ Himself said on this pivotal question.

Testimony of the New Testament:

What do Jesus Christ Himself and the apostles have to say about this very important question? When the high priest interrogated Christ, and demanded, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" Jesus answered: "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark Fourteen:61-62).

On another occasion, the Jews asked Him, "Are you greater than our father Abraham?" "You are not yet fifty years old, and you have seen Abraham!" (John Eight:53, 57). Jesus replied to them: "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!" (v.58). At this point, the Jews picked up stones to stone Him for what they considered blasphemy (v.59). In other words, they understood that He was claiming to have existed BEFORE ABRAHAM -- they knew at this point that He was claiming to be the "I AM" -- the God, or YHVH, of the Old Testament!

Notice the play of words that Jesus was using. In Exodus Three, when God reveals Himself to Moses at the burning bush, He said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob" (Exo.Three:6). Moses then asked God His name, so He would be able to tell the Israelites who had sent him. God then said, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites. I AM has sent me to you" (Exo.Three:13-14).

When Jesus told the high priest He was the "I am," the priest tore his clothes and accused Christ of blasphemy, of claiming to be God. When Jesus told the Jews that before Abraham was, "I AM," He was also telling them that He was the "I AM" who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses. They got the point, and that is why they sought to stone Him to death!

Why is it that modern so-called "scholars" and professors of theology cannot grasp this simple, singular truth? Why is it that in their ignorance, arrogance, and conceit, that they overlook this fundamental TRUTH of Scripture?

Although Jesus deliberately hid His awesome true identity from the masses for most of His ministry, and simply let His miracles and signs do the talking for Him, speaking in riddles and paradyms and allegories to the masses, nevertheless there were special times in His ministry where He much more than "hinted" as to His true secret identity! He was GOD IN THE FLESH!

The above is a quote from this article if interested

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited: