Thank you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett

May 25, 2007
I would like to thank all for taking your time to read my postings.Some believed and some did not.I am sorry but I cannot stay where taking a stand against false religions is not tolerated. It is unbiblical to not do so.We are told in the Word to not even look upon a false religion or entertain their ways. If I see someone about to fall off a cliff I would rather drag him back by his hair in pain than smile and watch him drop to his death.If I see someone about to drop into the very depths of hell in following a false religion I will, make no doubt about it, expose that hideous thing for what it is and nothing else.It has been made clear that taking a stand and speaking out against these bringers of flasehood is not to continue.May the Lord open all your eyes to his truth.I would also like to ask the operators of this site to please remove the false images which are available to veiw and use.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont quite understand you and others have spoken out.We have said no one can preach their religion here. Do we deny someone a chance to study scripture because of thier religion?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What if the next person thinks the same thing about Pentecostals, and the next guy about the baptist, That's why we say No preaching your religion what right have we or you to set yourself out as judge if someone wants to study scripture judge not lest you be judged

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I'm new yet, but I am dying to know where Brett feels some of us err?I'll say this much,. Christians may disagree on some things, but as long as they are basing their views on (what they feel) the bible is teaching, they are in the bounds of orthodoxy IMO. If the error is that great, I think that God is big enough to correct His child.I was man enough to change my beliefs (and this becomes easier when you get to my age
smile.gif
)and admit I was wrong when I saw the truth. It's no big deal because it's not about me anyway. I want to know what truth really is and not what I think it should be. If God corrects you, then praise Him! There's still hope!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Yes, I know who he means. That is no reason to quit. I know this person from another site and put them on my "ignore" list on that site. When I stated something in a paraphrased manner that the scripture said, I was understood clearly enough. But when I pointed out that I was really "cut and pasting" what scripture stated, then "all of a sudden" it did not mean what it said. I could not understand such song and dance logic. I was not angry with this person, but I thought it best to cut out their verbose answers so that the board would be clear enough to see other posters reply without having to filter thru all their stuff. I have better things to do than to view illogical nonsense that is contrary to what scripture plainly teaches.To Brett:I am not that way. Maybe you can at least spend some time viewing things I and others have to say, then consider staying--- even if you feel you do not want to post for awhile. Just view the boards for awhile.
smile.gif

brotherbernard

Jul 11, 2007
Brett,I agree with Tim. Please don't let this issue rattle you. I have felt just like you in the past - especially when I was young in the faith, full of fervent love for the Lord and anxious to show that love to Him and others. I strongly believed that in some way, God had placed upon my heart a burden, a calling to correct and rebuke those that ran as wolves among the sheep. And, there was no turning me away from my holy mission. As time went on, I found that the issues I focused on became more and more petty - small things, small differences in how people express their faith. To my horror I found that I was becoming the origin of contentious feelings in the community and that my spirit had become angry, suspicious, and accusing. It was then that I had to look deeply within myself and ask Christ to help me - help me know what to do and how to respond to those who were promoting error in the church.Brett, I tell you this with all sincerity - every stand we take against error in the church, every falsehood that we correct as Christians, and everyone that we rebuke in the Lord must be done with the utmost spirit of gentleness and love. We are the Lord's and so must follow His leading in this matter. The only time that we should rise up in righteous indignation is when leaders in the church begin to lead Christ's sheep away from Him - to deny His Person and Mission. Even then, our words of defense and rebuke should be the words from scripture - as Christ responded and rebuked the dark one, that is how we should express the Truth in Christ. Then, Brett, allow the Holy Spirit to do Its work. He will lead all men to Christ if they respond with the faith that God gives them. Those who are in error or who are preaching error will either humble themselves before Christ or they will turn from the Truth and depart. Let us stand together on the Truth as it is in Christ. He is our Rock of Defense, the Truth of God in Human form and the only One in whom we trust. God bless you and fill you with the Spirit of Truth as it is in Christ our Lord.Christ plus nothing,Brother Bernard

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Brett,I believe that you have been a breathe of fresh air here. You do tend to focus way too much on one religion, and that is why the adminstrators where trying to help direct you!I know that at first I was very offended when they began attacking me about my fly away doctrine as they call it!But you know what I've learned alot by still hanging around, but it did help me to re-evaluate what I believe, and why I believe it.You strongly believe against images. I Strongly believe in pre-Trib Rapture, and I Strongly believe in speaking in unknown tongues, and I have to defend what I believe alot around here. But it actually strengthens me on what I believe and helps me to dig deeper into the Word of God!So I encourage you to stick around!

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Brett;13669)
I would like to thank all for taking your time to read my postings.Some believed and some did not.I am sorry but I cannot stay where taking a stand against false religions is not tolerated. It is unbiblical to not do so.We are told in the Word to not even look upon a false religion or entertain their ways. If I see someone about to fall off a cliff I would rather drag him back by his hair in pain than smile and watch him drop to his death.If I see someone about to drop into the very depths of hell in following a false religion I will, make no doubt about it, expose that hideous thing for what it is and nothing else.It has been made clear that taking a stand and speaking out against these bringers of flasehood is not to continue.May the Lord open all your eyes to his truth.I would also like to ask the operators of this site to please remove the false images which are available to veiw and use.
Jesus said the wheat would grow with the tares till he returned.Wherever we are in our walk with Christ, we cannot expect others to leave their false beliefs if no one is willing to bring the truth to them.It does not say run away from Satan, it says put on the whole armour of God and resist him, and he will flee.The Lord expects us to tell the truth without judging others. For there is one judge. If you remaining here leads one person to the truth of Jesus Christ.How can you judge it being worthless being here among those you deem to be false?:angel9:

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I don't know what the situation is, but I have left forums where I was criticized for my personal beliefs. One thing I have learned about people who claim to be Christians is that they are quick to criticize. I read lots of things I totally disagree with as far as other people's beliefs, but I try not to criticize. I do, however, say what I believe on any particular subject. When possible I back it up with scripture, but sometimes it's just a personal belief that I cannot back up with scripture, and I can't expect others to accept it as fact.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(jodycour;13711)
Brett,I believe that you have been a breathe of fresh air here. You do tend to focus way too much on one religion, and that is why the adminstrators where trying to help direct you!I know that at first I was very offended when they began attacking me about my fly away doctrine as they call it!But you know what I've learned alot by still hanging around, but it did help me to re-evaluate what I believe, and why I believe it.You strongly believe against images. I Strongly believe in pre-Trib Rapture, and I Strongly believe in speaking in unknown tongues, and I have to defend what I believe alot around here. But it actually strengthens me on what I believe and helps me to dig deeper into the Word of God!So I encourage you to stick around!
I must agree with Jody pretty much here in that I totally enjoy your posts and have told you so. It is as Jody says we have to try to give everyone a chance sense we do not encourage any denomination/relgion teaching herewe instead try to strickly adhere to what the Bible says. Just as Jody says this causes some differences between us but is not meant to judge anyone. We had hoped that all religions that come here will learn something from the word that will inhance their religious experience. It maybe as Jody says to become firmer in your belief or wake some from slumber change it.What good is a Bible site if we wont allow anyone on that disagrees with us. Who would we be serving? What good to teach Gods word to all like believers except to pat each other on the back? We see our job as to put Gods word out there thats why we do not encouarage preaching of mens traditions.what any one takes from that is up to them. reguardless of thier religion.I do hope you stay as I think you have much to offer to many. To deny the many what you have learned because of one is a real shame and a loss to us all