That All Of You Agree With One Another In What You Say And That There Be No Divisions Among You,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 3-4-23 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Adar 11, 5783 74th Winter Day

1 Corinthians 1

1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving​

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. 7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

A Church Divided Over Leaders​

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom​

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[d]

Footnotes​

1. 1 Corinthians 1:10 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in verses 11 and 26; and in 2:1; 3:1; 4:6; 6:8; 7:24, 29; 10:1; 11:33; 12:1; 14:6, 20, 26, 39; 15:1, 6, 50, 58; 16:15, 20.
  2. 1 Corinthians 1:12 That is, Peter
  3. 1 Corinthians 1:19 Isaiah 29:14
  4. 1 Corinthians 1:31 Jer. 9:24
Love, Walter and Debbie

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the division is more in the how than the who in most cases.
I believe most Christians have their faith in Christ as the foundation.
But how to build upon that together in agreement... that's the challenge.
Thank you for sharing
:D
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Division stems from some of us doing our due diligence to not be ignorant.

While others feel entitled to speak confidently and decisively about things they know nothing about.

We must know the truth to be free, and not all of us want to know the truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if they are different in how they see things it’s up to you by the spirit of Christ to strike them down with your words.

….

Everyone mostly agrees who are Christian that Jesus came, rose and died again to establish the principles of heaven we learn to follow … which is not striking down people by our own words but Jesus had power to strike at the heart, assuredly.

The only way to get along is the allow people liberty and freedom to think; and find out for themselves, and your always welcome to ask questions.

I don’t expect Jesus to return anytime soon that is for sure and how you see and believe effects the way you may decide to live your life with freedom which most may not be able to handle as it is a lot of responsibility.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one road yes?
And yet many people coming from many different directions are drawn to this same road.
Mostly by what they heard or what they seen in their lives.
And some things may be obviously clear to some and unrecognizable to others.
We don't know everyone's background or how they got on the road, just that they are here and trying to go in the same direction.
This is not an easy journey for anyone. Always learning new things.
Sometimes I think I know something and then someone comes along and helps me see it another way. Sometimes multiple ways.
The more voices the louder the song.
Not everyone began their journey at the same time. Some are young and some are old. Some single and some married.
Everyone has a different perspective of how they were drawn and how they are being led.
The important thing is that we walk together and not set traps for others to fall into or trip over.
Try really hard not to discourage anothers faith.

You know what worries me?
There will come a time when true faith will be very hard to find. And those who are on the road will get pushed off.
We should strive to keep the path clear for each other.... somehow.

In this life what matters most to God is our love for Him and for eachother.
It's not religious or ceremonial or even being knowledgable or wise.
It's about love and caring one for another.
Not one of us is perfect. Not one of us have all the answers. And yet we are all travelling side by side the same journey the best we know how.
Everyone wants to be a teacher or a leader. Everyone wants to be at the head of the group showing the way carrying the torch.
Sometimes we forget that our place is to follow.
Jesus said: Follow me.
That's where our focus should be. Not on whether this one or that one is right or wrong. Focus on the way He is leading you.
And eventually we will all walk in step in the same direction.

Patience.

Just thinking
Hugs
:D

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likeminded on what . The doctrine , on the things Christ taught and later the apostels left us as a pattern to follow .
When paul taught let there be no divisions among you , DIVISIONS mean teachings and things contrary to what CHRIST
taught . NOT us overlooking doctrine for sake of unity . THEY were already doing that . THEY were living in sin
and still having unity with one another . That is no good .
Our unity must be centered on Christ , not on one another and how we view or see or do things . BUT HOW HE SAW
and did things . Our unity MUST be CHRIST centered , if not its just being unequally yoked , its glorying in error and sin
which is no good . Mark those who do cause divisions , CONTRARY to the DOCTRINE YE LEARNED .
Mark those and AVOID them . Not having unity with such but rather correcting them in hopes they repent .
Being likeminded means BEING LIKEMINDED of the things CHRIST taught , on the doctrine . Not allowing leaven to take root
but rather correcting it and thus having all to grow in the faith .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Saturday 3-4-23 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Adar 11, 5783 74th Winter Day

1 Corinthians 1

1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving​

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. 7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

A Church Divided Over Leaders​

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom​

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[d]

Footnotes​

1. 1 Corinthians 1:10 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in verses 11 and 26; and in 2:1; 3:1; 4:6; 6:8; 7:24, 29; 10:1; 11:33; 12:1; 14:6, 20, 26, 39; 15:1, 6, 50, 58; 16:15, 20.
  2. 1 Corinthians 1:12 That is, Peter
  3. 1 Corinthians 1:19 Isaiah 29:14
  4. 1 Corinthians 1:31 Jer. 9:24
Love, Walter and Debbie
We will never unite based on agreeing to the same errors. We need to go to God for a FULL experience of grace and the cross...On THAT ground we will come to unity...since it bypasses the flesh. We come together on the ground of Christ...we are all equal at the foot of the cross. But as long as we entertain our religious facades...with our favourite doctrines that are made to justify us....we will see the church splinter further and society at large becoming more and more diabolical.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT us overlooking doctrine for sake of unity .
This is true. The world wants us to unify under it's rules and doctrines. That's what makes us seperate from the world.
We only follow one teacher and that is Christ.
And Christ is taught in many forms and fashions. Not always in truth.
Some say we should follow so we can get rich, others say to follow or else you will burn in hell.
Others still, that we should follow them because they know more or have the preeminance over others.
Jesus says to follow him because he loves us. And that's enough for me.

You know me Friend, I been down some dark roads on this journey. The Law, Paul, Moses, Peter. I've questioned them all and their motives.
But Jesus keeps bringing me back to stand in front of him and hear him say... Follow me.
It's difficult to know when God expects us to pull someone out of a pit or if He would rather be the one to do it.
Sometimes we are presumptuous.

Some are called to lead and many are chosen to follow.
There are some teachers but many students.
And not all will become teachers. Many will simply serve tables and wash feet. :)

Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors. He didn't choose them because they were worthy. He chose them because He loved them.

I understand where you are coming from and I share your fears of this all inclusive worldly church that is forming today.
There is no truth in it.There is no Godly love in it. It is cold and careless and only seeks it's own power and gain.
But there are many that are being called out from that kind of unity into His glorious Kingdom.
A lot of them bring old habits and beliefs. Some things you can't change over night. But God is working on them.
First he has to plow the hard gound and soften it up and prepare for the seeds to be sown.
It's not up to us to turn away those who are seeking the truth. God will do it if it is His will.

Correction is good but not like the old school days when they would beat your knuckles with a ruler.
Jesus is a lot more patient and tolerant with those who are learning.
If they are still here it's because God wants them to be here, the same way you and I are still here.
And together we are stronger and the winds of doctrines can not move us from His truth.

You are a good friend Amigo,
and you bless me.
Much Love
Hugs

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Unity of the body requires unity of belief., regarding NT DOCTRINE.

"can any 2 walk together unless they be agreed"?

So, Paul teaches that "as many as be perfect".. """be thus minded"". = (same mind).......that these are the BELIEF united, and that can be Of GOD.... only when what is taught "doctrinally" is true.

What causes "division" on forums, and in Christianity, in general., is the clash of doctrines.

"well, our church teaches".... "yes, but my pastor said"....>"but in my commentary......>"but the Lord told me it means"... "but here is what i think it means".

See all that CRAP?
That's Crap.
(Paul's term is "dung".

"Doctrinal differences"......, and this has to happen, as if the NT doctrine that is taught is not right, then the understanding of the NT is not right, and that creates DIVISION and STRIFE, = the next denomination and so forth.

So who is right?

The = CROSS OF CHRIST

And reader if you dont get the Cross right, then your doctrine is as wrong as wrong can be no matter what you BELIEVE.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, Paul teaches that "as many as be perfect".. """be thus minded"". = (same mind).......that these are the BELIEF united, and that can be Of GOD.... only when what is taught "doctrinally" is true.

What causes "division" on forums, and in Christianity, in general., is the clash of doctrines.

"well, our church teaches".... "yes, but my pastor said"....>"but in my commentary......>"but the Lord told me it means"... "but here is what i think it means".

See all that CRAP?
That's Crap.
(Paul's term is "dung".

"Doctrinal differences", and this has to happen, as if the NT doctrine that is taught is not right, then the understanding of the NT is not right, and that creates DIVISION and STRIFE, = the next denomination and so forth.

So who is right?

The Cross.

And reader if you dont get the Cross right, then your doctrine is as wrong as wrong can be no matter what you BELIEVE.
He who has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit sayeth.

And all that "CRAP" is creating global warming... spiritually speaking lol.
I believe ALL scripture is truth, the problem lies in our own understanding and discernment.
Take any doctrine whether it be about head coverings or baptism.. whatever. And the first thing that comes to mind is fleshly knowledge.
We see the vail, we see the water. We can understand all these things on one level. And many are here.
Many teach on this one carnal understanding. And they believe what it says it means is only what it means.
Not everyone is inclined to dig deeper into it's truth and spiritual meaning.
That's usually where the confusion begins. Between the bone and the marrow.
Most times I live in the clouds. I try to keep my feet on the ground but it's heavy down here.
Living according to the flesh and it's understanding is very toilsome. I prefer Spiritual knowledge and understanding.
Always looking for the silver lining but never finding the end of it. Sometimes it gets pretty deep.
Sometimes people don't want to lose their footing. They feel comfortable grounded in a certain place or ideology.
I have a really hard time now reading the Bible with carnal eyes. Even though I know somethings written are meant to be carnal, I still see the spiritual implicarions of them.
It's these different levels or even call them stairs that some choose to climb and others choose not to.

It took me a very long time to understand that "breaking bread" meant to share His words.
That was my first rung on the ladder. I saw something more than just sitting at a table of food.
Now some can see this and others can't. To some is given and to others it may be delayed, or not at all.
Does this make me "right" ? Not necessairlly, it just means I see things differently on a different level. A little more spiritual, a little higher than just the carnal knowledge. God gives and God takes away, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I feel as if I'm living my life on a seperate plain than the rest of the world. It's brighter here and some would say flighty..
Politics brings this all crashing down to the carnal world we live in. Sometimes I spend a lot of time in politics, watching the world eat itself alive. It gets depressing. So God shows me the ladder and tells me when it's time to climb up and when it's time to come down.
I prefer up. LOL

Without the Cross I would have nowhere to go but down.
Thank you for sharing @Behold
Hugs

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See all that CRAP?
That's Crap.
(Paul's term is "dung".

"Doctrinal differences"......, and this has to happen, as if the NT doctrine that is taught is not right, then the understanding of the NT is not right, and that creates DIVISION and STRIFE, = the next denomination and so forth.

So who is right?

The = CROSS OF CHRIST

the other jesus syndrome has infected many . Just a lil skit to remind us of what the heck has been going on
and WHO is the one behind it , the dragon .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I believe ALL scripture is truth, the problem lies in our own understanding and discernment.
Take any doctrine whether it be about head coverings or baptism.. whatever. And the first thing that comes to mind is fleshly knowledge.
We see the vail, we see the water. We can understand all these things on one level. And many are here.
Many teach on this one carnal understanding. And they believe what it says it means is only what it means.
Most times I live in the clouds. I try to keep my feet on the ground but it's heavy down here.
Living according to the flesh and it's understanding is very toilsome. I prefer Spiritual knowledge and understanding.
Always looking for the silver lining but never finding the end of it. Sometimes it gets pretty deep.
Sometimes people don't want to lose their footing. They feel comfortable grounded in a certain place or ideology.
I have a really hard time now reading the Bible with carnal eyes. Even though I know somethings written are meant to be carnal, I still see the spiritual implicarions of them.
It's these different levels or even call them stairs that some choose to climb and others choose not to.

It took me a very long time to understand that "breaking bread" meant to share His words.
That was my first rung on the ladder. I saw something more than just sitting at a table of food.
Now some can see this and others can't. To some is given and to others it may be delayed, or not at all.
Does this make me "right" ? Not necessairlly, it just means I see things differently on a different level. A little more spiritual, a little higher than just the carnal knowledge. God gives and God takes away, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I feel as if I'm living my life on a seperate plain than the rest of the world. It's brighter here and some would say flighty..
Politics brings this all crashing down to the carnal world we live in. Sometimes I spend a lot of time in politics, watching the world eat itself alive. It gets depressing. So God shows me the ladder and tells me when it's time to climb up and when it's time to come down.
I prefer up. LOL

Hugs

Hugs to you also, Ziggy.

Shalom, Shalom

<B><

Reactions: Ziggy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I prefer up. LOL

Hugs
I've prayed that your knee gets better.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if they are different in how they see things it’s up to you by the spirit of Christ to strike them down with your words.

….

Everyone mostly agrees who are Christian that Jesus came, rose and died again to establish the principles of heaven we learn to follow … which is not striking down people by our own words but Jesus had power to strike at the heart, assuredly.

The only way to get along is the allow people liberty and freedom to think; and find out for themselves, and your always welcome to ask questions.

I don’t expect Jesus to return anytime soon that is for sure and how you see and believe effects the way you may decide to live your life with freedom which most may not be able to handle as it is a lot of responsibility.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 10:15 - “As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 10:16 - “And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 10:15 - “As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 10:16 - “And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
“‘Verily, verily, I say to you, He who is not entering through the door to the fold of the sheep, but is going up from another side, that one is a thief and a robber; and he who is entering through the door is shepherd of the sheep; to this one the doorkeeper doth open, and the sheep hear his voice, and his own sheep he doth call by name, and doth lead them forth; and when his own sheep he may put forth, before them he goeth on, and the sheep follow him, because they have known his voice; and a stranger they will not follow, but will flee from him, because they have not known the voice of strangers.’ This similitude spake Jesus to them, and they knew not what the things were that he was speaking to them; Jesus said therefore again to them, ‘Verily, verily, I say to you — I am the door of the sheep; all, as many as came before me, are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them; I am the door, through me if any one may come in, he shall be saved, and he shall come in, and go out, and find pasture. ‘The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly. ‘I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd his life layeth down for the sheep; and the hireling, and not being a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, doth behold the wolf coming, and doth leave the sheep, and doth flee; and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep; and the hireling doth flee because he is an hireling, and is not caring for the sheep. ‘I am the good shepherd, and I know my [sheep], and am known by mine, according as the Father doth know me, and I know the Father, and my life I lay down for the sheep, and other sheep I have that are not of this fold, these also it behoveth me to bring, and my voice they will hear, and there shall become one flock — one shepherd. ‘Because of this doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that again I may take it; no one doth take it from me, but I lay it down of myself; authority I have to lay it down, and authority I have again to take it; this command I received from my Father.’ Therefore, again, there came a division among the Jews, because of these words, and many of them said, ‘He hath a demon, and is mad, why do ye hear him?’ others said, ‘These sayings are not those of a demoniac; is a demon able blind men's eyes to open?’ And the dedication in Jerusalem came, and it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the porch of Solomon, the Jews, therefore, came round about him, and said to him, ‘Till when our soul dost thou hold in suspense? if thou art the Christ, tell us freely.’ Jesus answered them, ‘I told you, and ye do not believe; the works that I do in the name of my Father, these testify concerning me; but ye do not believe, for ye are not of my sheep, according as I said to you: My sheep my voice do hear, and I know them, and they follow me, and life age-during I give to them, and they shall not perish — to the age, and no one shall pluck them out of my hand; my Father, who hath given to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck out of the hand of my Father; I and the Father are one.’ Therefore, again, did the Jews take up stones that they may stone him; Jesus answered them, ‘Many good works did I shew you from my Father; because of which work of them do ye stone me?’ The Jews answered him, saying, ‘For a good work we do not stone thee, but for evil speaking, and because thou, being a man, dost make thyself God.’ Jesus answered them, ‘Is it not having been written in your law: I said, ye are gods? if them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the Writing is not able to be broken,) of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say — Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am? if I do not the works of my Father, do not believe me; and if I do, even if me ye may not believe, the works believe, that ye may know and may believe that in me [is] the Father, and I in Him.’ Therefore were they seeking again to seize him, and he went forth out of their hand, and went away again to the other side of the Jordan, to the place where John was at first baptizing, and remained there, and many came unto him, and said — ‘John, indeed, did no sign, and all things, as many as John said about this one were true;’ and many did believe in him there.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10‬:‭1‬-‭42‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting certain verses doesn’t really matter me due the context, and overall view concerning the accomplishments of Jesus who brings all into reconciliation with God it’s up to them incorporate him into there own life daily and he works on our hearts and mind, as we allow him by reading the Bible.

“And there was a certain one ailing, Lazarus, from Bethany, of the village of Mary and Martha her sister — and it was Mary who did anoint the Lord with ointment, and did wipe his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ailing — therefore sent the sisters unto him, saying, ‘Sir, lo, he whom thou dost love is ailing;’ and Jesus having heard, said, ‘This ailment is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.’ And Jesus was loving Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus, when, therefore, he heard that he is ailing, then indeed he remained in the place in which he was two days, then after this, he saith to the disciples, ‘We may go to Judea again;’ the disciples say to him, ‘Rabbi, now were the Jews seeking to stone thee, and again thou dost go thither!’ Jesus answered, ‘Are there not twelve hours in the day? if any one may walk in the day, he doth not stumble, because the light of this world he doth see; and if any one may walk in the night, he stumbleth, because the light is not in him.’ These things he said, and after this he saith to them, ‘Lazarus our friend hath fallen asleep, but I go on that I may awake him;’ therefore said his disciples, ‘Sir, if he hath fallen asleep, he will be saved;’ but Jesus had spoken about his death, but they thought that about the repose of sleep he speaketh. Then, therefore, Jesus said to them freely, ‘Lazarus hath died; and I rejoice, for your sake, (that ye may believe,) that I was not there; but we may go to him;’ therefore said Thomas, who is called Didymus, to the fellow-disciples, ‘We may go — we also, that we may die with him,’ Jesus, therefore, having come, found him having been four days already in the tomb. And Bethany was nigh to Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off, and many of the Jews had come unto Martha and Mary, that they might comfort them concerning their brother; Martha, therefore, when she heard that Jesus doth come, met him, and Mary kept sitting in the house. Martha, therefore, said unto Jesus, ‘Sir, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died; but even now, I have known that whatever thou mayest ask of God, God will give to thee;’ Jesus saith to her, ‘Thy brother shall rise again.’ Martha saith to him, ‘I have known that he will rise again, in the rising again in the last day;’ Jesus said to her, ‘I am the rising again, and the life; he who is believing in me, even if he may die, shall live; and every one who is living and believing in me shall not die — to the age; believest thou this?’ she saith to him, ‘Yes, sir, I have believed that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming to the world.’ And these things having said, she went away, and called Mary her sister privately, saying, ‘The Teacher is present, and doth call thee;’ she, when she heard, riseth up quickly, and doth come to him; and Jesus had not yet come to the village, but was in the place where Martha met him; the Jews, therefore, who were with her in the house, and were comforting her, having seen Mary that she rose up quickly and went forth, followed her, saying — ‘She doth go away to the tomb, that she may weep there.’ Mary, therefore, when she came where Jesus was, having seen him, fell at his feet, saying to him, ‘Sir, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died;’ Jesus, therefore, when he saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, did groan in the spirit, and troubled himself, and he said, ‘Where have ye laid him?’ they say to him, ‘Sir, come and see;’ Jesus wept. The Jews, therefore, said, ‘Lo, how he was loving him!’ and certain of them said, ‘Was not this one, who did open the eyes of the blind man, able to cause that also this one might not have died?’ Jesus, therefore, again groaning in himself, cometh to the tomb, and it was a cave, and a stone was lying upon it, Jesus saith, ‘Take ye away the stone;’ the sister of him who hath died — Martha — saith to him, ‘Sir, already he stinketh, for he is four days dead;’ Jesus saith to her, ‘Said I not to thee, that if thou mayest believe, thou shalt see the glory of God?’ They took away, therefore, the stone where the dead was laid, and Jesus lifted his eyes upwards, and said, ‘Father, I thank Thee, that Thou didst hear me; and I knew that Thou always dost hear me, but, because of the multitude that is standing by, I said [it], that they may believe that Thou didst send me.’ And these things saying, with a loud voice he cried out, ‘Lazarus, come forth;’ and he who died came forth, being bound feet and hands with grave-clothes, and his visage with a napkin was bound about; Jesus saith to them, ‘Loose him, and suffer to go.’ Many, therefore, of the Jews who came unto Mary, and beheld what Jesus did, believed in him; but certain of them went away unto the Pharisees, and told them what Jesus did; the chief priests, therefore, and the Pharisees, gathered together a sanhedrim, and said, ‘What may we do? because this man doth many signs? if we may let him alone thus, all will believe in him; and the Romans will come, and will take away both our place and nation.’ And a certain one of them, Caiaphas, being chief priest of that year, said to them, ‘Ye have not known anything, nor reason that it is good for us that one man may die for the people, and not the whole nation perish.’ And this he said not of himself, but being chief priest of that year, he did prophesy that Jesus was about to die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but that also the children of God, who have been scattered abroad, he may gather together into one. From that day, therefore, they took counsel together that they may kill him; Jesus, therefore, was no more freely walking among the Jews, but went away thence to the region nigh the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there he tarried with his disciples. And the passover of the Jews was nigh, and many went up to Jerusalem out of the country before the passover, that they might purify themselves; they were seeking, therefore, Jesus, and said one with another, standing in the temple, ‘What doth appear to you — that he may not come to the feast?’ and both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a command, that if any one may know where he is, he may shew [it], so that they may seize him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭57‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting certain verses doesn’t really matter me due the context, and overall view concerning the accomplishments of Jesus who brings all into reconciliation with God it’s up to them incorporate him into there own life daily and he works on our hearts and mind, as we allow him by reading the Bible.

“And there was a certain one ailing, Lazarus, from Bethany, of the village of Mary and Martha her sister — and it was Mary who did anoint the Lord with ointment, and did wipe his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ailing — therefore sent the sisters unto him, saying, ‘Sir, lo, he whom thou dost love is ailing;’ and Jesus having heard, said, ‘This ailment is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.’ And Jesus was loving Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus, when, therefore, he heard that he is ailing, then indeed he remained in the place in which he was two days, then after this, he saith to the disciples, ‘We may go to Judea again;’ the disciples say to him, ‘Rabbi, now were the Jews seeking to stone thee, and again thou dost go thither!’ Jesus answered, ‘Are there not twelve hours in the day? if any one may walk in the day, he doth not stumble, because the light of this world he doth see; and if any one may walk in the night, he stumbleth, because the light is not in him.’ These things he said, and after this he saith to them, ‘Lazarus our friend hath fallen asleep, but I go on that I may awake him;’ therefore said his disciples, ‘Sir, if he hath fallen asleep, he will be saved;’ but Jesus had spoken about his death, but they thought that about the repose of sleep he speaketh. Then, therefore, Jesus said to them freely, ‘Lazarus hath died; and I rejoice, for your sake, (that ye may believe,) that I was not there; but we may go to him;’ therefore said Thomas, who is called Didymus, to the fellow-disciples, ‘We may go — we also, that we may die with him,’ Jesus, therefore, having come, found him having been four days already in the tomb. And Bethany was nigh to Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off, and many of the Jews had come unto Martha and Mary, that they might comfort them concerning their brother; Martha, therefore, when she heard that Jesus doth come, met him, and Mary kept sitting in the house. Martha, therefore, said unto Jesus, ‘Sir, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died; but even now, I have known that whatever thou mayest ask of God, God will give to thee;’ Jesus saith to her, ‘Thy brother shall rise again.’ Martha saith to him, ‘I have known that he will rise again, in the rising again in the last day;’ Jesus said to her, ‘I am the rising again, and the life; he who is believing in me, even if he may die, shall live; and every one who is living and believing in me shall not die — to the age; believest thou this?’ she saith to him, ‘Yes, sir, I have believed that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming to the world.’ And these things having said, she went away, and called Mary her sister privately, saying, ‘The Teacher is present, and doth call thee;’ she, when she heard, riseth up quickly, and doth come to him; and Jesus had not yet come to the village, but was in the place where Martha met him; the Jews, therefore, who were with her in the house, and were comforting her, having seen Mary that she rose up quickly and went forth, followed her, saying — ‘She doth go away to the tomb, that she may weep there.’ Mary, therefore, when she came where Jesus was, having seen him, fell at his feet, saying to him, ‘Sir, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died;’ Jesus, therefore, when he saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, did groan in the spirit, and troubled himself, and he said, ‘Where have ye laid him?’ they say to him, ‘Sir, come and see;’ Jesus wept. The Jews, therefore, said, ‘Lo, how he was loving him!’ and certain of them said, ‘Was not this one, who did open the eyes of the blind man, able to cause that also this one might not have died?’ Jesus, therefore, again groaning in himself, cometh to the tomb, and it was a cave, and a stone was lying upon it, Jesus saith, ‘Take ye away the stone;’ the sister of him who hath died — Martha — saith to him, ‘Sir, already he stinketh, for he is four days dead;’ Jesus saith to her, ‘Said I not to thee, that if thou mayest believe, thou shalt see the glory of God?’ They took away, therefore, the stone where the dead was laid, and Jesus lifted his eyes upwards, and said, ‘Father, I thank Thee, that Thou didst hear me; and I knew that Thou always dost hear me, but, because of the multitude that is standing by, I said [it], that they may believe that Thou didst send me.’ And these things saying, with a loud voice he cried out, ‘Lazarus, come forth;’ and he who died came forth, being bound feet and hands with grave-clothes, and his visage with a napkin was bound about; Jesus saith to them, ‘Loose him, and suffer to go.’ Many, therefore, of the Jews who came unto Mary, and beheld what Jesus did, believed in him; but certain of them went away unto the Pharisees, and told them what Jesus did; the chief priests, therefore, and the Pharisees, gathered together a sanhedrim, and said, ‘What may we do? because this man doth many signs? if we may let him alone thus, all will believe in him; and the Romans will come, and will take away both our place and nation.’ And a certain one of them, Caiaphas, being chief priest of that year, said to them, ‘Ye have not known anything, nor reason that it is good for us that one man may die for the people, and not the whole nation perish.’ And this he said not of himself, but being chief priest of that year, he did prophesy that Jesus was about to die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but that also the children of God, who have been scattered abroad, he may gather together into one. From that day, therefore, they took counsel together that they may kill him; Jesus, therefore, was no more freely walking among the Jews, but went away thence to the region nigh the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there he tarried with his disciples. And the passover of the Jews was nigh, and many went up to Jerusalem out of the country before the passover, that they might purify themselves; they were seeking, therefore, Jesus, and said one with another, standing in the temple, ‘What doth appear to you — that he may not come to the feast?’ and both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a command, that if any one may know where he is, he may shew [it], so that they may seize him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭57‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
A wise man once told me “If you can’t be brilliant be brief.” I always aim for both but at least I know I get one right.

Reactions: Illuminator

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wise man once told me “If you can’t be brilliant be brief.” I always aim for both but at least I know I get one right.
Sounds like shooting a bow and arrow at point blank range, but missing and the arrow slipping and hitting the can of gasoline causing an explosion, Rlt63, but thank God for the Lord, and the resurrection.