The “cosmic web”…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So…I just watched the first episode in a documentary series just released, and I have to say I watched much of it with an open mouth.
Not only did this ‘professor’ of physics call the stars ‘gods’, he then went on to cite a revised version of Genesis: “in the beginning it was dark…but it was NOT void. There was the cosmic web”.
I was like…what the??
So…apparently they’ve done away with the Big Bang…and now they have ‘the cosmic web’, a massive structure made of interlocking filaments of dark matter that stretched the entirety of the universe. Where the web ‘intersected’, the gravity was intense, causing the first stars to form. ‘And there was light’…the professor states with wonder.
I think I gagged.

The thing that tickled me, slightly, was that even having stepped around the ‘big bang’, they still haven’t answered the problem of causality…what created the dark matter in the first place? And also…dark matter is theory…no one has been able to prove it actually exists. Which means the ‘cosmic web’ theory is solely based upon…faith. Faith that dark matter exists.
So…yay science??

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So…I just watched the first episode in a documentary series just released, and I have to say I watched much of it with an open mouth.
Not only did this ‘professor’ of physics call the stars ‘gods’, he then went on to cite a revised version of Genesis: “in the beginning it was dark…but it was NOT void. There was the cosmic web”.
I was like…what the??
So…apparently they’ve done away with the Big Bang…and now they have ‘the cosmic web’, a massive structure made of interlocking filaments of dark matter that stretched the entirety of the universe. Where the web ‘intersected’, the gravity was intense, causing the first stars to form. ‘And there was light’…the professor states with wonder.
I think I gagged.

The thing that tickled me, slightly, was that even having stepped around the ‘big bang’, they still haven’t answered the problem of causality…what created the dark matter in the first place? And also…dark matter is theory…no one has been able to prove it actually exists. Which means the ‘cosmic web’ theory is solely based upon…faith. Faith that dark matter exists.
So…yay science??
Hi @Naomi25

Similarly, from Virgil's Georgics:

Felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas - Wikipedia

They admit that they need to find out.

We know.

Reactions: Naomi25

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was like…what the??
I think I gagged.

So…yay science??
when the lights are out, when there's no moon and I have no torch and im bustin' for the toilet there seems to be plenty of dark matter around. o_O

Reactions: GEN2REV and Naomi25

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was like…what the??
I think I gagged.

So…yay science??
The great discoveries of science have all been made by analyzing natural phenomenon with mathematics to create theoretical models that can be tested experimentally and potentially applied as technology. However modern science has turned to using mathematics to support imaginary concepts. The consequence is that research money is often thrown at "theories" without successful results. Mathematics is a mental discipline of symbolic constructs. It's not science, but a tool for understanding and applying scientific principles, a way to organize thoughts. You can use math to construct elaborate ideas, but that doesn't make the ideas real. The fact that we can imagine anything, doesn't mean that anything we can imagine is real.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Romans 1:18-23

19 And take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the Lord your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. Deuteronomy 4:19

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

Scripture talks about the host of heaven in two ways, as physical objects and as spiritual beings. The Sun, moon, and stars aren't spiritual beings but do represent the spiritual luminaries, the spiritual host of heaven. These were called gods and worshipped by ancient cultures, but they are created beings given to "all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. "

13 But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
Hebrews1:13-14

Scripture teaches that God created angels and the heavenly host to rule over humanity until His Son became the inheritor of all things. Christians receive a share in that inheritance. We will judge angels and in biblical terms that implies that we will rule over them in Christ's kingdom. This reversal of "role " is seen elsewhere in scripture and what could be more equitable than that to a God who will reward each according to his doings, whether good or evil.

8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
he fixed the borders of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God. Deuteronomy 32:8 ( ESV)
I should note that most translations give the phrase "children of Israel" rather than the more literal "sons of God.," But Israel didn't exist at the original division of the nation's after the fall of the tower of Babel, which would make this verse prophetic, rather than historic.

The "sons of God" or heavenly host, were given authority over the nations when the peoples were divided, Christ and His church are given all authority in His kingdom.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
…dark matter is theory…no one has been able to prove it actually exists. Which means the ‘cosmic web’ theory is solely based upon…faith. Faith that dark matter exists.
So…yay science??
And anything that is based upon faith is called ... a religion.

There's a whole warehouse full of theories that science swears by and has gone forth to teach in schools and universities all over the world as if they'd already been proven. Not the least of which is evolution.

Because they can't fight the fact that these things have never been proven, they've resorted to one of their well-known tricks to try and level the playing field. They've changed the definition of theory completely.

This post of yours is a perfect example of why I get dizzy every time an adherent to the religion of science (falsely so-called) begins listing its resumes and qualifications, etc. Science changes its mind, about everything it once claimed was proven fact, at least once every decade. Doctors change their minds about diseases and conditions and diets and the best medical treatments and the safety of specific medications, etc. ... constantly. Yet every one of these adherents to the faith will swear to god that we know more today than we've ever known before and what we know right now is so much more accurate than what we knew yesterday. Sad really.

It really makes one want to climb up on a roof top somewhere with a bullhorn and shout, "Is anybody awake out there?!!"

Apparently not.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
michaelvpardo said:
when he divided mankind,
according to the number of the sons of God.
Deuteronomy 32:8 ( ESV)
I should note that most translations give the phrase "children of Israel" rather than the more literal "sons of God.," But Israel didn't exist at the original division of the nation's after the fall of the tower of Babel, which would make this verse prophetic, rather than historic.

The "sons of God" or heavenly host, were given authority over the nations when the peoples were divided, Christ and His church are given all authority in His kingdom.
Many believe that this verse is actually referring to the Giants; the Fallen Angels or their offspring. The DSS reads 'Angels of God'. The Symmachus reads 'sons of God.'

There is a possibility that there were Giants among the bloodline of the early Israelites due to all of the intermingling with the surrounding nations and God's rage about this would fit the bill. Almost all of the Judges, including Gideon, Jephthah and Samson, were Giants. You can prove this with scripture if you study it out carefully.

There are many more clues in scripture that suggest Giants were still being born hundreds, or even thousands, of years later from the bloodlines that had the Fallen Angel seed introduced to it in Genesis 6:4, and also after the flood. Apparently, the whoring Israel was doing wasn't always spiritual in nature.

When the KJV speaks of princes and of mighty men, or men of renown, etc., it is speaking of those of great stature. The KJV version of Jeremiah 38:10 has THIRTY men being needed to pull Jeremiah out of a well that he was lowered into by princes. Modern versions of that passage change the amount of men to 3. Why would they do that?

Giants are not a welcome subject among modern Christianity because they not only prove the Bible to be a supernatural story, but they throw a giant wrench into the theory of evolution and all of scientific theory about the origins of man.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 Well, I guess a thread sometimes develops a 'stream of consciousness' character....
They sure do! I know some folks get frustrated when a thread goes ‘off topic’, but I quite enjoy the general role of a conversation…and that includes some tangents!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The great discoveries of science have all been made by analyzing natural phenomenon with mathematics to create theoretical models that can be tested experimentally and potentially applied as technology. However modern science has turned to using mathematics to support imaginary concepts. The consequence is that research money is often thrown at "theories" without successful results. Mathematics is a mental discipline of symbolic constructs. It's not science, but a tool for understanding and applying scientific principles, a way to organize thoughts. You can use math to construct elaborate ideas, but that doesn't make the ideas real. The fact that we can imagine anything, doesn't mean that anything we can imagine is real.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Romans 1:18-23

19 And take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the Lord your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. Deuteronomy 4:19

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

Scripture talks about the host of heaven in two ways, as physical objects and as spiritual beings. The Sun, moon, and stars aren't spiritual beings but do represent the spiritual luminaries, the spiritual host of heaven. These were called gods and worshipped by ancient cultures, but they are created beings given to "all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. "

13 But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
Hebrews1:13-14

Scripture teaches that God created angels and the heavenly host to rule over humanity until His Son became the inheritor of all things. Christians receive a share in that inheritance. We will judge angels and in biblical terms that implies that we will rule over them in Christ's kingdom. This reversal of "role " is seen elsewhere in scripture and what could be more equitable than that to a God who will reward each according to his doings, whether good or evil.

when he divided mankind,
according to the number of the sons of God.
Deuteronomy 32:8 ( ESV)

I’d give that post 2 likes if I could!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25

What is the title of the Documentary?
I found it on the ABC’s “iview” app. It’s called “Universe with Brian Cox”. I think I only made it through the first episode…
It’d be really interesting if it was the ‘genesis’ story for a good fiction. As is, its just a bit funny…or tragic.

Reactions: GEN2REV

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found it on the ABC’s “iview” app. It’s called “Universe with Brian Cox”. I think I only made it through the first episode…
It’d be really interesting if it was the ‘genesis’ story for a good fiction. As is, its just a bit funny…or tragic.
I stream ABC news on my TV because there isn't much available around the clock and I don't receive broadcast TV in my location.

They frequently stream programming opposed to traditional Christianity and other programming that promotes New Age religion and the destruction of traditional social values. They should change their logo to a toad.