The “immortal” jellyfish

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found in the waters of both the Mediterranean Sea and Japan, a tiny invertebrate called Turritopsis dohrnii is the only animal known to be biologically capable of reverting back to sexual immaturity after reaching adulthood. As there is no limit to the number of times it reverts back to a near-infant state, it can conceivably repeat the process forever, rendering it immortal.

Formerly known as Turritopsis nutricula, scientists first discovered the immortal jellyfish in 1883, when they found it swimming in the warm waters of the Mediterranean.

But it would take another century for scientists to discover the species’ unique abilities — and to discover that the immortal jellyfish’s long life wasn’t some otherworldly blessing, but an attempt to save itself from the dangers of the deep sea.

Taking cues from Mother Nature herself, the scientific community is looking to the Turritopsis dohrnii for new ways to manipulate cells.

In fact, one recent study of mice found success in using gene manipulation to get fibroblasts, a type of architectural cell in the heart, to transdifferentiate into cardiomyocyte-like cells, the essential bundles of muscle that allow the heart to do its job.

While researchers still have a long way to go in understanding just how the process which puts the “immortal” in “immortal jellyfish” can work to benefit humans, big strides are being made one step at a time.

45ECDA6E-E615-43D3-9BE4-8031F2DC4FC5.jpeg

This Jellyfish Can Live Forever: Here's How, And What This Means For Humans

Reactions: Mayflower

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 9:6 (KJV) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it;
Maybe they will figure it out and apply it to humans. Don't they grind these up and sell them as a brain vitamin or something? lol. I saw a commercial for it. Prevegen I think.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Found in the waters of both the Mediterranean Sea and Japan, a tiny invertebrate called Turritopsis dohrnii is the only animal known to be biologically capable of reverting back to sexual immaturity after reaching adulthood. As there is no limit to the number of times it reverts back to a near-infant state, it can conceivably repeat the process forever, rendering it immortal.

Formerly known as Turritopsis nutricula, scientists first discovered the immortal jellyfish in 1883, when they found it swimming in the warm waters of the Mediterranean.

But it would take another century for scientists to discover the species’ unique abilities — and to discover that the immortal jellyfish’s long life wasn’t some otherworldly blessing, but an attempt to save itself from the dangers of the deep sea.

Taking cues from Mother Nature herself, the scientific community is looking to the Turritopsis dohrnii for new ways to manipulate cells.

In fact, one recent study of mice found success in using gene manipulation to get fibroblasts, a type of architectural cell in the heart, to transdifferentiate into cardiomyocyte-like cells, the essential bundles of muscle that allow the heart to do its job.

While researchers still have a long way to go in understanding just how the process which puts the “immortal” in “immortal jellyfish” can work to benefit humans, big strides are being made one step at a time.

View attachment 18760

This Jellyfish Can Live Forever: Here's How, And What This Means For Humans

@GaryAnderson There are some amazing things in nature and new things are being discovered all the time. God's creation is truly awesome.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 9:6 (KJV) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it;
Maybe they will figure it out and apply it to humans. Don't they grind these up and sell them as a brain vitamin or something? lol. I saw a commercial for it. Prevegen I think.

They don’t have any applications of any medicine on humans but the theory is that with enough study we can learn from this creature and apply it to humans who have numerous health issues such as cancer etc.

Reactions: Mantis

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They're already mixing animal with human and have been for decades ....or more. They're always looking for ways to become immortal ....playing on that old lie satan tries to sell of "becoming gods."

Reactions: Wrangler

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They're already mixing animal with human and have been for decades ....or more. They're always looking for ways to become immortal ....playing on that old lie satan tries to sell of "becoming gods."

I dunno about this but I see things in terms of lessening the suffering of people. Using our God-given minds we can lessen the suffering of people worldwide. This little jellyfish may help with that.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno about this but I see things in terms of lessening the suffering of people. Using our God-given minds we can lessen the suffering of people worldwide. This little jellyfish may help with that.
There are already known cures for cancer being held away from the public, even outlawed because the FDA and drug companies lose money when people use natural substances to get well. It happened in my family. The Trump administration shut down everything that was working for my son. We don't need to integrate jellyfish DNA into our DNA.

And about combining human and animal DNA ....I know because I have seen the resulting human-animal hybrids myself (as a child).

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are already known cures for cancer being held away from the public, even outlawed because the FDA and drug companies lose money when people use natural substances to get well. It happened in my family. The Trump administration shut down everything that was working for my son. We don't need to integrate jellyfish DNA into our DNA.

And about combining human and animal DNA ....I know because I have seen the resulting human-animal hybrids myself (as a child).

We have different views on this, especially regarding diseases.
As far as mixing dna between species that’s already in the works but not on humans yet. There’s a documentary on Netflix where a guy mixed the genes of his dog with a firefly and he now has a glowing dog in the dark.

Also, a Chinese scientist edited the genes of 3 babies (before they were born) and made them immune of HIV. First ever case of human gene editing.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One way to begin the journey to overcoming cancer is a fast of at least 3 days ...7 days if possible. Then eating organic non-gmo keto (no sugars/low carb, lots of leafy greens) ...two meals a day (4 or 5 hrs apart) with healthy fats, moderate protein, and large salads ...no snacks in between ...fasting the rest of the time between the last meal of the day and the first meal of the next day. Eat, say 8am and 1pm ....fast the rest of the day until the next morning. Adding in longer term fasting on occasion ...a day or up to 7 days .....cancer starts dying. And the high quality nutrients are used to rebuild healthy cells. But there are other things found in God's created nature (not "mother nature") that are helpful such as spirulina, chlorophyll, high dose liposomal vitamin C, Vitamin D3 (and all the cofactors), full spectrum CBD oil with THC, B-17 which comes from apricot seeds .... frankincense and myrrh .....on and on.....

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as mixing dna between species that’s already in the works but not on humans yet.
You're very wrong on that. Too late to tell me this since I've seen them with my own eyes. I was introduced to a fully functional human-animal hybrid named Marlena back in the early 80's. She was human from the waist up (except for a pair of wings), and a mixture of animals from the waist down.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not going to say that approach is wrong, but it’s not a cure to cancer.
Cancer is a random defect on cellular level. The idea is to find a way to cure this random defect without causing more damage and suffering to the rest of the body with today’s treatments.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you're wrong. It was working for my son until Trump made sure he shut it down.

Reactions: Wrangler

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cannabis is proven to shrink and eliminate cancer in lab rats. Now humans are way bigger so the dose would be huge but still, a natural plant that is PROVEN to kill cancer. Just sayin.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannabis is proven to shrink and eliminate cancer in lab rats. Now humans are way bigger so the dose would be huge but still, a natural plant that is PROVEN to kill cancer. Just sayin.
Yes, I mentioned full spectrum CBD+THC oils which come from cannabis. It worked for my son until the government made it difficult for us to get it. Then we went to B-17 and that also was promptly shut down. They both work.

With the oils, we gave him half a dropper of CBD, then 15 minutes later, about 2 drops of THC. The CBD counteracts the psychedelic effects of the THC while allowing it to do its thing. We dosed him 3 times a day at first and worked him up to 6 drops of THC (with the CBD) 5 times a day.

It did help his appetite, but he never got "munchy." He was always a healthy weight and his blood work was always great.

While he was on the oils, his scans were CLEAN!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I mentioned full spectrum CBD+THC oils which come from cannabis. It worked for my son until the government made it difficult for us to get it. Then we went to B-17 and that also was promptly shut down. They both work.

With the oils, we gave him half a dropper of CBD, then 15 minutes later, about 2 drops of THC. The CBD counteracts the psychedelic effects of the THC while allowing it to do its thing. We dosed him 3 times a day at first and worked him up to 6 drops of THC (with the CBD) 5 times a day.

It did help his appetite, but he never got "munchy." He was always a healthy weight and his blood work was always great.

Yeah my uncle had leukemia. I grew a field of hemp and was giving him a full spectrum oils hoping it would help. Unfortunately he got pneumonia with the cancer and it took him before any of the cannabis could help. I didn't even get a chance to share the gospel with him, it took him so fast. I feel like I screwed waiting for the opportune time to share the gospel.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is B-17 a vitamin? Iv'e never heard of it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is B-17 a vitamin? Iv'e never heard of it.
It isn't an actual vitamin, but it comes from apricot seeds. Hint...grow some apricot trees!! B-17 is the aspect of the seeds that kills cancer. But you can chew the seeds too. (Get organic, non-gmo.) The b-17 in pill form is more concentrated.

Reactions: Mantis

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah my uncle had leukemia. I grew a field of hemp and was giving him a full spectrum oils hoping it would help. Unfortunately he got pneumonia with the cancer and it took him before any of the cannabis could help. I didn't even get a chance to share the gospel with him, it took him so fast. I feel like I screwed waiting for the opportune time to share the gospel.
I'm sorry to hear that, brother.

I'm very grateful that my son grew into a very strong Christian through his ordeal. I've never met a young man stronger in faith and selfless love than my son. He was only 17 when he went Home, but he left a huge legacy and testimony behind.❤️

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that, brother.

I'm very grateful that my son grew into a very strong Christian through his ordeal. I've never met a young man stronger in faith and selfless love than my son. He was only 17 when he went Home, but he left a huge legacy and testimony behind.❤️
I am so sorry to hear that.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and farouk