The 1,000 year reign of the Overcomer with Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revelation 20:1-10

Hello there,

* It would seem that the only definite Scripture we have concerning the period of 1000 years, which we know of as 'The Millennium' is to be found in Revelation 20:1-10. That word is not used in Scripture, but is a word which has become commonplace, but describes only the first 1,000 years of the reign of Christ, and is the period in which 'The Overcomers' of the tribulation period will reign with Christ. It appears to be their reward for faithfulness to the testimony of Christ and the word of God, for they do not worship the Beast or his image or receive his mark in either their forehead or their hands. They have part in the first of two resurrections associated with this period, and are therefore called both 'Blessed' and 'Holy', and the second death holds no fear for them. 'They shall be priests of God and of Christ' (Revelation 6:9-11 - fulfilled)

* These '
priests of God and of Christ' who 'reign with Him' are not an earthly priesthood, they are heavenly, and minister and reign from their exalted position in the Heavenly Jerusalem: For Heaven has its 'Temple' (Revelation 11:19; 15:5-8). and its 'Ark' (Rev. 11:19), its 'Altar' (Rev. 8:3). its 'Incense' (Rev. 8:3,4) and consequently has a heavenly priesthood.

* The 'overcomer', his suffering, his endurance, his deliverance and his reign as a priest with Christ in the heavenly Jerusalem, is the theme of the Apocalypse, and limits the use of the word 'millennium' so much, that every passage from either the Old or New Testament which is labelled 'Millennial' by countless commentators, must be challenged, in case we, by a zeal without knowledge were to rob the Millennium of its distinctive character, and be found entertaining instead a vision of our own hearts.

* It begins with the restraining of Satan in the bottomless pit, so that his influence and deception is not in evidence during that period. It's end is marked by Satan's release from the bottomless pit, and his deception of the nations, which instigates rebellion.

* The reign of Christ commences with the coming of Christ and the end of Gentile dominion, and goes on unbroken - [it shall 'never be destroyed', and 'shall not pass away' - Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:14; Daniel 7:27] - until the Son having put all things under His feet - [for He 'must reign' until this is accomplished (1 Corinthians 15:25-26), which reaches to the Great White Throne judgment and beyond] - delivers up the kingdom to God, even the Father, that God may be all in all (1 Corinthians 15:28 ). This is the reign of Christ, the Millennial reign being but a portion of it, and possibly a small portion at that.

* What comes to an end at the end of the 1,000 years is the reign of the Overcomers.

* The day of the Lord is to be succeeded by the day of God, just as the kingdom of David characterised by the presence of the enemy and of war, was succeeded by the kingdom of Solomon characterised by 'Peace'.

* I would value your input regarding just what the Scriptures can tell us concerning this initial 1,000 year period of Christ's reign.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Ross

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Every realm will serve and obey His holy people:
Amos 9:13-15 The time is surely coming, says the Lord, when the one who plows shall overtake the one who reaps, and the treader of grapes, the one who sows the seed; the mountains shall drip sweet wine, all the hills shall flow with it. I will restore the fortunes of My people, Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant them upon their Land and they shall never again be plucked up out of the Land I have given them.

That scripture promises restoration for a devastated land and a scattered people and it does so in a beautiful description of overflowing fertility in field and vineyard along with an unqualified pledge of “never again” for His faithful people, from every tribe, race nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10, Isaiah 66:18b-21, to be dispossessed.

Bible prophecy refers to a divinely established Utopia (Greek- good place) in which, God puts an end to this world of injustice and unrighteousness on earth and replaces it with a world of justice and righteousness on earth.

This end times Kingdom is the covenantal kingdom, brought to its ultimate perfection and ideal consummation, here on earth. Hebrews 8:8-12 It will last for 1000 years, as Revelation 20 clearly informs us.

Daniel 7:27 The Kingly power, sovereignty and greatness of all the Kingdoms under heaven will be given to the Holy people of the Most High. Their Kingly power will last for ever and every realm will serve and obey them.

So, how will the God of justice and righteousness treat the Gentiles in establishing this utopian Kingdom on earth?

Micah 4:1-2 In days to come, the Lords House will tower above the hills. The nations will stream toward it, saying; Let us go to the House of Jacob’s God, that He may teach us His ways, for instruction comes from Zion. [and in Isaiah 2:2-4]

Zechariah 8:20 Nations and dwellers in many cities will come to Jerusalem to entreat the favor of the Lord.

Those warlike and idol worshipping peoples will be converted to godly worship, under a God of justice and peace. They will not become Israelites, but all will live together under God. This will be the situation after Jesus Returns, during His Millennium rule.

But we know from the many prophesies like Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 34:11-16, that the time is coming when all the Lord’s faithful Christian people will go to live in all of the holy Land, BEFORE the Return of Jesus. They will, at last, be as God always intended His people to be, His witnesses and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16
Much must take place before Jesus Returns and we are exhorted to stand firm in our faith thru it all. Revelation 13:9-10

Psalms 37:29 The righteous shall possess the Land and will live there forever.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Keraz,

I will print off your reply, check out the Scriptures you have provided and consider what you have said in the light of them, with Revelation 20:1-10 in mind.

Within the love of Christ
our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every realm will serve and obey His holy people:
Amos 9:13-15 The time is surely coming, says the Lord, when the one who plows shall overtake the one who reaps, and the treader of grapes, the one who sows the seed; the mountains shall drip sweet wine, all the hills shall flow with it. I will restore the fortunes of My people, Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant them upon their Land and they shall never again be plucked up out of the Land I have given them.

That scripture promises restoration for a devastated land and a scattered people and it does so in a beautiful description of overflowing fertility in field and vineyard along with an unqualified pledge of “never again” for His faithful people, from every tribe, race nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10, Isaiah 66:18b-21, to be dispossessed.

Bible prophecy refers to a divinely established Utopia (Greek- good place) in which, God puts an end to this world of injustice and unrighteousness on earth and replaces it with a world of justice and righteousness on earth.
Hello Keraz,

Thank you for contributing to the thread. I ask for your patience because I am abysmally ignorant of end time events, though I have read and re-read the Scriptures associated with it. You refer to the Biblical fact that God will put an end to this world of injustice and unrighteousness, replacing it with a world of justice and righteousness. If you are referring to the New Heaven and New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, does this not take place after the 1000 year reign of the Overcomer with Christ?

Keras:-
This end times Kingdom is the covenantal kingdom, brought to its ultimate perfection and ideal consummation, here on earth. Hebrews 8:8-12 It will last for 1000 years, as Revelation 20 clearly informs us.

Daniel 7:27 The Kingly power, sovereignty and greatness of all the Kingdoms under heaven will be given to the Holy people of the Most High. Their Kingly power will last for ever and every realm will serve and obey them.

So, how will the God of justice and righteousness treat the Gentiles in establishing this utopian Kingdom on earth?

Micah 4:1-2 In days to come, the Lords House will tower above the hills. The nations will stream toward it, saying; Let us go to the House of Jacob’s God, that He may teach us His ways, for instruction comes from Zion. [and in Isaiah 2:2-4]

Zechariah 8:20 Nations and dwellers in many cities will come to Jerusalem to entreat the favor of the Lord.

Those warlike and idol worshipping peoples will be converted to godly worship, under a God of justice and peace. They will not become Israelites, but all will live together under God. This will be the situation after Jesus Returns, during His Millennium rule.
*Thank you, Keras. Yet, we are told that some of those nations will feign obedience to the Lord, and at the end of the 1000 years Satan will once again deceive the nations and cause rebellion among them, and they will rise up against the camp of the saints, and God will destroy them (Revelation 20).
Keras:-
But we know from the many prophesies like Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 34:11-16, that the time is coming when all the Lord’s faithful Christian people will go to live in all of the holy Land, BEFORE the Return of Jesus. They will, at last, be as God always intended His people to be, His witnesses and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16
Much must take place before Jesus Returns and we are exhorted to stand firm in our faith thru it all. Revelation 13:9-10

Psalms 37:29 The righteous shall possess the Land and will live there forever.
* Are not the People referred to in these references not the redeemed of Israel, Keras? Not those of any other nation.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You refer to the Biblical fact that God will put an end to this world of injustice and unrighteousness, replacing it with a world of justice and righteousness. If you are referring to the New Heaven and New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, does this not take place after the 1000 year reign of the Overcomer with Christ?
I see the Millennium with Jesus as world Ruler, being a time of justice and righteousness. Only near the end of the 1000 years, is Satan released and sin is again the choice for the people. Those who do go with Satan will be destroyed.
The NH, NE, comes after the Millennium, for Eternity. All those whose names are found in the Book of Life will be made immortal then.
The People of God are from every tribe [of Israel] every race, nation and language, our ethnicity has no bearing on this.

I have many short articles on the Prophetic Word, free on my website.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...'The Overcomers' of the tribulation period will reign with Christ.
Along with all the other saints. While the Tribulation saints are mentioned specifically in Revelation 20, other Scriptures make it clear that all the saints will live and reign with Christ. Yet all will not have the same levels of responsibility.

While the Millennium is mentioned only in this chapter, it would appear that it will only be the precursor to the eternal Kingdom of God on earth under Christ, with redeemed and restored Israel as the leading nation.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Keraz
@Enoch111

Thank you very much for responding to my OP. I am trying to get the events of this period clear in my mind.

In Christ Jesus
Chris