The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

Who are the 10 Commandments written to?
They are written to all God's Children.

Who are God's Children? Let's see.

God is a spirit. Those who worship Him (His Children) must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.
John 4:24

Spiritual Israel are God's Children; NOT any physical/fleshly race - for "...they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:.."
Romans 9:8

Is God's Law a physical Law or a Spiritual Law?
"For we know that the Law is spiritual:..."
Romans 7:14

"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, (those who do them and keep them may go to heaven.)...Ye shall not add unto (them), neither shall ye diminish (them)..., that ye might keep the Commandments of the Lord your God ..."
Deuteronomy 4:1-2

NOTE: this chapter speaks nothing of the Mosaic/Ceremonial laws. It is ONLY referring to the 10 Commandments which ARE God's Law.

"And He declared unto you ... Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on tables of stone."
Deuteronomy 4:13

And what if His Children stop obeying His Commandments?

"... the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,..."
Deuteronomy 4:27

We are living this reality today. Scattered far and wide; few and far between among the nations.

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
(This next verse is PROOF POSITIVE that the Commandments are still valid to this very day.)
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days (end times), if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers (10 Commandments) which He sware unto them."
Deuteronomy 4:29-31

"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

"My covenant will I not break nor alter (forever) the thing that has gone out of My lips."
Psalms 89:34

"For I am the Lord, I change not; ..."
Malachi 3:6

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul tells us in Romans 7 that the Commandments are what taught Him about sin.

Without the Commandments, he wouldn't even know his sin.

If we can still sin today, that means the Commandments are still intact and valid for all mankind.

If they had been done away with, then sin would be done away with.

And we know that just isn't the case, don't we?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lack of response to this thread reveals the depraved state of this forum.

This thread contradicts a great majority of the opinions, and threads, here - and uses solid scriptural evidence to do so, yet nobody wants to touch it.

It's a shame.

Mostly because there are some here who need to know this.

The Bible tells us most will never discover it.

What can ya do?

shrug-what.gif

Revelation 22:11

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who are the 10 Commandments written to? They are written to all God's Children.
We could now say that they are written to all humanity. The question which should be asked is this: "Why did God personally write those commandments on tablets of stone -- not once but twice -- when He could have simply dictated them?" And why were they repeated in two books of the Torah, when one book would have sufficed?" These facts in themselves show how extremely important they were (and still are). They are both moral and spiritual, not merely moral (as many claim).

upload_2022-1-18_20-47-7.png

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could now say that they are written to all humanity. The question which should be asked is this: "Why did God personally write those commandments on tablets of stone -- not once but twice -- when He could have simply dictated them?" And why were they repeated in two books of the Torah, when one book would have sufficed?" These facts in themselves show how extremely important they were (and still are). They are both moral and spiritual, not merely moral (as many claim).
Yes.

If I'm not mistaken, God actually did speak them to the people at the time, but it scared them SO bad, their hearts almost failed them.

Deuteronomy 4:11
Deuteronomy 4:12
*Deuteronomy 4:13*
Exodus 20:19

It actually always makes me laugh a little because it had to be absolutely ... TERRIFYING.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I'm not mistaken, God actually did speak them to the people at the time, but it scared them SO bad, their hearts almost failed them.
That's right. No doubt the Israelites knew that they could be destroyed in the presence of God and that they deserved it (as do all humans). What is also significant in this matter is that Moses went up into Mt Sinai seven times, and he remained with God not once but twice for 40 days and 40 nights. And each time he received the two tablets of stone. He had smashed the first set after witnessing the idolatry of Israel, but the second set was placed in the ark of the covenant (Exod 25:16).

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The lack of response to this thread reveals the depraved state of this forum.

This thread contradicts a great majority of the opinions, and threads, here - and uses solid scriptural evidence to do so, yet nobody wants to touch it.

It's a shame.

Mostly because there are some here who need to know this.

The Bible tells us most will never discover it.

What can ya do?

shrug-what.gif

Revelation 22:11
Lack of response proves absolutely nothing …. You forgot to include the sermon on the mount about the sin that we commit in our attitudes towards others !

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of response proves absolutely nothing …. You forgot to include the sermon on the mount about the sin that we commit in our attitudes towards others !
Did you have a verse that you'd like to share and discuss or just wanted to speak your mind?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The sermon on the mount reveals that it isn’t just the things we do outwardly that are important, but what is reflected in our attitudes. The fact that you conclude that people have not responded because you consider it evidence of a depraved forum is a bit weird. When a person questions lack of responses it’s sometimes because they feel so important that they consider others should obviously respond to what’s been said……..
It kind of reveals more about the poster than those who haven’t responded !!
Yes, just speaking my mind as a member of the forum ( not as a moderator )

I do believe that the sermon of the mount and the Ten Commandments go hand in hand , they both reveal that we can be way off base with regards to believing that we never have planks to remove from our own eyes while looking at the specks that we see in the eyes of others xx
Rita

Last edited:

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe the lack of on topic responses is because the topic has been done to death on these boards?

Yes, the 10 commandments are forever. And they're reflected in the sermon on the mount.

However, it isn't unusual to find those who disagree. Those who hold to replacement theology often deny the 10 commands still apply. This because they say they only pertain to the Jews.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe the lack of on topic responses is because the topic has been done to death on these boards?

Yes, the 10 commandments are forever. And they're reflected in the sermon on the mount.

However, it isn't unusual to find those who disagree. Those who hold to replacement theology often deny the 10 commands still apply. This because they say they only pertain to the Jews.
I must admit that I have never understood how many can say they are no longer relevant. Jesus brought about a change that no longer means we have to sacrifice when laws are broken, but they still form a framework , along with the sermon on the mount, that protects and guides us to make wise choices.
How we act and how we treat othersx

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Psalm 111:7-8

God is a spirit. Those who worship Him (His Children) must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

Spiritual Israel are God's Children; NOT any physical/fleshly race - for "...they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:.."

"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, (those who do them and keep them may go to heaven.)...Ye shall not add unto (them), neither shall ye diminish (them)..., that ye might keep the Commandments of the Lord your God ..."

NOTE: this chapter speaks nothing of the Mosaic/Ceremonial laws. It is ONLY referring to the 10 Commandments which ARE God's Law.

"And He declared unto you ... Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on tables of stone."

"... the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,..."

We are living this reality today. Scattered far and wide; few and far between among the nations.

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
(This next verse is PROOF POSITIVE that the Commandments are still valid to this very day.)
When thou art in tribulation , and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days(end times), if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers(10 Commandments) which He sware unto them."

"My covenant will I not break nor alter (forever) the thing that has gone out of My lips."
Psalm 89:34

I remember from a sermon from a number of years ago someone was preaching on the 10 commandments being summed up by Jesus's 2 commandments in the NT, Love the Lord and love thy neighbour, that all these 10 commandments are related to love the Lord and love thy neighbour.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember from a sermon from a number of years ago someone was preaching on the 10 commandments being summed up by Jesus's 2 commandments in the NT, Love the Lord and love thy neighbour, that all these 10 commandments are related to love the Lord and love thy neighbour.
That is very true. Therefore they are now a part of the Law of Christ (which is the Law of Love, the Law of Liberty, and the Royal Law). Paul makes this clear in Romans 13:7-10: Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

You can take every commandment in the Law of Moses, and it will fulfil this requirement. While Paul refers to only five of the Ten Commandments, they are all covered.

Reactions: Brakelite

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, , 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

The ten commands are still forever. Not one Jot or tittle will pass..

However. these commands are ministers of death. Because as moses said. Whoever does not confirm and obey every word is cursed.

which is why paul made it clear. whoever tries to place themselves under the law are cursed. Even james said we can keep the whole law yet just stumble in one point. we are guilty of all

As for no one responding. Maybe people just get sick of the same old arguments, Sick of people who water down the law and do not see the law for what it is.

As @Josho said. The way to sanctification is through the law of Love not the law of moses. The law of moses was a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. And As @Rita has been trying to share. Jesus in the sermon on the mount showed us how week the law is to help us in christian growth, Because if we look only to the law (the law says) we can convince ourselves we are keeping the law. Yet as Jesus says "but I say"

Murder is still a sin, that will not change
Bearing false witness is still sin, it will not change\
Dishonoring our parents is still a sin
Coveting is still a sin.
I can go on and on and on.

But those commands written and engraven on stones are ministry's of death. not of life.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
The 10 commandments were only given to the Jews, (Deuteronomy 5:2-3) therefore non-Jews/Gentiles were excluded from that "covenants of promise" (Ephesians 2:12). The Jews having their own law given them and not the Gentiles created a "middle wall of partition" that separated Jews from Gentiles (Ephesians 2:14). Yet Christ broke down that middle wall of partition. Christ took away ALL the OT law including the 10 commandments thereby making Jew and Gentile "both one" under His NT...."that he might reconcile both unto God in one body (church)" (Ephesians 2:16). Therefore NONE of the OT law is active or in effect today including the 10 commandments. Lying, stealing, adultery. murder, etc are sinful for us today NOT because the 10 commandments says they are wrong but because Christ's NT says they are wrong....Christians follow Christ, not Moses. The OT condemned the overt, physical act of adultery whereas Christ's NT also condemns the lusting in the heart. Christians follow the NT laws not the OT laws and that's why Christians met on the first day of the week and not the 7th day/Sabbath (Acts 20:7).

Last edited:
Reactions: pompadour and Titus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When thou art in tribulation , and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days(end times), if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers(10 Commandments) which He sware unto them."

Psalm 89:34

All except the sabbath Gen, Christians are not obligated to observe the sabbath.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is impossible to keep. If you try, you’re under the curse because you are working for your salvation. I think we just need to love our God and our fellow man and everything will fall into place.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must admit that I have never understood how many can say they are no longer relevant. Jesus brought about a change that no longer means we have to sacrifice when laws are broken, but they still form a framework , along with the sermon on the mount, that protects and guides us to make wise choices.
How we act and how we treat othersx
Same here. It makes no sense how anyone in Christ would hold to such a belief.

Reactions: Cassandra
Status
Not open for further replies.