The Abomination of Desolation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Jesus placed the Abomination of Desolation within the life times of his disciples. Saying "when you see (second person plural) the AOD, leave Jerusalem (Matthew 24:15).

This being the case, how did the AOD happen? I believe it was the continued animal sacrifice by the Jews in the temple "standing in the Holy place" after Jesus put an end to sin with the sacrifice of himself. Later, formally removed by God in the siege of Jerusalem in AD 70.

The continued animal sacrifice was a formal rejection of God by the Jews and his atoning for sins by offering himself on the cross.

[edit] Luke says when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies (Luke 21:20), flee. So this coupled with the AOD would complete the warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus placed the Abomination of Desolation within the life times of his disciples. Saying "when you see (second person plural) the AOD, leave Jerusalem.

This being the case, how did the AOD happen? I believe it was the continued animal sacrifice by the Jews in the temple "standing in the Holy place" after Jesus put an end to sin with the sacrifice of himself. Later, formally removed by God in the siege of Jerusalem in AD 70.

The continued animal sacrifice was a formal rejection of God by the Jews and his atoning for sins by offering himself on the cross.
Agreed. He no longer dwells in temples made with hands. But if this is true, hold on to your seat; because it’ll be in conflict with every theory out their

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seem the Lord gave them at least 40 years to change.
I agree that was an Abomination in the Temple, God had it destroyed.
Poor Jesus, they ignore the best.
2 Corinthians 3:14-16 (KJV)
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the
reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seem the Lord gave them at least 40 years to change.
I agree that was an Abomination in the Temple, God had it destroyed.
Poor Jesus, they ignore the best.
2 Corinthians 3:14-16 (KJV)
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the
reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
This is Jacobs trouble. Jacob for the pst 2000 years; not Israel’s trouble for they all shall be saved. Jacob has no way to cover his sin= doesn’t inherit the promise

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 22:30-31 KJV
[30] A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. [31] They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this .

Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:8 KJV
[8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Mrs waiting shared this.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus placed the Abomination of Desolation within the life times of his disciples. Saying "when you see (second person plural) the AOD, leave Jerusalem (Matthew 24:15).

[edit] Luke says when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies (Luke 21:20), flee. So this coupled with the AOD would complete the warning.

Matthew 24:15 New International Version (NIV)
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a]">[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Daniel 9:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’a]">[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’b]">[b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the templec]">[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.d]">[d]”e]">[e]

That did not happen in the time of the apostles.

Luke 21:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

Happened in 70 A.D. and what happened at mid Tribulation Period.

D

Dave L

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a]">[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’a]">[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’b]">[b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the templec]">[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.d]">[d]”e]">[e]

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

The Great Tribulation of AD 70 was Jewish. Christians are under tribulation the entire New Covenant era until the end of the world.

Reactions: Acolyte

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proverbs 17:15 KJV
[15] He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord .

Tecarta Bible Numerous times in Romans, says he has justified the wicked(me).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great Tribulation of AD 70 was Jewish. Christians are under tribulation the entire New Covenant era until the end of the world.
A JW woman once came and visited Mrs waiting and I, after a couple of hrs of debate we concluded the deity of Christ. She asked if I receive this where would I go what would I do everyone I love is affiliated with JW I would have to abandon everything I’ve been taught. That is a hard place to be in

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who suffered in the great tribulation of 70 AD? Christians? Who left the area heeding Jesus' warning? Or the wicked Jews who rejected Jesus?

There was no Tribulation Period In biblical terms at 70 A.D..

There was a Roman invasion of Israel to crush the Jewish state. The zealots were in armed rebellion against Rome and Rome did not tolerate rebellion. Much more than Jerusalem was conquered and desolated. The fighting Was from 66 to 70 A.D.

Just as in the OT God using pagan nations to punish Israel with invasion.

The church did as Christ warning and left. The Pharisaical Jews stayed and either were slaughtered or enslaved and important.

You're trying to turn this into something it is not

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no Tribulation Period In biblical terms at 70 A.D..

There was a Roman invasion of Israel to crush the Jewish state. The zealots were in armed rebellion against Rome and Rome did not tolerate rebellion. Much more than Jerusalem was conquered and desolated. The fighting Was from 66 to 70 A.D.

Just as in the OT God using pagan nations to punish Israel with invasion.

The church did as Christ warning and left. The Pharisaical Jews stayed and either were slaughtered or enslaved and important.

You're trying to turn this into something it is not
CI I’m curious how do dispensationists see Psalms 22:30-31

Last edited: