The Apostate Holy Laughter Movement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Watch this video in comparing what is happening in the churches and then compare it to the occult; namely Kundalini.

Note how bad the latter days is when these big names in ministry are supporting it.

Unholy Laughter

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Keep your eyes and focus only on the Son to honor Him in worship and you can't go wrong.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.... 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

So it doesn't matter how miraculous they claim it to be, if the spotlight is not on the Son, but on the Holy Spirit, don't go there. There can be no sharing in the spotlight of the Son with the Holy Spirit in worship. Trust Jesus Christ in you as your Good Shepherd to keep you from falling and from serving that movement in seeking the glory of it and by it.

Decide this day Whom you will serve, the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name.

I had chosen Him, but I still had asked Him to help me to do it & I am glad I did. Whew.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Watch this video in comparing what is happening in the churches and then compare it to the occult; namely Kundalini.

Note how bad the latter days is when these big names in ministry are supporting it.

Unholy Laughter

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Keep your eyes and focus only on the Son to honor Him in worship and you can't go wrong.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.... 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

So it doesn't matter how miraculous they claim it to be, if the spotlight is not on the Son, but on the Holy Spirit, don't go there. There can be no sharing in the spotlight of the Son with the Holy Spirit in worship. Trust Jesus Christ in you as your Good Shepherd to keep you from falling and from serving that movement in seeking the glory of it and by it.

Decide this day Whom you will serve, the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name.

I had chosen Him, but I still had asked Him to help me to do it & I am glad I did. Whew.
Would someone call in an exorcist, please!
And this utter dementia and disgrace is in most charlatan churches, not just the 'giggles for god' movements. You see this erratic and 'possessed' behaviour in the Creflo Dollars and Benny Hinns too.
Despite the fact that these movements do, to some degree, defame Christianity, it is understandable to some extent, because we know that every good thing that is out there, will always be knocked-off, exploited and corrupted by deceptive, misguided and avaricious people.

Reactions: Nancy

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would someone call in an exorcist, please!
And this utter dementia and disgrace is in most charlatan churches, not just the 'giggles for god' movements. You see this erratic and 'possessed' behaviour in the Creflo Dollars and Benny Hinns too.
Despite the fact that these movements do, to some degree, defame Christianity, it is understandable to some extent, because we know that every good thing that is out there, will always be knocked-off, exploited and corrupted by deceptive, misguided and avaricious people.

I do point out that Paul was confronted by this iniquity also in his days for why he reminded believers of this tradition to reprove the lie that believers believe that they can receive the Holy Spirit "again" or "continually" after salvation moment.

2 Thessalonians 2:1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, ........

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way....

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Said "damnation" being a castaway is to be left behind by the Bridegroom for being out to the marketplace seeking to be filled and thus damned by becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House, but still in His House.

We read on Paul reminding believers of the tradition taught of us that reproves the lie so as to avoid receiving those strong delusions.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

Paul goes on to explain why we are to withdraw from those that walk disorderly and not after the traditions taught of us and yet not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;...….. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

So that also adds to why those unrepentant saints left behind are still saved, but missing out on the firstfruits of the resurrection to be that vessel unto honor in His House. God may peradventure to recover some from this snare of the devil, and return to their first love to rest in Him again before the Bridegroom comes, but those left behind will suffer a physical death by which their spirits will be present with the Lord in Heaven awaiting their resurrection after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House to serve the King of kings for His millennium reign.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul goes on to explain why we are to withdraw from those that walk disorderly and not after the traditions taught of us and yet not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;...….. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

So that also adds to why those unrepentant saints left behind are still saved, but missing out on the firstfruits of the resurrection to be that vessel unto honor in His House. God may peradventure to recover some from this snare of the devil, and return to their first love to rest in Him again before the Bridegroom comes, but those left behind will suffer a physical death by which their spirits will be present with the Lord in Heaven awaiting their resurrection after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House to serve the King of kings for His millennium reign.
I would imagine that this depends on the extent of his disorderly behaviour, that is, the implications behind the act. If it is not a sign of his lack of faith, then, yes, admonish him accordingly, with the intent to correct him and bring him back to the correct line of thinking and behaving. But, i would thank that there's comes a point where one's actions, put to question their salvific faith?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, you guys have dug up another thing I disagree with you on.
Very confusing remark, Willie?
Only one person dug this up (Enow), so I don't know who the plural 'you guys' are?
We were both denouncing this movement, so I can't imagine what you were disagreeing with?
The last post was definitely a digression, so I personally wouldn't relate it to the same thread (I didn't intend it that way)?
So again, not sure what you're referring to, ...maybe Enow does?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unholy Laughter

Sure makes a mockery of God's people. I have read about this spirit before and, I agree...it is NOT from our very ordered God! Nor is it biblical

Reactions: Enow

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's probable neither of you will ever know.:(
Are you referring to the obvious nature of the thread, that it wasn't even necessary to post?
That is, no fool buys into that nonsense, ...yes, I agree, it was slightly redundant, too ridiculous to even remark on.
Outside of that, your vague remarks appear to be just as frivolous?

Reactions: r1xlx

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure makes a mockery of God's people. I have read about this spirit before and, I agree...it is NOT from our very ordered God! Nor is it biblical

Maybe, maybe not.
But either way we cut it...it is, and never has been "A Movement". :rolleyes:

But I suppose it gives some people something to criticize , dissect ect, and then post about...which neither blesses, encourages, or does any good for man or mouse. ;) xx

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not.
But either way we cut it...it is, and never has been "A Movement". :rolleyes:

But I suppose it gives some people something to do and post about...which neither blesses, encourages, or does any good for man or mouse. ;) xx

It just gives me the willies as, I cannot see how an un believer could witness some of that stuff and NOT just walk out calling them crazy! I just can't go with it. Sorry :(
xo

Reactions: Enow and marks

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just gives me the willies as, I cannot see how an un believer could witness some of that stuff and NOT just walk out calling them crazy! I just can't go with it. Sorry :(
xo
Have you ever been in a congregation where you knew several of the people who were doing it? (I imagine all those people in the Bible who started speaking in tongues right after they were baptized probably freaked out a few strangers who might have been watching...… How odd of God to deliberately discourage people that way.)

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cannot see how an unbeliever could witness some of that stuff and NOT just walk out calling them crazy!
Well the apostle Paul said the exact same thing (1 Cor 14:23).
If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you ever been in a congregation where you knew several of the people who were doing it? (I imagine all those people in the Bible who started speaking in tongues right after they were baptized probably freaked out a few strangers who might have been watching...… How odd of God to deliberately discourage people that way.)
...you're joking, right?
@Nancy is he joking?
It's probable neither of you will ever know.
You got that right, ...I'm still in unbelief, like really!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you guys have dug up another thing I disagree with you on.

Care to explain why? With scripture too?

Surely there are enough scripture to show my concern as valid.

How do you test the spirits from the real indwelling Holy Spirit?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very confusing remark, Willie?
Only one person dug this up (Enow), so I don't know who the plural 'you guys' are?
We were both denouncing this movement, so I can't imagine what you were disagreeing with?
The last post was definitely a digression, so I personally wouldn't relate it to the same thread (I didn't intend it that way)?
So again, not sure what you're referring to, ...maybe Enow does?

In the OP, there is a link to a list of names that support the apsotasy of this "holy laughter" movement.

So "maybe" there are those on the forum that agrees with them and support such a phenomenon.

Best let them speak plainly for themselves.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's probable neither of you will ever know.:(

I've been confronted with the "holy laughter" phenomenon and thanks to Jesus Christ warning me about a week before I went on vacation to my Aunt's place about 4 states over with my folks. He had kept me from falling for that movement to be swooned by it as He helped me NOT to serve it by promoting it in giving another calling to believers and thus in seeking its glory among believers.

Thanks to Jesus Christ, I serve Him and nothing else in His name. I really give Him the credit for that, cause I could have been swept away with it.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the OP, there is a link to a list of names that support the apsotasy of this "holy laughter" movement.

So "maybe" there are those on the forum that agrees with them and support such a phenomenon.

Best let them speak plainly for themselves.
I'm getting the disconcerting feeling that Willie is?